Mechanics thread

I want to verify how modifier stacking works with evasion and iron reflexes.

Let's say I have:
  • 1000 base evasion
  • 1000 base armor
  • 250 dexterity
  • +50% evasion from passives
  • +50% armor from passives

Somewhat realistic endgame figures, but hopefully easy to work with, as far as calculations go.

Then if I understand correctly, I have a 50% evasion bonus from dexterity, so I get (1000)(1+.5+.5) = 2000 evasion, which gets converted into armor. 1000 armor is added from items directly, for a total of 3000.

Then, the 50% armor bonus is applied to my 3000 armor, and I have a total of 4500 armor.

Is this correct?

Thanks!
Last edited by Silty on May 13, 2012, 1:10:05 PM
No, it doesn't work like this :

1) Iron Reflexe Conversion

Base Evasion*(1+%Evasion+%Dex+%Armor)
1000*(1+0,5+0,5+0,5)=2500

2) Natural Armor
Base Armor*(1+%Armor)
1000*(1+0,5)=1500

3)Final Armor
2500+1500=4000
"
Malice wrote:

This sword has 1 strength socket, 1 intelligence socket, and 2 dexterity sockets. Every socket is linked to every other socket. In this sword you could put:
  • 4 skill gems. You would get access to 4 active skills.
  • 3 skill gems and one support gem. You would get access to 3 active skills, and all three would be improved by the support gem.

Wait. If, on this weapon, I label the sockets this way:
1 (red socket) - 2 (blue socket)
3 (bottom-left green socket) - 4 (bottom-right green socket)

If I place a support skill on socket 3, do skills on socket 1 get this support skill too?
I thought it was only the sockets adjacent to a support skill that would benefit from it...
Last edited by Rhalph on May 15, 2012, 6:29:20 AM
Every linked socket gets the support effect, as I understand.
IGN: Kosiciel
Yeah but sockets with direct links or with indirect links too?
"
Rhalph wrote:
If I place a support skill on socket 3, do skills on socket 1 get this support skill too?

Yes

"
Rhalph wrote:
I thought it was only the sockets adjacent to a support skill that would benefit from it...

No, think of them as groups. Anything in a group will affect anything else in the same group.
Oooooh but that changes everything O_O

So a 4-slots helm is as useful with 3 links than with 4 links? That's great ^^
"
Rhalph wrote:
Oooooh but that changes everything O_O

So a 4-slots helm is as useful with 3 links than with 4 links? That's great ^^

You will never find a 4-slot helm with 4 links. 3 Links is the maximum, and means that all the sockets are linked together.
I don't even want to count the number of orbs of fusing I wasted due to my ignorance :D

Maybe you should edit your post to make it more clear, I know I wasn't the only one to misanderstand that :)
"
Rhalph wrote:
I don't even want to count the number of orbs of fusing I wasted due to my ignorance :D

Maybe you should edit your post to make it more clear, I know I wasn't the only one to misanderstand that :)

"
3 skill gems and one support gem. You would get access to 3 active skills, and all three would be improved by the support gem.

I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer than that. What wording would you suggest?

@GGG, any chance of getting the diminishing returns formula for item rarity/quantity?
Last edited by Malice on May 15, 2012, 7:07:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info