[2.0] 200k+ DPS, 7k hp, on a 1ex budget: The Summoner

"
SorHodor wrote:
I'm trying this build as i had a witch with full respect points. I'm currently at level 64, but i'm felling the character is a bit glassy, with only 2027 life, and the clear speed is nothing special.

Mas is low (1121) but is not a problem with clarity.

I'm using:

SRS (17) - Echo (16) - Multistrike (15) - MPD (15) - Melee Splash (17)
Zombie (16) - Melee Splash (15) - Multistrike (12) - Empower (1) (On Geofri's)
Hatred (16) - Generosity (18) - Reduced Mana (13)
Clarity (15) - Haste (4) - Reduced Mana (15)

Any idea on what's happening? Am i missing anything?

Can you fit in Flesh Offering in a loose slot somewhere? Considering how little time you spend casting it (maybe twice in a big fight), it seems pretty worthwhile. Maybe try it out and see if you like it.
"
Crowcide wrote:
Been playing with both animates. In their current form i'm convinced they are rubish.

Now i'm toying with using spectre or vaal skelly with my extra gem slot.

We'll see if I like it better. It might simply be bad at high level.

Right now I like the look of this setup..

Staff: SRS, Zombies, Spell Echo, Melee Splash, Multistrike, Empower
Helm: Animate Weapon, Raise Spectre, Empower, Increased Duration
Chest: Clarity, Haste, Reduced Mana | Hatred, Generosity, Reduced Mana
Summon Skeleton, Spell Totem | Vaal Haste, Increased Duration
Ball Lightning, Curse on Hit, Ele Weakness, GMP
Unset ring: Flesh Offering

With the empowers and gem level boni on staff and helm, that's a lot of badass pets to take advantage of auras and debuffs. I'm a bit sad that spectres end up linked to increased duration, but I really don't see a sensible way to avoid it and still get all the nice bonus levels for all the pets.

In regards to survivability and the hp issues people have metioned.. I'm level 51, and have just under 1400 hp. I don't know if that's good or bad, because I hardly ever take damage. The first thing the enemies see is my skelebro totem, and then the horde of incoming death. I'm pretty sure the only time I've been on low life so far was from not running far enough after opening a rare chest. Often I only take damage when I'm too lazy to totemwalk.

I realize it's still early days. That being said, I'm about to finish this post and get ingame so I can get the last two levels before being able to use my shiny new hat, and then it seems the sky is the limit :D
"
Chromodar wrote:
"
SorHodor wrote:
I'm trying this build as i had a witch with full respect points. I'm currently at level 64, but i'm felling the character is a bit glassy, with only 2027 life, and the clear speed is nothing special.

Mas is low (1121) but is not a problem with clarity.

I'm using:

SRS (17) - Echo (16) - Multistrike (15) - MPD (15) - Melee Splash (17)
Zombie (16) - Melee Splash (15) - Multistrike (12) - Empower (1) (On Geofri's)
Hatred (16) - Generosity (18) - Reduced Mana (13)
Clarity (15) - Haste (4) - Reduced Mana (15)

Any idea on what's happening? Am i missing anything?

Can you fit in Flesh Offering in a loose slot somewhere? Considering how little time you spend casting it (maybe twice in a big fight), it seems pretty worthwhile. Maybe try it out and see if you like it.
Flesh offering is pretty strong. Specially when you pair it with vaal haste and multistrike
is it okay to get double curses at level 40?

i feel like using enfeeble + temporal chains would increase survivability by a lot.
"
GotzYourBike wrote:
is it okay to get double curses at level 40?

i feel like using enfeeble + temporal chains would increase survivability by a lot.
You can, but it would cut damage considerably. If i were you go for the curse ring or boots, lose GMP on ball of light.
For any mapping novices, this has been my experience so far.

Started mapping at L65. Pretty standard passives, had 33% quantity from gear, giving up lots of life, etc. Bones of Ulir for spectres, 5L for SRS, Geoffri's for zombies. So, better than the worst, but not great. Did have a legacy Angelic Kite Shield with 24+7 all resist and 90 life. About 2900 life, including ES. Have 3 spectres, 1 Undying evangelist, 1 Chimera (mistake I was too lazy to correct), and one cursing Necromancer I picked up in the map. Very handy, that. Nothing gave me the least trouble, never died, never even go hit much. Did not have to use skellies, Vaal Haste, or even SRS that much. BTW, before I started running the spectres, I had trouble with merciless Dominus. Quite a few deaths. With spectres, he died quick. IMO, spectres >> Vaal skelly.

Had about 15 L66 maps, one rare, rest white. Did not roll any of them. Started doing Dried Lake maps, too easy. Did some of the others. When I got down to about 4 maps left, did the rare Grotto.

It sported -18 to player resist, +25% monster damage, + monster power charge every 20 sec, summons monsters from beyond, +73% quantity. Now this was a challenge, even died twice. Didn't lose any spectres, but my zombies kept dying (btw, dropped melee splash for a level 1 empower: 75% xp but no gem level). had to walk the skellie totem to advance. hehe, ran across a Cartographer's rare strongbox, which dropped 14 maps, about half and half 66-67.

Total xp, 3 levels, finished at 68. Better then boring Piety runs.

So, just for an anecdotal data point, for anyone who is just starting to map. Hope it helps someone.
Does "% increased spell damage" work on SRS or other minion's damage?
"
SorHodor wrote:
Does "% increased spell damage" work on SRS or other minion's damage?
nope, doesn't do anything
"
Crowcide wrote:
I have no idea how your life is so low, i'm sitting well above 4k.

According to your gear/tree and level, you should be sitting at 4k (3.9) exactly.
And almost half of your hp come from your gear. I don't know how you can be well above 4k with the stats I'm getting from your build.. that or I did my maths wrong which I doubt

I'm 62 currently with mid life roll on gear and I'm sitting at 2.5k
Not too much of a deal right now since I can coward behind zombies and SRS damage is crazy in a 5L +2 staff only. But to be anywhere well above 4k I will need crazy life roll on every piece of gear possible.

Overall the build is really fun to play, in fact, that's my first Summoner build and I'm having a blast right now, so thank you for the build !

(sorry for my bad english)
"
trapnaRrr wrote:
"
Crowcide wrote:
I have no idea how your life is so low, i'm sitting well above 4k.

According to your gear/tree and level, you should be sitting at 4k (3.9) exactly.
And almost half of your hp come from your gear. I don't know how you can be well above 4k with the stats I'm getting from your build.. that or I did my maths wrong which I doubt

I'm 62 currently with mid life roll on gear and I'm sitting at 2.5k
Not too much of a deal right now since I can coward behind zombies and SRS damage is crazy in a 5L +2 staff only. But to be anywhere well above 4k I will need crazy life roll on every piece of gear possible.

Overall the build is really fun to play, in fact, that's my first Summoner build and I'm having a blast right now, so thank you for the build !

(sorry for my bad english)
I think I'm at 4.1k or something like that. I have a good chunk of the scion health wheel now and haven't updated the guide to reflect that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info