[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

"
Jajin wrote:
"
millzzz wrote:
So i've leveled this to level 62, and I have to say.. where is the single target? Yeah shotgun is insane but 90% of the time that's not an option. I've tried the frost wall method and it seems to just go straight through the wall so I don't get any shotgun. I fear for maps with this character because I rely on someone else to single target for me.. I absolutely destroy crowds but again, useless against bosses or uniques.

I'am using Barage - faster attacks - increased critical dmg - physical projectile attack dmg for single targets and its quite ok.

I will be also trying Barrage - cast on crit - ethereal knives - increased critical dmg, so i will tell you later how this combo is doing for single target.

I must say that using Barrage - cast on crit - ethereal knives - increased critical dmg is really powerfull for single targets.
But the best way of killing rares and uniqeus is getting them near the wall and melt them down with KB.
I´am only lvl 79, but this build is steamrolling maps like nothing else.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I'm using a high armour + evasion chest because I'm using iron reflexes so that chest gives me almost 2k armour. Probably it's best to get a daresso's defiance if you want to get easy endurance charges and put CDWT-IC setup.

My funny project, the Blood Magic Iron Reflexes Duelist Kinetic Blaster is still going strong. Level 81 in Tempest at the moment so I guess I can say it's fairly viable. I really like the armour over evasion a lot and I just feel alot beefier now. Since mobs are hitting harder running evasion feels a bit like an unlucky lottery of receiving a big crit.

I have bought upgrades for all slots and switched from a 160DPS wand to a 180DPS one. I have now also switched to Blood Magic for all my skills which allows me to run Hatred + HoI + Arctic Armor. Running maps solo is easy and I enjoy not having to worry about mana A LOT!!
Most of the time I can just spam KB without worries. Single target is not great but BM-Frenzy-FA-Crit Damage still does ok damage. It will not 1 or 2 shot yellow mobs but since I have a 1.5 APS wand I can hammer mobs fast with frenzy. Maybe I will make a build thread in the duelist forum section just so people know this is doable as duelist.

Last night I just picked up a 214pdps wand for 30c (8% crit chance off my old 10% crit chance but who cares I went from 1.2 aps to 1.51!!) and I am absolutely demolishing maps. Here's the gear i'm currently rolling with at level 80. This build is SO SICK!! I ended up using frenzy - culling - faster attacks - phys proj. Currently leveling a 12% frenzy I found last night so that should lead to a decent dps boost as well once that's switched out. I'm actually having trouble finding upgrades now.. which i've never been able to say before in this game haha. Feels great. I love this build!!

Last edited by millzzz on Aug 26, 2015, 2:25:05 PM
I currently level 91, and I recently upgraded to a 220 pdps wand and i can tear through any map as long as it doesn't have physical reflect. I was luckily able to 6L a daressos.

A few things to note. I can almost get by w/o the 3 mana leech nodes. I might need to get another piece of gear with a bit of leech and I should be fine. This will save 3 points.

I have no problems with DPS atm. I have ~18k KB with charges and ~33k frenzy. My only worry at this point is getting 1 shot by some type of physical damage. I have 5.3k hp atm, with melding I should be able to hit 5.5K easily. I would ideally like to hit 6k but I don't really think it is possible unless i really upgrade my rings or ammy.

I really love the build and plan to take my character to 100.

Last edited by Soowho on Aug 27, 2015, 3:14:07 PM
Does some of you have try to run with 3 aura (+hoa) ?

It is working fine ? (enlighten 4) i mean with manaleech no instant?
Last edited by nicquehen on Aug 31, 2015, 1:30:55 PM
legit question: why do people not like to link WED with KB?

here's my gear with 5L KB-WED-GMP-FA-PCOC

if i had a 6L daresso's, i'd just put Life Leech in the last slot. right now, with 5L, if i were to encounter phys/ele reflect maps, i just swap my WED for LL. absolutely zero problems with pretty much any map mod. i even tried a blood magic map and cleared it without problem, just turn off auras... lol

with full charges and ice golem, tooltip dps shows 31,271.8 dps

if anyone could point out holes in my build or why running KB-PCOC-pierce-FA-GMP-PPAD/Slower Projectiles/Pierce/Chain or BBGGGG slots over (BBGGRR) mine, i'd genuinely like to know.

cheers :)
Last edited by Cyanidee on Aug 31, 2015, 6:06:30 PM
@Cyanidee:

I find pierce increases clear speed. You'll set off way more explosions when firing into a large pack.

As for WED vs PPAD: WED drains mana a lot faster (due to higher multiplier and no reduction in attack speed). This isn't a problem except in -60% regen maps and when you get 6L. As you mentioned, the pro to using WED is you can swap for life leech for reflect maps.
RIP at level 85. There goes my 6L that I only had for one day :( damn lightning thorns. I couldn't stop it.
Think I have hit my gearing wall now, any upgrade is likely to be too minor be much difference or way out of my price range, unless anyone has any good suggestions?
Current Gear

I could switch out Atziri's step for a good rare, then could use more offensive jewellery, but don't really want too.
I guess the easiest upgrade for damage and survivability would be to get a taste of hate - feels wrong to spend so much on a flask though! Is anyone else using one?
Quick update - unsurprisingly Taste of Hate did help my dps a bit.
I assume it helps on my survivability too but only ran a few easy maps, where wasn't really an issue, and an insane reflect/-res/ele damage malformation map (Abou 150%IIQ, 60% IIR) that tore me a new one, and I don't think anything would have helped!
Got it for 9ex which wasn't so bad. At the moment am running it as well as atziris promise, which meant ditching my quicksilver which was painful. Might drop the atziri except for when I know I need chaos res or asm much dps as possible.
What would be the best red gem to go in a 5L6S Daresso's? I only ask because my luck sucks and I haven't been able to get the correct colors after over 600 chroms. I believe I read earlier on life leech for reflect maps but how about for anything else? I'm guessing added fire or WED in place of pierce maybe. Shame because I like having pierce linked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info