Who I their right mind would take %ignite duration and why is it on the tree?

For any noobs reading thread: ignite duration never lowers or raises dps, just extends dps. It is great when using prolif.
Another factor if you're using a burn that's not quite as extreme as flameblast, is that increased duration increases the maximum monster life that you're capable of igniting. It can be very helpful for non-flameblast, non-crit burn builds.

Edit: apparently I was wrong!
Last edited by LeftyLucy on Jan 7, 2015, 4:32:43 PM
"
LeftyLucy wrote:
Another factor if you're using a burn that's not quite as extreme as flameblast, is that increased duration increases the maximum monster life that you're capable of igniting. It can be very helpful for non-flameblast, non-crit burn builds.

Ignite does not work like Chill/Shock/Freeze, it will Ignite for 20% of the fire damage per second for 4s regardless of how much damage is dealt*

OP you do understand that the PoE Wiki is not Wikipedia - it is maintained by moderators who datamine the ggpk file for information like this. I've yet to come across any information on the mechanics in the PoE Wiki that is incorrect.

* Perhaps you need to deal 5 fire damage to get your minimum of 1 damage per second, but yeah
"
SorakPoE wrote:
"
LeftyLucy wrote:

Ignite does not work like Chill/Shock/Freeze, it will Ignite for 20% of the fire damage per second for 4s regardless of how much damage is dealt*

OP you do understand that the PoE Wiki is not Wikipedia - it is maintained by moderators who datamine the ggpk file for information like this. I've yet to come across any information on the mechanics in the PoE Wiki that is incorrect.

* Perhaps you need to deal 5 fire damage to get your minimum of 1 damage per second, but yeah

Thanks for the info.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info