Who I their right mind would take %ignite duration and why is it on the tree?

"
battled wrote:
>ITT people that don't know the "basic" mechanics of poe.

Yeah, that'd be you :) It's not how it works.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
battled wrote:
Let me explain.
If you have 0% duration for ignite you will deal 80% of hit's damage over 4 seconds
That's 20% damage per second.
If you have 40% duration you now still deal 80% damage but now over 5.6 seconds.
That's 14% damage per second.

Why would you get this?

U wot m8?

Please read
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
"
battled wrote:
Let me explain.
If you have 0% duration for ignite you will deal 80% of hit's damage over 4 seconds
If you have 40% duration you now still deal 80% damage but now over 5.6 seconds.

Why would you get this?

First of all, its not zero duration at base and secondly the longer the duration the longer the damage is being applied, reducing things like regen for example. Thats why people never understood poison damage in D2.
"
I take it all the damn time, why wouldnt i? Not everyone is dps whoring, i know i dont, i go for whats there, not for whats the highest number. I would take a "cant crit, poop on hit" node if it was there.

"Can't crit, shit on hit" sounds cooler!

Yay profanity saves the day!
"
Increasing the duration of the Ignite, either via Temporal Chains or the % increased Ignite duration modifier, causes the ignite to deal the same damage per second over a greater period of time.
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
"
battled wrote:
Let me explain.

Why would you get this?

That's not the way ignite works. You think it's the same total damage spread out over a longer period of time. That's incorrect. The way it works is increasing burn duration does the same damage PER SECOND over a longer period of time, meaning the total damage is increased for every second added. That's why people take burn duration.
My name is Statik and I'm an Altaholic. I need to make new builds. Just for try for see and for know.
Flamesurge.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
>ITT people claiming wikipedia articles as facts.
This truly is the year of sheep.
IGN: Smegacore
Last edited by battled on Jan 6, 2015, 5:33:37 PM
>ITT OP compaining because he didn't get the answers he wanted
If you ask a stupid question, expect stupid answers.
If you post a troll thread, expect troll replies.
"
battled wrote:
>ITT people claiming wikipedia articles as facts.
This truly is the year of sheep.

As opposed to following your "basic" mechanical concepts as fact. I didn't have to look up on wiki to know you were incorrect on this calculation. Sorry you had a fail forum discussion :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info