[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

Probably a stupid question, but this build is HC viable i assume?
I really like the build, good work!

That said, I'm thinking if it is viable to combine this build with Whispering Ice. Icestorm is a better skill in general, and the build already have moderate amount of Int gain. I guess you'll lose out on the defense from the shield slot, but in return Icestorm helps to freeze enemies. And I would assume the skill tree won't even change a lot.

Would really like to see some feedback. =)
All the gears listed in the section could not be seen. Please fix it.

Thanks for the build, awesome.
"
Lanster27 wrote:
I really like the build, good work!

That said, I'm thinking if it is viable to combine this build with Whispering Ice.

Bad idea. You underestimate how much ES a shield provides.
Plus the best setup for Whispering (to gain more INT) is using 2xPerandus, Black Sun Crest, Astramentis and Perandus belt, which are not ES uniques.

Why use Doryani belt instead of CHain one with ES mod? That 0.2% leech is pathetic compared to regen that this build has, and there aren't any other good stats on it. Resists would be higher with rare belt.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 18, 2015, 7:29:06 AM
This is such a fun build!! im only up to 8k ES but I havent died since I respecced into this :> *knocks on wood*

I was wondering a few things, and im hoping some of you may have tried it or experimented with it already so you might kno the answer,

My first question is what would happen if you left out chaos innauculation on the passive tree, and used a 6L shav chest in lieu of it? would this greatly reduce the overall surivability factor?

The second, does the chaos innauculation node make activate all the passives on gear that say:
'% increased when on low life' ?

all feedback welcomed! thx guys

@Araycan

At a guess, two possibilities:
1. Dy'Ness forgot to switch back to the great ES belt that was used in 1.3, but which was put aside to test Ghost Reaver in 2.0.
2. Dy'Ness finds the fire damage% nice when running unchallenging content.

@mrjoey523

When you are Chaos Inoculated maxlife is set to 1, so you are always either:
a) at full life, or
b) dead.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Aug 18, 2015, 12:58:55 PM
thanks Epsilon! I appreciate the awesome feedback, that totally answered my question and I just looked further into it.

any thoughts on the 6L shav chest instead of it? probably not a great idea huh
"

Plus the best setup for Whispering (to gain more INT) is using 2xPerandus, Black Sun Crest, Astramentis and Perandus belt, which are not ES uniques.

u will benefit alot more from a rare helmet if your using an otherwise really expensive endgame setup (if its rolled well)
you lose almost no damage but gain a HUGE amount of more es =)
Greetings!

Thank you GGG! (Link is for the friends who were following my build, not to redirect you back to the news. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1398079)

I love this posting.
"
lolozori wrote:
Dy'Ness build is what everything wrong with the 2h armor+life vs es+ci debate.

His build is just trolling every dam other builds in pvp while he can just afk and do almost nothing.

Imagine if you could get vaal pact on regen when using armor while being afk and not attacking. that s pretty much what those CI builds are doing. GL getting 5k life regen as a melee armor life based.

If only GGG would look at balancing HLD and those kind of builds. Right now everyone is doing build like those or EA. I don t even play pvp anymore since only 2 builds are viable. super boring

Not only that but since big hit nullify armor, in pvp a melee 2h have no defense unless going to dodge(but BCR gem nullify dodge ) or buying super expensive kaom legacy for regen.

What was the purpose nerfing cyclone when things like this exist?Melee dps should get higher in hld because for now it s Rip RT melee pvp.

If only melee had es regen penetration possibility or nullify regens.

For pve however this build is clever.

My goal was to be able to just stand there and I have stopped playing the 1v1 matches, outside one or two when I get really drunk.

@sixer: It is HC viable, assuming you can survive to build it and once the regen gets flowing, you become noticeably more tanky. A few of my guild mates ran variations on it many times, long before I posted the build. Some of the feedback from HC actually made me stronger.

@Lanster27: I did pick up a 6 socket Whispering Ice just to mess around. I was unable to raise the damage high enough to kill quickly and the hit to my es and regen allowed for more builds to kill me in the Arena that night.

@XiaoXiaoZhu: It should be working and you are welcome.

@Araycan: I actually have a good chain belt that I used to use. I switched because I was running/testing ghost reaver and the extra damage became more useful than the extra tank. But, I will pull it out and take a look. Thank you for the reminder.

@mrjoey523: I used to run a Shavs for my armor until I upgraded. Dropping CI hurts mainly because of the loss of 31% ES which is behind it and being locked into a specific armor to counter. I tried it one night pre 2.0, attempting to use it as an extra layer. No Ghost Reaver so all regen goes into the es, all life leech to your health. Now that Mind Over Matter is in the area, it may be viable... I will have to give it another shot one of these nights.

@Pi2rEpsilon: Thanks for assisting with the feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

@iHaku: I may look into one. One of the biggest things has been getting the aura to lvl 26. I used to use an Alphas Howl but switched to my current. I never really thought about picking up a higher end ES helm to see how it balances out. Thank you.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on Aug 18, 2015, 10:27:25 PM
DyNess, could you explain to me why you chose to go with the fragile bloom jewel?

You have over 20% regen. Which means getting 2% regen but 10% increased damage taken is overall a loss of regen.

I mean it's pretty simple math, but let's say you're regening 20% of ES/second off regeneration. the values themselves don't matter much, they're arbitrary values.

a mob hits you for 7k damage. you're regening like, 3.5k ES a second. it takes you 2 seconds to regen it back. With fragile bloom, you're taking 7.7k damage instead, but regenerating at 3.85k ES a second (cause 22% regen is 10% more regen than 20%), which is still 2 seconds to regen. So nothing changed.

But you've lost a jewel socket, made your life leech 11% less effective and all other ways of regenerating ES 11% less effective as well. You also became more prone to "unlucky streaks" as I like to call them.

If you were way below the threshold of efficiency for fragile bloom (which is 20% regen) I could understand the choice somewhat, but you're not :o

EDIT: just bothered checking, you're actually at 18.3% regen. it's still a weird choice considering all you're losing for 0.2% effective regen.
Last edited by lunaticloser on Aug 19, 2015, 4:48:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info