[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

I've been using spell totem with frost wall ever since I started playing KB, all the way to level 91. I'm a lazy player and even keeping up frenzy charges most of the time is a hassle for me. But last night I decided to take spell totem out and try frost wall just linked to faster casting, and I gotta admit I find it much much better standalone compared to spell totem. For one the range is on it is huge compared to spell totem, and it just feels cleaner.

So now that I've got a free slot I started using Ice Golem again, even though the little bugger dies too easy.

Tonight I'm gonna try just run frost wall by itself without faster casting, and see if that's manageable.
"
giftednz wrote:
I've been using spell totem with frost wall ever since I started playing KB, all the way to level 91. I'm a lazy player and even keeping up frenzy charges most of the time is a hassle for me. But last night I decided to take spell totem out and try frost wall just linked to faster casting, and I gotta admit I find it much much better standalone compared to spell totem. For one the range is on it is huge compared to spell totem, and it just feels cleaner.

So now that I've got a free slot I started using Ice Golem again, even though the little bugger dies too easy.

Tonight I'm gonna try just run frost wall by itself without faster casting, and see if that's manageable.

I've been considering self cast frost wall - more control over placement, and it should last better now it's high level. Not really struggling for links atm, but if I freed up some more I could give my pet ice golem some supports.

I've also respecced into the pierce nodes and taken out the pierce gem for slower projectiles. Possibly a bit worse against big packs, but still clears decently, and is better for big targets. Having some pierce rather than lots seems to make the frost wall interaction better.
Main issue for me is still mana though. I guess I could use mana leech instead of slower projectiles, but I hate doing that. Or just use a big mana pot
I've been playing with Blood Magic as 5th link and I love it. I have enough regen and leech (and I don't even have that much) to be able to spam KB and not worry about mana all the time.

Haven't switched to BM for all my skills yet as I am still testing a bit (frost wall, decoy totem, self cast enduring cry) so once I get some upgrades for a few chaos each I will 4L them and decide on final links. My biggest problem by far still is single target damage.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I've been playing with Blood Magic as 5th link and I love it. I have enough regen and leech (and I don't even have that much) to be able to spam KB and not worry about mana all the time.

Haven't switched to BM for all my skills yet as I am still testing a bit (frost wall, decoy totem, self cast enduring cry) so once I get some upgrades for a few chaos each I will 4L them and decide on final links. My biggest problem by far still is single target damage.

BM isn't an option for me as I corrupted my 6l (well guess I could vorici it, but horribly expensive). I have got a white socket, but I only have one blue link so need for KB and PCOC.

I think the main problem with the build is that it clears packs so quick, single target feels really slow - but it isn't objectively that bad really!
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
"
millzzz wrote:
So i've leveled this to level 62, and I have to say.. where is the single target? Yeah shotgun is insane but 90% of the time that's not an option. I've tried the frost wall method and it seems to just go straight through the wall so I don't get any shotgun. I fear for maps with this character because I rely on someone else to single target for me.. I absolutely destroy crowds but again, useless against bosses or uniques.

Are you using pierce?
If so then I believe pierce will cause your projectiles to pass through your frost wall. I agree that this build is not ideal for single target... especially bosses and elites. Using frost wall definitely helps this and I am also trying out decoy totem. When placing the decoy totem near a wall you can hammer the mob. If you can tank it just hug a wall, turn your back to the mob and spam the wall with kinetic blasts. Ofcourse there is also frenzy for ST, if you spam frenzy to keep up frenzy charges and throw in a KB while hitting the boss to keep your power charges up as well you do ok damage (crit damage gem linked to frenzy).

I have also picked up a quality PcOC gem and recommend it to people trying this build. With my 10.16% crit chance wand a 20% quality PcOC gem will give you just over 2% flat crit chance on a gem that is already mandatory in this build. I have now completed the full wand cluster in the north east corner of the tree and with 4 power charges I'm up to 70% crit chance. Next I'll be aiming for more life nodes and extra power charge node. With such high crit chance I'm starting to think that crit damage multiplier will be the best DPS boost.

If anyone is interested in my blood magic iron reflexes duelist kinetic blaster... this is my tree atm:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAx4FLQW1BiMJoA2NDkgRlhSwFewWvx9BIWAj0yP2JP0mlSmlKgswfDY9P3NDMUSeR35Kmkz_TZJOKlFHU7tVS1uvXfJh4mKsZU1sjGznbWxvJ3BScNVzcHTtdPF1y3rvf8aCHoTZh3aIQonTivCMNo19jX6Nv5phmmqbLZ2qn4iiBKOKsKu1SLe2uR29Nr6nv9XBxcJzxILOcNrB51TndOjW6mLuDvPq9uf67_xk_MX_3g==?accountName=JohnnyV76&characterName=Rennende_Rukker

Hey I didn't mean to come off butthurt in that first post, after reading it again later I feel I came off a little insulting to the build. I just switched last night to a 5L at 67 and added pcoc to the links as well as swapping pierce for chain. Good GOD the difference, and now I can see the benefit of frost wall shotgunning as well on a single target. I take it back!! Lol. I also saw someone suggested barrage i'll give that a shot as well in place of frenzy.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

Someone is getting close
Is there a proper leveling guide for this build ?
OP only shows lvl 90 tree, i dont know to how to progress at certain stages.
Also, do i need that many life and eva nodes in softocre at all ?
"
RagnarokX wrote:
Is there a proper leveling guide for this build ?
OP only shows lvl 90 tree, i dont know to how to progress at certain stages.
Also, do i need that many life and eva nodes in softocre at all ?
He provides an image showing the importance of the nodes, sorta just points out what to take late game and what's optional.

So guys, now that i'm seeing cwdt + enduring doesn't work i'm stuck on what my endgame chest should be, i'm really thinking belly of the beast but idk. What is everyone running?
I'm using a high armour + evasion chest because I'm using iron reflexes so that chest gives me almost 2k armour. Probably it's best to get a daresso's defiance if you want to get easy endurance charges and put CDWT-IC setup.

My funny project, the Blood Magic Iron Reflexes Duelist Kinetic Blaster is still going strong. Level 81 in Tempest at the moment so I guess I can say it's fairly viable. I really like the armour over evasion a lot and I just feel alot beefier now. Since mobs are hitting harder running evasion feels a bit like an unlucky lottery of receiving a big crit.

I have bought upgrades for all slots and switched from a 160DPS wand to a 180DPS one. I have now also switched to Blood Magic for all my skills which allows me to run Hatred + HoI + Arctic Armor. Running maps solo is easy and I enjoy not having to worry about mana A LOT!!
Most of the time I can just spam KB without worries. Single target is not great but BM-Frenzy-FA-Crit Damage still does ok damage. It will not 1 or 2 shot yellow mobs but since I have a 1.5 APS wand I can hammer mobs fast with frenzy. Maybe I will make a build thread in the duelist forum section just so people know this is doable as duelist.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Daresso's is a good choice. It synergises with acrobatics well - I used it even before the enduring cry changes.

I sold some gear off my old split arrow ranger and respecced her into KB - the ranger start is slightly better and she had a couple more levels (Though had also taken oak reward in cruel, which probably isn't optimal). Is good - got a decent amount of life and more attack speed for slightly less damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info