Who I their right mind would take %ignite duration and why is it on the tree?

"
Millacus wrote:
"
battled wrote:
>ITT people claiming wikipedia articles as facts.
This truly is the year of sheep.

As opposed to following your "basic" mechanical concepts as fact. I didn't have to look up on wiki to know you were incorrect on this calculation. Sorry you had a fail forum discussion :(

And how would you, of all people, know the correct way it functions? All DOT effects like ignite/puncture/viper strike take the damage number and spread it out as dot over duration. Easy way to test it is to take a puncture and check how much total damage it does to hillock with reduced duration and increased duration. Spoiler alert: damage will be the same in the end. Reduced duration can actually be a pretty nice support for puncture as it makes the dot deal it's set damage faster.
IGN: Smegacore
"
battled wrote:
"
Millacus wrote:
"
battled wrote:

As opposed to following your "basic" mechanical concepts as fact. I didn't have to look up on wiki to know you were incorrect on this calculation. Sorry you had a fail forum discussion :(

And how would you, of all people, know the correct way it functions? All DOT effects like ignite/puncture/viper strike take the damage number and spread it out as dot over duration. Easy way to test it is to take a puncture and check how much total damage it does to hillock with reduced duration and increased duration. Spoiler alert: damage will be the same in the end. Reduced duration can actually be a pretty nice support for puncture as it makes the dot deal it's set damage faster.

Do you have any proof? Mathematics? GGG staff? Video?
If you ask a stupid question, expect stupid answers.
If you post a troll thread, expect troll replies.
ITT: People got nothing better to do than math.

Go to school if you wanna do math. Otherwise, i suggest you lace up your boots and stand your post, either way, i dont GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK YOU ARE ENTITLED TO!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo
"
battled wrote:
"
Millacus wrote:
"
battled wrote:

Alright, I'm not gonna believe the wiki and my own experience with flameblast, I'm just gonna believe a random guy who apparently can't read for shit.

yep

edit: OK I just noticed your guild name, im out.
Old april 2012 account got stolen
Last edited by Freeslana on Jan 6, 2015, 6:25:57 PM
"
battled wrote:

"You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.". - Raylan Givens

"
battled wrote:
"
Millacus wrote:
"
battled wrote:

PUNCTURE IS A DEGEN. -_-
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on Jan 6, 2015, 6:26:46 PM
"
Freeslana wrote:
"
battled wrote:
"
Millacus wrote:

Alright, I'm not gonna believe the wiki and my own experience with flameblast, I'm just gonna believe a random guy who apparently can't read for shit.

yep

OP needs to read my post (2 above this one)

Everyone else in this thread should refer to my sig. :)
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
"
battled wrote:

And how would you, of all people, know the correct way it functions?

Huh, didn't know you knew me to be able to conclude that I of all people wouldn't know this. Anyways, I could say the same of you. The general consensus thus far seems to be agreeing with me. I have a flameblast proliferator, I don't bother with the nodes, stuff usually dies way before expiration and if not, a new flame blast would just reinitiate the duration.
"
Millacus wrote:
"
battled wrote:

And how would you, of all people, know the correct way it functions?

Huh, didn't know you knew me to be able to conclude that I of all people wouldn't know this. Anyways, I could say the same of you. The general consensus thus far seems to be agreeing with me. I have a flameblast proliferator, I don't bother with the nodes, stuff usually dies way before expiration and if not, a new flame blast would just reinitiate the duration.

And thats why you dont need it on all skills and builds but its nice to have regardless as it doesnt even change the actual initial fire damage.

Spoiler
So why are you fighting online again and not meeting up IRL to dig it out for real?
"

Spoiler
So why are you fighting online again and not meeting up IRL to dig it out for real?

I enjoy the safety behind my comp screen. Haha I'm kidding, good point tho.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info