[HC][1.3] The Simple Arc Build / Guide - HC Tested Safe and Effective! *Atziri Viable*

Looking for a clan/guild? https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1889102

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/rh8FXgt
Best Arc build hardcore.
IGN: Strikeabearindaface
I am running your skill gem/aura setup, but slightly modified to get the crit nodes and doom cast from over by shadow. I sacrifice the lightning nodes above witch and part of the scion life wheel for it though, and partly make up for it with the storm weaver nodes as I pass right by it.
It's not quite as tanky, and more gear dependent, but I really love spell crit.

Vaal storm call is simply epic in that 4L setup. Its especially great for the phy link packs.

Also, the defense of arctic armour + cloak is real =)

Right now (66) Im just running around the map, grabbing a giant group, and as long as there are no reflect rares I drop vaal storm call on myself in the middle, pop my granite, and arc away.

With aa+MOM I feel its safer to run ahead and take some hits than to arc from range and risk hitting a reflect pack, tho with the light leech on my weapon, purity of ligthning, cwdt, and a topaz flask, I haven't had much issue with the reflect packs yet.

For the defenses, clear speed is A+. I had forgotten how epic arc is.

I managed to do my usual deal hunting and got all of this for very cheap except the cloak, which was almost 3ex

Gear
Spoiler

Current Build

Working towards This

Oh I took oak-all-alira for bandits.
Last edited by kuromahou on Feb 2, 2015, 7:47:33 AM
Looking for feedback/help. I started with this great guide. I am a returning player and previously played a life summoner build, but am much happier with this new setup. I incorporated a lot of uniques I had, and tried to add some shield block/spellblock. However I need better gloves, may or may not drop the Taming (need advice there,) and may move to a standard helm with more life/resists.

Gear+Gemming

Spoiler

Passive Tree - moved a few things around, went up the mana side to break out of witch instead of spell damage and cast speed

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABLMHHgdjCPQOSBBYEQ8RLRGWE54UsBZvFr8aOBpsG_EfxySqJpUnLyj6KU8reCycLYs1kjbpOlg64UGHRZ1G10lRTC1N41NSVUtVxlcpVytd8l8qYeJo8mpDaxdtGXGFc7N0VXYRfIN-M36vfsd_xoIegpuCx4w2jRmQVZUglS6WdJrgna6iAKKjpJGmV6cIrJixQraGtz64k7zqvYLAGsBUwGbB88u9zLfN-tV11abYvdlf2wvdjN-K4BLhc-Nq5CLli-kC6-7sOO0g8B_w1fJF-ej-Cv6P_rM=

I am also struggling with my gemming. In particular whether or not to keep Vaal Skeletons, the lack of room for a travel power, putting Decoy totem and Frostwall on a separate CWDT, and my manual cursing. I have tried putting curses in CWDT, I also had the curses setup on Herald of Thunder for awhile, but pulled it because I wanted to get HoT setup with reduced mana. So looking at item efficiency, alternate defensive gem combos and the long slow final slog to 100.
Should I be using Azitri's promise?

Core stats 116 life regen, 406 mana regen, 4450 life, 5085 mana, Arc is at 19K tooltip damage. Shield block is at 29 burst to 58 (need to divine up my Rumi's) and spell block is at 37 hits the cap when using the rumi's flasks. The Taming seems not as good with the changes to shockstacks, but is hard to pull at this point because of the resists. I have Ex to spend and can swap/move things around, I just want maximum survivability with reasonable clear time as I grind the final levels. Any help/advice appreciated. Also looking to buy better gloves with ES/Life/Chaos res/Fire res/int/dex , helm with good ES/Life/Chaos/resists/int/dex.
Last edited by MaliceandMayhem on Feb 2, 2015, 6:27:23 PM
"
kuromahou wrote:
I am running your skill gem/aura setup, but slightly modified to get the crit nodes and doom cast from over by shadow. I sacrifice the lightning nodes above witch and part of the scion life wheel for it though, and partly make up for it with the storm weaver nodes as I pass right by it.
It's not quite as tanky, and more gear dependent, but I really love spell crit.

Vaal storm call is simply epic in that 4L setup. Its especially great for the phy link packs.

Also, the defense of arctic armour + cloak is real =)

Right now (66) Im just running around the map, grabbing a giant group, and as long as there are no reflect rares I drop vaal storm call on myself in the middle, pop my granite, and arc away.

With aa+MOM I feel its safer to run ahead and take some hits than to arc from range and risk hitting a reflect pack, tho with the light leech on my weapon, purity of ligthning, cwdt, and a topaz flask, I haven't had much issue with the reflect packs yet.

For the defenses, clear speed is A+. I had forgotten how epic arc is.

I managed to do my usual deal hunting and got all of this for very cheap except the cloak, which was almost 3ex

Gear
Spoiler

Current Build

Working towards This

Oh I took oak-all-alira for bandits.

Looking good! I'm glad it's working out so well for you! :D
"
Looking for feedback/help. I started with this great guide. I am a returning player and previously played a life summoner build, but am much happier with this new setup. I incorporated a lot of uniques I had, and tried to add some shield block/spellblock. However I need better gloves, may or may not drop the Taming (need advice there,) and may move to a standard helm with more life/resists.

