Mechanics thread

By dormant, I meant it was not having any active effect. The word dormant does not usually, in my experience imply time is not passing for the thing in question, although I can see now that my statement could potentially be interpreted differently to how I intended.
The part where I said "All burns remain on an entity for their full duration" was meant to imply both that they can't be cut short by other burns, but also that they can't be extended - they're on their only for their duration.
For clarity*:
Burns, freezes and chills never "queue up". They are always ticking down their duration, but only the highest-intensity one has it's effect at any given time.

*Not the aura
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 13, 2012, 5:36:35 PM
"
Ladderjack wrote:
The intuitive interpetation of effects for chilling and freezing is that both happen and they count down concurrently or they queue. However, if that were the case, the Breath of Rime passive skill would be useless.
Freezing always involves chilling (because it involves dealing cold damage). Chilling is slightly longer than freezing - chill lasts for 138ms per 1% of maximum life dealt as cold damage, where freeze is 100ms per 1%.
As established in the other thread, these effects never queue. They are concurrent. Thus usually a target will unfreeze slightly before in unchills - this looks nicer and is more intuitive.

The "Breath of Rime" passive skill says enemies become chilled as they unfreeze - this means that they'll get their full chill duration from that cold damage _after_ the freeze ends. This is done by adding the freeze duration to the duration, so that when the freeze runs out, the chill still has a full regular chill duration left to go - effectively causing the chill and freeze to 'queue'.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 14, 2012, 6:39:38 PM
"
Ladderjack wrote:
First of all, I never had a problem with comprehension. More importantly, if I spoke to someone like this, I would expect them to be offended. If that was your intent, it was condescending, rude and unnecessary. I just got accused of getting shitty with other members of this forum. . .I wonder what would happen if that same scrutiny were to be applied to your posts here today.

well yes i was annoyed but i was honestly trying to help reexplain. that's all i can do when i know i have issues with how i say things. repeating self but in a different way is one of the methods to curing a confusion of complication. and i still failed ^^;
i'm sorry.
"
maxyohax wrote:
mechanics question:

how does max hp regen interact with flasks

(passive tree talent trolls blood =1.5% per sec)
(certain items have the restores x hp every 60 seconds)

and flasks add A hp over B seconds...

do they all stack? or are certain effects suppressed for the duration of say a flask?

they all stack, with flasks ending when your hp reached 100% and the others starting whenever not 100% but constantly listed.
item mods of X per minute, is literally that. divide the X by 60 to get the per second, which is correctly listed in the status window.
if you want to test flask effects, have the status window open while in combat then use the desired flask, you will gain amount divided by time = healing per second as extra onto your normal/other regen.
Ty for the quick response soul4hdwn!
"
Malice wrote:
Item level needed for number of sockets (research ongoing)
1 socket : 1
2 sockets: 1
3 sockets: 15
4 sockets: 28
5 sockets: 35
6 sockets: 50 (lowest seen so far)

Unavailable
from 0.10.0 patch notes: "Fixed a bug where you could add Piety to your friends list." xD
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
ubix wrote:
"
Malice wrote:
Item level needed for number of sockets (research ongoing)
1 socket : 1
2 sockets: 1
3 sockets: 15
4 sockets: 28
5 sockets: 35
6 sockets: 50 (lowest seen so far)

Unavailable

You linked a level 18 item, but whats the ITEM LEVEL, type /itemlevel
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
MrDDT wrote:
You linked a level 18 item, but whats the ITEM LEVEL, type /itemlevel

61 oO
from 0.10.0 patch notes: "Fixed a bug where you could add Piety to your friends list." xD
Thats one thing thats really different in POE from games I formerly knew: the base type of any item did not matter for the amount of sockets it can get, only the monster/area which dropped it. (remember in D2, where you had to found a 'Monarch' as lowest generic shield type that could get 4 sockets for the popular runeword you could use right from level 25? ^^) will never happen in POE, not only for the fact of 'missing' runewords :D
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
So does chance to <status effect> stack additively with chance to crit, or does it only apply to non-crits?
chance for status effect happen on all hits including crits, even though crits are 100% status effect. so math-wise, if i also remember the past multiple questions of this: stacks multiplicatively not additively.
chance for a * inverted chance for b [written as 1- raw # of b] plus chance b = total chance for making the status effect of freeze burn or shock.
chance a and b can swap and both can be either status proc or crit chance, same result if using the above equation setup.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Dec 7, 2012, 3:08:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info