[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

"
Zuleran wrote:
What is the main difference for ele wander vs physical wander? I've seen a few builds for each but i'm not sure which one i would want to go.

Physical can get leech on tree/gear and sustain life/mana pools through that. Ele needs to use BM gem. Ele can reserve all mana and get an extra aura (or more if aura nodes are taken).

Ele can get higher tooltip numbers, but I'd argue that this is irrelevant because of the way monster defenses work. Monsters have elemental resists that severely cut down elemental damage without penetration gems. Whereas physical damage will "crush" armour and do almost full damage. Ele builds usually use Wrath which is a nice damage boost with shocking.

Elemental is cheaper to gear early on, but both are about the same price when finishing your gear.

Go with what you prefer. I'm all about the physical, and even as a physical build you get an extra 50% damage added on top as elemental.

"
Nubshat wrote:
Is it better to get a 5L Daresso's Defiance or a 6L evasion chest until I can afford a 6L Daresso's?

I wouldn't want to lose the defense of Daresso's in Tempest right now, but if you're in a SC league and just want to clear/level faster, then sure, go with the 6L rare chest for now.

"
jbmcarth wrote:
So I'm 55 and waiting to equip my early endgame gear upgrades at 59. My plan is to just get a junk 1-2c 5L to run my KB in while I attempt to 5/6L my daresso's. Just switching to 5L KB is going to cause me slight mana problems that I hope my gloves can solve. In twyzel's 3L, I only spend 3 mana per shot on KB with my elreon's jewelry. With adding phys project attack dmg, PCoC, and GMP instead of LMP I'll be spending 15 mana on each shot. I'll also be heading in to merc, where I'll be wanting to switch out the elreon's jewelry, increasing that 15 by 7 or 8.

I feel like I'd rather run something else in place of Frenzy. I hate using it, because it just feels so much weaker than KB and I plan on using a spell totem-FC-frost wall 3L.

Is there any possible way to run Hatred, HoT, and HoI? If I had to choose, should I got hatred-HoI for lots of popping, or HoA + HoT/HoI/CoH/AM? If I go HoA + HoT/HoI/CoH/AM will I be able to switch out pcoc?

If you replace Frenzy then make sure you learn the build well. Many people complain that this build has no single target, but it actually has one of the best in the game. You just need to kite a rare/boss to a wall and shotgun them with Kinetic Blast, it's insane. Frenzy is great for picking off random mobs and for when there's no wall to KB shotgun off. If you're going to drop Frenzy then make good use of that Frost Wall spell totem.

As for auras, if you're going to run Hatred + HoIce + HoThunder then you'll need to use BM gem, and that's not really worth it, even if you're dropping PCOC. If you really want to link HoIce + HoThunder to CoH Assassins Mark, then drop Hatred and use HoAsh or Arctic Armour instead.

I tested that setup this league and really didn't like it. The power charges weren't as consistent, especially for long fights. Losing Hatred hurts your damage and makes it less likely to shatter with HoIce. Try it out though, it's nice gaining a support gem and defense if you go Arctic Armour.
IGN: @Oos
"
Saufkopp wrote:
Huge Mana Problems. Gear and skills that im using, any suggestions?

Ah you just posted as I made my other post.

What level are you? Around 40-55 it can get a bit painful. Try picking up some Elreon Jewelry. Make sure you have the Spirit Void cluster, the mana on hit helps even when you don't leech much at low level.
im following this build right now, lvl 73 atm it works perfectly :P, but getting my 5L daresso's BBGGG is a pain in the ass lol
"
Snakin wrote:
im following this build right now, lvl 73 atm it works perfectly :P, but getting my 5L daresso's BBGGG is a pain in the ass lol

Yeah took me over 300 chromes this league, was painful.
"
Oos wrote:
"
Snakin wrote:

Took me 100 chromes using vorici's at least 2 blue socket craft.

Anyways I'm really enjoying the build, but there is one thing I am having a hard time understanding. How exactly do you kite a boss monster to the wall, when I try to do that, I can get at most 1 or 2 kinetic blasts before they start chasing me.

