[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

Haha alright I died, was in my last map until level 90, was going to take a break from the character after that map. This always happens to me :D
All good though, the death was my fault, was just a bit too cocky and wasn't paying attention.

I'll add all this to the main topic, but here's my 2.0 write up:

http://i.imgur.com/jIJ9VYx.jpg - Died to this rare golem.
Added cold damage, powerful crits, added fire damage from map.
I was up close shotgunning him not really thinking and he crit me with his melee attack, was one shot because of the mods. I wasn't in shocked ground. Completely my fault.

Gear

Really pleased with my gear. Only thing I could upgrade was a 6L and 20/20 gems really. A better wand would be nice but I don't wanna pay 6ex+ for a slightly higher wand.

DPS Screenshots
31k Frenzy Single Target - Frenzy + Faster Attacks + PPAD + Crit DMG.
14k Kinetic Blast 5L - KB + GMP + PCOC + Faster Attacks + Pierce
18k Kinetic Blast 5L - KB + GMP + PCOC + Faster Attacks + Slower Proj
18k Kinetic Blast 5L - KB + GMP + PCOC + Faster Attacks + PPAD
Defense Stats In town/no pots.

I still have a 5L so the 18k dps screenshots are what I'd have in a 6L.

DPS boner screenshots
As I ripped, may as well see the build with my crazy Standard league wand:

48k Frenzy Single Target - Frenzy + Faster Attacks + PPAD + Crit DMG.
34k Kinetic Blast 6L - KB + GMP + PCOC + Faster Attacks + PPAD + Slower Proj

Passive Tree for level 90
90+ I would get Depth Perception or Vaal Pact.
I picked up Melding for more HP in Tempest, can get 5k at level 90.

Overall, the build is great in 2.0. My death was completely avoidable. Physical damage in high maps hurts, but we're ranged so we can play around it. All builds have to deal with the damage and wander is still great.

Level an Arctic Armour to use on hard maps.
Add mana leech to Herald of Ice, full mana every time you kill a pack.
Optimal 5L is:
KB + Faster Attacks + GMP + PCOC + Pierce.
Slower Projectiles or PPAD are good 6Ls.

I tested Chain now that it's buffed, it's probably better vs packs but we also use KB to shotgun single target so Pierce keeps the damage high for that.
I also tested things like Ice Bite on HoIce, it's quite random/unreliable and isn't worth it for the mana reservation (even though it doesn't add much).
I don't think the 5th Frenzy charge is worth it.
The setup above is what I find optimal, but test out some things and see what you prefer.

Reflect on monsters is fine, I was always critting into Thornflesh and being fine. Reflect map mod is rippy but manageable if you're slow, I'd roll over it though.

I'm taking a break from wanding for now, I'll still stay active in the topic though.
IGN: @Oos
Sorry for your dead man! Keep helping us with the build!
How are you leveling up as a ranger? DPS is so low and there is a problem with INT, so playing as a EK at the beginning is not such a good idea.
Last edited by zdybel on Jul 27, 2015, 1:40:24 PM
Hi Oos,

must try your HoI - Mana leech setup, this looks nice. Does it work well?

I was asking myself why you put 3% block on the shield. Because of Acrobatics I think that block isnt great anyways. Have you ever considered to dual wield and skip the shield because of the lower block efficiency or is the evasion on the shield to important for survivability ?

There is a +4% spell dmg per power charge node. Having 6 power charges, this could be a good boost, any reason why you didnt take it ?

Many thanks for your great work

"
zdybel wrote:
How are you leveling up as a ranger? DPS is so low and there is a problem with INT, so playing as a EK at the beginning is not such a good idea.

I actually leveled my Tempest Wander as a crit dagger build.
Try get an INT neck, a node on the tree, and add in Flame Totem.
Some people have told me leveling was easy in 2.0, others have said it's painfully hard.
I'm not sure what to suggest sorry.

"
spartakussis wrote:
Hi Oos,

must try your HoI - Mana leech setup, this looks nice. Does it work well?

I was asking myself why you put 3% block on the shield. Because of Acrobatics I think that block isnt great anyways. Have you ever considered to dual wield and skip the shield because of the lower block efficiency or is the evasion on the shield to important for survivability ?

