Mechanics thread

Hi, on the Mod Webpage there are listed:
* Evasion Mods:
* Base Evasion Rating
* Evasion Rating +%
* Local Base Evasion Rating
I wonder what the difference of "Base Evasion Rating" and "Local Base Evasion Rating" is?

And what is there text on an item?

Or there are:
* Ele.dmg Mods:
* Local Minimum Added Cold Damage
* Local Maximum Added Cold Damage
* Local Minimum Added Fire Damage
* Local Maximum Added Fire Damage
* Local Minimum Added Lightning Damage
* Local Maximum Added Lightning Damage

but although:
* Damage Mods:
* Base Minimum Added Cold Damage
* Base Maximum Added Cold Damage
* Base Minimum Added Fire Damage
* Base Maximum Added Fire Damage
* Base Minimum Added Lightning Damage
* Base Maximum Added Lightning Damage
* Base Minimum Added Physical Damage
* Base Maximum Added Physical Damage
* Local Minimum Added Physical Damage
* Local Maximum Added Physical Damage

They look so much the same to me, so how do they differ? And how are they displayed on items?
Last edited by SpeedProg on May 19, 2012, 11:24:45 AM
Something that's not explained in the OP, how do Burn Damage passives stack with other damage passives? multiplicitavely or additively?

i.e. I have:
+100% Fire Damage
+50% Burn Damage

I have 50 base fire damage and proc ignite. Does my burn damage deal:

50 * (1 + 100% + 50%) * 4/3 = 167 damage over 4 seconds

or

( 50 * (1 + 100%) ) * (1 + 50%) * 4/3 = 200 damage over 4 seconds
"
Strill wrote:

This

@SpeedProg
Local modifiers only affect the item they appear on, for instance the Vicious mod:

Local Physical Damage +% 90 to 109

When appearing on a sword will only affect the damage on that sword. It won't affect the damage on an off-hand weapon when dual-wielding, and won't increase physical damage granted from other items like rings.

Another example:
a) Local Minimum Added Lightning Damage
b) Base Minimum Added Lightning Damage

a will usually be found on weapons, and only add damage when using that weapon.
b might show up on amulets and so on, and add damage to all your attacks.

"
Strill wrote:

Furthermore fire ressitance is applicated twice :
-one time for fire damage
-one time for burn damage
"
SpeedProg wrote:

I wonder what the difference of "Base Evasion Rating" and "Local Base Evasion Rating" is?

They look so much the same to me, so how do they differ? And how are they displayed on items?

I'm not sure why it's called base instead of global, I think it was explained to me once, but I either didn't understand it or didn't agree with it.

I think the best description I can give is:

Local mod is one that generally appears on the weapon or armor piece with the exception of stuff like: increased fire/cold/lightning damage, increased weapon elemental damage, increased cast speed.
ex. — increased/added defense (on armor/shield)
— increased/added physical damage (on a weapon)
— added cold/fire/lightning damage (on a weapon)
— increased critical damage (on a weapon) (this is new, used to be base)

If it appears on a ring, amulet, or belt (or in the case of uniques items that don't normally have a certain mod, like armor on a weapon, or damage on armor) then it's a base mod.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
"
Xapti wrote:
"
SpeedProg wrote:

I'm not sure why it's called base instead of global, I think it was explained to me once, but I either didn't understand it or didn't agree with it.
Global added damage is also applied to spells (that's what support gems have). Base added damage is only added to attacks. I don't know why it's called that, it predates me.
Wow! This is extremely helpful. Thank you for posting that :)
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Man this game looks so awesome, can't wait till i get a beta key. Looks much better than D3 or Torchlight.
"
Ageowri wrote:
Man this game looks so awesome, can't wait till i get a beta key. Looks much better than D3 or Torchlight.

I would say that D3 is a lot more polished, at least when it comes to graphics.

The passive system is really interesting in this game, IMO. Especially since it makes classes obsolete (I wish they would do the same with levels). But it's also something that will be extremely time consuming, figuring out all the options and paths...

All in all, I think it would be wrong to compare D3 to PoE, even though they are in the same genre. They are completely different games.
Last edited by ArcticTurtle on May 22, 2012, 3:46:47 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
morillo wrote:
tempest shield+necromantic aegis, will my summons get this skills effect ? if no then why ?
No, because the skill specifically affects the caster.

I know this question has allready been answered by several people, but something still bugs me. The quoted post points out what, because the spelldescription doesn't say it effects the caster at all, it says 'the shield is inchanted ...' I would thus think the bonus is "sticked on" the shield and would thus be transfered by necromantic aegis. If this is indeed not the case, the spell description is ambiguous in the least.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info