Also, I'd like to know what equips I can improve on first:

Spoiler

I have no idea what to try to link on my boots lol.
Last edited by essencevox on Jul 25, 2015, 3:16:59 AM
"
essencevox wrote:
"
Oos wrote:
"
Snakin wrote:

Took me 100 chromes using vorici's at least 2 blue socket craft.

Anyways I'm really enjoying the build, but there is one thing I am having a hard time understanding. How exactly do you kite a boss monster to the wall, when I try to do that, I can get at most 1 or 2 kinetic blasts before they start chasing me.

Also, I'd like to know what equips I can improve on first:

Spoiler

I have no idea what to try to link on my boots lol.

For kiting to a wall, it's not always possible, but you can also use other monsters to shotgun off. Also, try Pierce 5L instead of PPAD, I prefer it with only a 5L.

Your gear is really nice, you can upgrade your Rapture Grip ring for a more dps based ring. Same with gloves.
Use master to add %WED to your belt or look for a new Rustic with WED.

Then after that it's just min-maxing what you have. You can get nicer blots, or just 4L/20% them. You can also get a better amulet, but good ones are expensive and yours is nice.

Then just 6L chest and 20/20 gems and you're set. Nice gear though gj.

With your 4L on boots you can try a Golem, Smoke Mine. I've also been linking Mana Leech to my Herald of Ice, it's not needed but a nice bonus.
Last edited by Oos on Jul 25, 2015, 4:11:51 AM
What would you stay to use Graceful assault in combination with daresso's defiance? Would that be better than the default tree? :p

I have 20 k dps with all frenzy and power charges up. My damage feels a bit weak though.
What should I change? Thank you in advance for your reply Oos.
Last edited by TinyClown on Jul 25, 2015, 2:56:39 PM
I've been theorycrafting some options since my last post. Here's what I've considered so far:
1) with proper frost wall use (manual-cast or spell totem), we shouldn't really need frenzy as a single target attack
2) without frenzy it's hard to generate frenzy charges, especially against bosses. The other frenzy gain mechanisms are based on killing stuff, but after you one or two shot packs around an elite or boss, you're not necessarily going to have many other chances to refresh them. Blood rage, ice bite, poacher's mark, and blood dance all work on kill.
3) Blood rage seems risky, since it's practically guaranteed that you'll begin each new encounter with at least a small chunk of life missing. It's almost like using blood magic + aura to reserve some of your hp from use at the very beginning of each new fight.

So the two options I've narrowed it down to are:
1) HoI + Ice Bite. With Hatred + HoI, several mobs should be frozen when your HoI chain pop occurs. I'm going to play around with this and see how well it works.
2) Frenzy + GMP + CoC + AM. You don't really have to aim it, and CoC casts on area like manual cast as opposed to CoH. Frenzy is no longer a single target dps option, but rather an aoe curse attack which generates frenzy charges on hit.
"
jbmcarth wrote:
I've been theorycrafting some options since my last post. Here's what I've considered so far:
1) with proper frost wall use (manual-cast or spell totem), we shouldn't really need frenzy as a single target attack
2) without frenzy it's hard to generate frenzy charges, especially against bosses. The other frenzy gain mechanisms are based on killing stuff, but after you one or two shot packs around an elite or boss, you're not necessarily going to have many other chances to refresh them. Blood rage, ice bite, poacher's mark, and blood dance all work on kill.
3) Blood rage seems risky, since it's practically guaranteed that you'll begin each new encounter with at least a small chunk of life missing. It's almost like using blood magic + aura to reserve some of your hp from use at the very beginning of each new fight.

So the two options I've narrowed it down to are:
1) HoI + Ice Bite. With Hatred + HoI, several mobs should be frozen when your HoI chain pop occurs. I'm going to play around with this and see how well it works.
2) Frenzy + GMP + CoC + AM. You don't really have to aim it, and CoC casts on area like manual cast as opposed to CoH. Frenzy is no longer a single target dps option, but rather an aoe curse attack which generates frenzy charges on hit.

Honestly, blood rage isn't that bad. I just carry two instant flasks to keep me up between packs, and life leech keeps me topped during combat. Frenzy really isn't that bad, even if you just use it as a 1s just to keep charges up for bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info