[HC][1.3] The Simple Arc Build / Guide - HC Tested Safe and Effective! *Atziri Viable*

Hey guys!

I updated a lot of things. Some new gear, 21/20 Arc, slightly reworked tree to give me better of everything really - mana, mana regen, damage. Check it out! :D
Looks like some very nice improvements. I have been working away as well, and I took the previous poster's advice and tried to slim down the number of uniques while increasing the health on every piece. I also resolved my gemming and I am very happy with how things are working.

Ultimately I ended up running four curses. My corrupted Lahzawar allows me to keep two up on a mob at any given time. For offense I selfcast Conductivity and Elemental weakness, and mobs just melt even in 78s with the craziest mods. I have the selfcast curses mapped to a single middle mouse click (thanks Logitech) so I miss minimal DPS time.

I moved Herald of Thunder and Tempest Shield into my 6L and am supporting them with Reduced Mana, Curse on Hit, Enfeeblement and Temporal Changes. At range I lay down curses and blast away, anything that gets close or hits me immediately gets a heavy damage nerf.

At the moment I am feeling very good about the way everything is running and I've leveled twice in the last 4-5 days. Tool tip damage is at 21K DPS, Life is up to 4800, mana is at 5200, 2300 available. I have also upped my chaos res but I would like to work on that further. One final piece, I will mod my gloves when I get to lvl 8 rep with Eleron, which will put my block burst at 71%. I want to be able to cap, but I can't see anywhere in the tree I can get to without a ton of waste. Any other gear, or suggestions on how I can get to max block?

Gemming

Spoiler

4L - 21/20 Arc, Spell Echo, Faster Casting, Empower
6L - Herald of Thunder, Tempest Shield, Curse on Hit, Enfeeble, Temporal Chains, Reduced Mana
4L - Enduring Cry, Immortal Call, Increased Duration, Cast When Damage Taken
4L - Vaal Storm Call, Increased Duration, Spell Echo,Lightning Pennitration
3L - Reduced Mana, Herald of Ice, Clarity
3L - Conductivity, Elemental Weakness, Arctic Armour

Gear

Spoiler

Tree

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEswceB2MHpQj0DkgQWBEPES0RlhOeFLAWbxa_GjgabBvxH8ckqiaVJy8o-ilPK3gsnC2LNuk6WDrhQYdFnUbXSVFJskwtTeNTUlVLVcZXKV3yXyph4mjyakNrF20ZcYVzs3RVdhF8g34zfq9-x3_GghCCHoKbgseMNo0ZkFWVIJUulnSa4J2uogCio6SRplenCKyYsUK2hrc-uJO86sAawFTAZsHzy73Mt8361XXVpti92V_bC92M34rfsOAS4XPjauQi5Yvr7uw47SDwH_Br8NXyRfno_gr-jw==

Ripped last night at level 93 :(

In retrospect, rolling animals on a shrine was a horrible decision. About 10 otherworldly devourers popped up and basically one shot me instantly. I'll still check in to this thread to answer questions or give tips if I can but there probably won't be more than maybe 1 more update in 1.3 to the OP - probably some final numbers and maybe a short writeup on how to run reflect maps.

This was my highest character ever (played since Onslaught) and I was still having a blast playing it and it is truly one of the best dps+tank builds I've ever played.

Edit - MaliceandMayhem, I'll try to look over your post tonight and give some feedback.
Last edited by Charger29 on Feb 10, 2015, 2:01:45 PM
is there anything I could use instead of vaal storm call? I don't really want to use vaal gems not really my playstyle
Last edited by GuyThatDies on Feb 10, 2015, 10:15:19 PM
"
is there anything I could use instead of vaal storm call? I don't really want to use vaal gems not really my playstyle

There are a lot of options you could do.

You could setup regular storm call. It is required to do Atziri for this build I believe so it should be good single target. The benefit of Vaal Storm Call is that you don't have to sit in one spot casting it - it's a cast and forget it thing. I could see Storm Call being annoying trying to use for fast bosses or something but other than that, it should be decent single target. Off the top of my head the links might be storm call, spell echo, faster casting, conc effect.

You could put manual curses, enduring cry, immortal call there.

You could try at least a 2 link with skelebrotem (spell totem - summon skeletons).

You could rearrange your CWDT setup some and have 2 - one high level with immortal call and a curse, enfeeble maybe. And one low level with enduring cry and maybe increased area or something.

You could put another low level CWDT there that is more utility - things like frost wall and curse or something.

Instead of Vaal Storm Call you can do Vaal Lightning trap in groups at least.
IGN: Strikeabearindaface
As promised, I finally got around to updating the guide to include how to run reflect maps safely and some tips for doing Atziri.

I will update this build for 1.4 when the time comes.
Hey how do I get the dex I need for the CoD?
"
Operation_ wrote:
Hey how do I get the dex I need for the CoD?

Actually, Arctic Armour requires the most dex at 95 so that is the minimum you need. I was lucky and got a good amulet with 65 and I had 14 on my gloves. With the 20 from the tree I had 99 dex, enough for CoD and Arctic Armour.

Luckily, you don't have to get that much dex on gear as in my tree we are right next to 2 +30 dex nodes. You can take those until/if you can work on getting some nice gear with dex.
After some more Atziri runs, I have found a better way to run her. I have updated the OP to reflect these changes. It makes the Atziri fight much safer/more reliable/easier to manage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info