[2.4] The Dy'Ness Tank

"
DyNess wrote:

@Pi2rEpsilon: Thanks for assisting with the feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

As always, my pleasure to help.

Oh, and if you haven't read the 2.0.2 patch notes, here's something to please you:

* The Energy From Within unique Jewel now transforms Life into Energy Shield at 100% of its value.

So instead of (2%+2%+3%)+(1%+1%+1%+3%) = 13%, you'll gain (4%+4%+6%)+(3%+3%+3%+6%)=29%, for 16% ES extra.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
How kill This build on Hall of Grandmaster?
Some optimization suggestions because I am in that mood, Dy'Ness. :)

You are currently using: this

This is slightly inefficient, as it can be changed to THIS.

So long as you find a jewel for the new slot that is worth more than 4% ES on the defensive aspect, and 3% cast speed + 8% elemental damage on the offensive, this will be better. And it is trivially easy to find such jewels - any ES%/useful_damage>12% will do for your build.

Also, if you are in need of even more ES% (yeah, right), the jewel slot just to the right of Combat Stamina is now worth a 17% with a 12% Energy From Within, since Combat Stamina provides +5%.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Aug 20, 2015, 7:16:38 AM
Greetings!

"
BatlllKirill wrote:

I honestly have no idea... I went afk for a couple smokes and then drank a beer watching myself fight myself + 2 others... literally. I have around 10-15 minutes of video of it... My friends suggested I bring popcorn to watch...
EDIT: From what I could tell, it was my submission from January. She appeared to gain endurance charges via CWDT and an old setup was procing from her CWDT.

Good News though... she has far less ES and less regen than I currently have... Her Fire Storm also deals a lot less damage...

@Pi2rEpsilon: I looked at the patch notes and was looking forward to the 15% es upgrade.

@lunaticloser: I choose the Fragile Bloom because it added to regen and 10% more damage taken means my CWDT trigger 10% faster. I have swapped it out, and yes, far more tanky. Although I am not sure where you derived your numbers. With the Fragile Bloom, I have 19.75%, without I have 17.75% regen. I attribute the extra tankyness to the "unlucky streaks". But seriously, when I am not running it, I take a lot less... but then again, my CWDT trigger alot less.

Update: I posted a few new videos and am wondering if I should post the 1.5 hours worth of the Hall Of Grand Masters run 1. I died once, because I stripped my tank trying to kill the guy. But I was unable to fully clear. I hit a roadblock on 3 of the halls, usually revolving around an Aegis or CI regen setup, go figure.

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on Aug 20, 2015, 7:44:12 AM
"
DyNess wrote:
Greetings!

"
BatlllKirill wrote:

I honestly have no idea... I went afk for a couple smokes and then drank a beer watching myself fight myself + 2 others... literally. I have around 10-15 minutes of video of it... My friends suggested I bring popcorn to watch...
EDIT: From what I could tell, it was my submission from January. She appeared to gain endurance charges via CWDT and an old setup was procing from her CWDT.

Good News though... she has far less ES and less regen than I currently have... Her Fire Storm also deals a lot less damage...

@Pi2rEpsilon: I looked at the patch notes and was looking forward to the 15% es upgrade.

@lunaticloser: I choose the Fragile Bloom because it added to regen and 10% more damage taken means my CWDT trigger 10% faster. I have swapped it out, and yes, far more tanky. Although I am not sure where you derived your numbers. With the Fragile Bloom, I have 19.75%, without I have 17.75% regen. I attribute the extra tankyness to the "unlucky streaks". But seriously, when I am not running it, I take a lot less... but then again, my CWDT trigger alot less.

Update: I posted a few new videos and am wondering if I should post the 1.5 hours worth of the Hall Of Grand Masters run 1. I died once, because I stripped my tank trying to kill the guy. But I was unable to fully clear. I hit a roadblock on 3 of the halls, usually revolving around an Aegis or CI regen setup, go figure.

~Dy'Ness

Im full clear Hell Of Gradmaster.Puncture + trap kill all CI build.
"
BatlllKirill wrote:

cast on crit wander should do the work, i got slained by a coc super fast on pvp using this build.
He was 97 vs 81 though.
Last edited by EzBreesy on Aug 20, 2015, 9:09:26 PM
I thick Cast when Stunned should be used instead.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I really like this build idea. I had an RF Marauder which made me think about doing this with life instead of ES, but I can see how ES is superior because the regene would be higher due to a larger pool. I don't have much currency, but I'll try this out, anyway. I'll report back later with how well this worked in standard and with cheap gear.
how do you have so much ES? i'm 700 ES points on gear short of you but when I do the math I wont have anywhere near as much with the same gear. sitting at 230% ES from skill tree

Your lvl 26 ES discipline gives 500 more ES over a lvl 20 correct?
ign: EisenInflection
Last edited by eisenpanserbjorn on Aug 24, 2015, 5:11:44 PM
Greetings!

"
how do you have so much ES? i'm 700 ES points on gear short of you but when I do the math I wont have anywhere near as much with the same gear. sitting at 230% ES from skill tree

Your lvl 26 ES discipline gives 500 more ES over a lvl 20 correct?

I cannot say about a lvl 20, but I can about a lvl 21.

Here are the following statistics for you.
Base: 17255
Lvl 21: 20238 (315)
Lvl 26: 20893 (384)

I honestly have no idea what my totals from the tree are right now, but from what I can tell, it appears Discipline acts like a piece of gear. It gets the full bonus from the tree and global item boosts. The number in () is what the tool tip says I gain...

And as far as cast on stun goes... maybe worth it while leveling up, but I found it to be less of a help in the Arena. It does not trigger on spell damage. And after reading over the Stun mechanic, there is a 50% stun avoidance (applied after stun is determined to be successful) for a character who has at least 1 ES remaining... I found it very hard to trigger that gem set...

"

Why use Doryani belt instead of CHain one with ES mod? That 0.2% leech is pathetic compared to regen that this build has, and there aren't any other good stats on it. Resists would be higher with rare belt.

It was to test the Ghost Reaver, which has been dropped again. It also provided STR, which was needed for that tree and damage.
Belt:

In addition, I have dropped the
... in favor of a +8% ES Jewel with other benefits and a slight rework of the tree. Without it, much more tanky, but unless I am fighting a boss or pvp, I miss the extra 10% causing my cwdt to trigger that much more often.

I owe an update to the first post. But have limited time before I fly out again. After I establish internet at my new home, I will update the first post.

But for now, here are the stats and tree...
ES: 20893
Regen: 3708.5

Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAW8GDgn2C2EMXw18EVAV1xcvGFYZLho-GmwbJRynHNwdFCL0JLAn7Sj6KS4spiy_L280CjW5N2Y3gzwtQ2NFnUlRSbFLrlNSU6VWY1cNV8lboFxrXz9mnmhlaHRo8mwLbRlwu3FNfA58S3y4f8aApIKbgseDX4RIhq6Leox2jxqPRo_6kNaTJ5Sgmjuaz5rgm6GdrqEvpuunCKcrp1WvbLQMtoa3MbiTvorBxcNtxBXEWMT2xq7K09R81abXz9hN2RPZW9lh2mLa3eL35CLpAuq66-7sGO0g7TzviPDV8azzm_ZI98H31_k3-ej60g==

~Dy'Ness
QBotU_DyNess - www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171890
Last edited by DyNess on Aug 25, 2015, 2:49:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info