Gear+Gemming

Spoiler

Passive Tree - moved a few things around, went up the mana side to break out of witch instead of spell damage and cast speed

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABLMHHgdjCPQOSBBYEQ8RLRGWE54UsBZvFr8aOBpsG_EfxySqJpUnLyj6KU8reCycLYs1kjbpOlg64UGHRZ1G10lRTC1N41NSVUtVxlcpVytd8l8qYeJo8mpDaxdtGXGFc7N0VXYRfIN-M36vfsd_xoIegpuCx4w2jRmQVZUglS6WdJrgna6iAKKjpJGmV6cIrJixQraGtz64k7zqvYLAGsBUwGbB88u9zLfN-tV11abYvdlf2wvdjN-K4BLhc-Nq5CLli-kC6-7sOO0g8B_w1fJF-ej-Cv6P_rM=

I am also struggling with my gemming. In particular whether or not to keep Vaal Skeletons, the lack of room for a travel power, putting Decoy totem and Frostwall on a separate CWDT, and my manual cursing. I have tried putting curses in CWDT, I also had the curses setup on Herald of Thunder for awhile, but pulled it because I wanted to get HoT setup with reduced mana. So looking at item efficiency, alternate defensive gem combos and the long slow final slog to 100.
Should I be using Azitri's promise?

Core stats 116 life regen, 406 mana regen, 4450 life, 5085 mana, Arc is at 19K tooltip damage. Shield block is at 29 burst to 58 (need to divine up my Rumi's) and spell block is at 37 hits the cap when using the rumi's flasks. The Taming seems not as good with the changes to shockstacks, but is hard to pull at this point because of the resists. I have Ex to spend and can swap/move things around, I just want maximum survivability with reasonable clear time as I grind the final levels. Any help/advice appreciated. Also looking to buy better gloves with ES/Life/Chaos res/Fire res/int/dex , helm with good ES/Life/Chaos/resists/int/dex.

Ok, my thoughts are below. But keep in mind, at lot of things are different between what I am doing and what you are doing, so my help is limited.

Your tree looks good, pretty similar overall to mine.

Vaal skeletons are not needed imo, you could use that two link for reduced duration - lightning warp if you want a movement skill.

The taming is ok, but I wouldn't personally use it. Rings slots are prime places for life and mana regen. Basically you are using the taming for increased damage against shocked enemies and 15% increased ele damage - both of which are very good stats - but not worth losing a nice rare ring to me (in HC at least). Everything else is negligible or doesn't help us at all. I would get a nice rare.

I don't hate the vertex helm, even for auras. The evasion and es are HUGE and it has nice chaos res, +1 gems - very decent on it's own.

I don't think a separate CWDT is necessary or particularly beneficial.

HoT cursing is mostly a quality of life thing for me. I hate cursing manually so I probably just wouldn't ever do it so its either 1. HoT curses shit for me or 2. nothing gets cursed. I am going to try to rearrange some things tonight and get it linked up with a reduced mana.

I don't mind your gloves too much as I assume you need the dex and it requires 4 red links. Obviously, improvement can be made there but I don't know the availability of gloves that meet all your needs.

I would use an Atzri's Promise if I had the space for it. Right now, I'm quite happy with 2 life flasks, 1 Rumi's, 1 Topaz, and 1 Quicksilver.

Good luck! :D
Last edited by Charger29 on Feb 3, 2015, 11:44:59 AM
Yeah maliceandmayhem, you should really have life on all your items except for cloak and geofri's.

For a standard arc build I would go with something a little less tanky and higher dps. Softcore arc builds can pretty much double a hc arc build.

Im up into the 70s now, my bloodlines store has been doing very well, and I had the income to upgrade quite a bit of stuff (and still sitting on 3ex+other currency! Not bad for 2 weeks in bloodlines!).

New gear setup, MUCH more crit.

With only lvl16 arc gem and supports, Im already over 7k tooltip dps and I have an empower leveling in my alt set. On the down side I burned almost 300 jewellers and didnt 6S my cloak.

Current Tree

Next steps are get the chaos/life wheel, get vaal pact, and get a doryanis lightning belt bringing me up to 2% lightning leech, that should be enough combined with vaal pact and PoL to remove most of the reflect risk. Even now I accidentally dropped a vaal storm call on a reflect rare+pack around him and managed not to die, though it was hella scary.
Can you elaborate a bit on node progression, how early is too early to go into Eldritch Battery?
I went to shadow, then over to templar, then grabbed EB around 50.

Until you are ready to run arctic armor and have at least some of the mana/regen nodes, you dont need it.

Id suggest getting the basics from templar area first though, as the shadow stuff was mostly useless till much later.

As always, get all life nodes before damage nodes. You can get by fine just on your gems and supports all the way to 60 easily. Heck I ran arc-echo-light pen in a +1 light gem wand until I got my geofri's at 58 or so, and clear speed was no problem.
Thanks for the feedback!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info