There is a +4% spell dmg per power charge node. Having 6 power charges, this could be a good boost, any reason why you didnt take it ?

Many thanks for your great work

He HoIce+Mana Leech is alright, may as well use it.
As for the 3% block, I was capped on resistances, with Acrobatics it was only 1% more block but 1% chance to take 0 damage was the best stat I could add.

As for dual wielding, I'd much rather have a shield. You get life and at least 1000 evasion.
Even with Acrobatics most shields are 17-19% block, which isn't bad on top of evasion/dodge.

The spell damage nodes don't affect Kinetic Blast, it's an attack. You would need to use:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crown_of_Eyes for that to work.

"
Andresmar19 wrote:
Sorry for your dead man! Keep helping us with the build!

No problem.
IGN: @Oos
Hello Oos,

First of all, this build is really great and I'm having great fun with it! You are the best, seriously.
I have to ask for your guidance because I see that my dps is not so great and I'm not sure why...

Here is my gear for lvl 51:
Spoiler

Maybe it is not the best but it is not the worse I think :0. I will change gloves today if I find someone who sell something interesting and head will also be better. Problem is that my KB dps with HoI and HoF is like 1,5k . I can't run HoI and Hatred because I have serious mana issues then:/.

My wand is like 123dps and I can buy 1.3 AS wand wtih 160dps for like 15-20c but I'm not sure if maybe I should wait and buy something better near lvl 60? I can try to get another ring with physical dmg so it will boost my dmg and maybe shield with more evasion(my has great stats but low eva).

I'm following your skill tree and I'm on the way to big wand nodes.
Any tips for begginer?
Last edited by zaboleqqq on Jul 28, 2015, 3:33:11 AM
Hello!

First wander ive ever made and playing on tempest. I used Twyzel until 53 and grabbed myself an omen wand. My current gear is below:

Ive also got:
that I will switch over to when I get into maps (Need to 5L the Daresso's....so far im like 100 fuse in x_X)

The wand I found on my flame totem. I could use it now, but I dont see the need currently since I 1 shot everything.

I was a little apprehensive until about 55 when I started getting into the wand damage nodes : WOW I just wreck shit. I like it even better than tornado shot.

Im using frost wall for rares and it works great once you get the hang of it. I need to add in an enfeeble gem to my CWDT setup.

Questions:

Would you reccomend switching to daressos even as a 4L? I think if I use projectile weakness I can maybe overcome the loss of the 5th link until I can get enough fuses to link it up (aiming for that 6L baby!)

Overall, love the build to death. So glad my flame totemer died so I could roll this. It feels very similar to tornado shot, but far more crittastic =)

EDIT: Im considering yolo exalting the imbued wand in hope for a flat ele prefix =).
Last edited by Alabugin on Jul 27, 2015, 5:14:41 PM
"
Alabugin wrote:

EDIT: Im considering yolo exalting the imbued wand in hope for a flat ele prefix =).

You might end up with spell flat damage too, I'm not sure if your wand is even worth yolo exalting. Why not just use your 5L until you 5L your Daresso?
Oos, I'm so sorry to hear about your death! You seem to be taking it well. I can't play hardcore leagues, because I don't think I have the type of mental stability to keep my shit together after a loss like that =/

The Frenzy-CoC-AM-GMP link works ok to curse stuff and generate frenzy charges, but I find myself forgetting to use it. I assumed AM would be basically necessary for a crit build due to the huge more multiplier, but the truth is that if I just position an opponent properly I can just shotgun them in no time at all. I'll give blood rage a try, but if I don't like it I'll probably just ignore frenzy charges altogether.

Now that you've greatly increased your appreciation for pierce, what do you say about the 5 points required to get 40% from tree (along with 20% increased projectile damage)? I'm thinking about taking those 5 points so that I can run PPAD as the 5th link and IIR as a 6th link. I also think I'm going to run IIR in HoI link.

Your 1700 evade shield was ridiculous! Do you happen to remember your evade % in that gear?

I just 5L'd my daresso's last night but I ran out of chromes trying to GGGBB it! Hopefully it'll be equipped soon!
Can somebody explain the Frenzy gem? It says "Attack, Melee, Bow," so it would never have occurred to me to use it with a wand as a ranged attack.
IGN: Feihthaven
IGN: Vizthrin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info