Mechanics thread

it means everything done by that weapon is halved in damage for attacks.
"
iMbaQ wrote:
Can someone clarify the mod on Quill Rain bow?

"50% less weapon damage"

What would this effect exactly?

How is elemental hit/poison arrows interaction with this?

How is Anger/Wrath aura's working with this? What if I use inner force?

How are flat elemental damage effected?

How is +elemental weapon damage/elemental damage calculated?

Will every support gem generally be half as effective due to this mod?

Many thanks.

The final calculated physical damage will be multiplied by 0.5. Same goes for each elemental damage and chaos damage, if you have any.
IGN: ZapMcZapper
Would really appreciate it if someone can answer this.

Are unique mods bound by their ilvl?

For example, will an ilvl66 and ilvl 77 lioneye's glare be able to row the same range of mods with divine orbs? I understand how divine orbs work with rares and their mod tiers, but as far as I know there are no specified mod tiers for uniques?

Thanks alot!
"
dholdy wrote:
Would really appreciate it if someone can answer this.

Are unique mods bound by their ilvl?

For example, will an ilvl66 and ilvl 77 lioneye's glare be able to row the same range of mods with divine orbs? I understand how divine orbs work with rares and their mod tiers, but as far as I know there are no specified mod tiers for uniques?

Thanks alot!

The only thing that change with ilvl on uniques is the number of sockets available. Mods on them always have the same range of value.
"
Flexn wrote:
"
iMbaQ wrote:
Can someone clarify the mod on Quill Rain bow?

"50% less weapon damage"

What would this effect exactly?

How is elemental hit/poison arrows interaction with this?

How is Anger/Wrath aura's working with this? What if I use inner force?

How are flat elemental damage effected?

How is +elemental weapon damage/elemental damage calculated?

Will every support gem generally be half as effective due to this mod?

Many thanks.

The final calculated physical damage will be multiplied by 0.5. Same goes for each elemental damage and chaos damage, if you have any.
This, with currently two exceptions: Explosive Arrow and Poison Arrow's secondary effects (i.e. the explosion and poison cloud) aren't considered Weapon Damage and are therefore not reduced.
Do multiple Reduced Mana Cost support gems stack? In other words will having two reduced mana cost gems (of same quality and level) linked give one or both instances of mana reduction?

I would like to know if this sample calculation is correct, if the reduced mana cost gems can stack:

100 mana spell +10% decreased mana cost from passive and two reduced mana gems (level 1)

From passives 100*(1-0.1)= 90 mana
From gems 90*(0.9)^2 = 72.9 mana

is this correct assuming that mana reduction gems stack. If not then dont bother.
IGN SC Tal: Righteous_Will
Last edited by osvg on Feb 11, 2013, 9:06:53 PM
cannot use multiple of same support gems.
Hello there.

I'm planning a Righteous Fire + Pain Attunement build right now, and I have some questions for you to answer, please!
1) If I have 65% of my life reserved via Blood Magic Auras, will it count as I am on low life constantly?
2) If I have 65% of my life reserved via Blood Magic Auras, will be Righteous Fire damage (based on maximum life) reduced?

Sorry for bad English as always.
Best wishes.
Hateful post.
"
Kaskar wrote:
Hello there.

I'm planning a Righteous Fire + Pain Attunement build right now, and I have some questions for you to answer, please!
1) If I have 65% of my life reserved via Blood Magic Auras, will it count as I am on low life constantly?
2) If I have 65% of my life reserved via Blood Magic Auras, will be Righteous Fire damage (based on maximum life) reduced?

Sorry for bad English as always.
Best wishes.

No to both answers. Max life is total life, before any life is reserved.
IGN: Jintoboy
Found it myself. Quoted March'12, if it haven't been changed, it is right.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Lachdanan wrote:
What about the "when on low life"-mods ?
When you reserve more than 65% of your health, do they count as activated ?
Yes. If more than 65% of your life is reserved, then your current life value is always less than 35% or your maximum life, which means you're on low life.
Hateful post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info