[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

Update on my progress. I'm up to level 89 now, it got much better since my last post. Thanks for the helpful guide.

My current gear:

I've tried switching the diamond ring with Timeclasp for temp.chain maps and Sibyl's Lament for phys.reflect maps, they both work well.

Auras:

Hatred + HoI + HoT + Reduced mana

Leveling up a Herald of Ash to try instead of HoT. Previously had HoT + Curse on Hit + Assasin's Mark but I don't think it helped much and I couldn't really replace PCoC with it.

Skills:

KB + GMP + PPAD + WED + PCoC

(Using WED because I didn't want to spend more chromatics on the Belly.)

5,990 tooltip dps
8,476 with power charges

PS + PPAD + FA + ICD

14,138 dps
21,272 with power charges

(was higher before I started releveling the PPAD with 20q, also got a 20q PS on the way)

88% chance to hit
77.6% crit chance with 6 power charges
267% crit multiplier

I've tried using Atziri's Promise for an extra DPS boost, replacing a 3rd life flask. It helps but I'm kinda bad at timing it (and flask usage in general). I imagine Taste of Hate would be even better, especially with the added phys. damage mitigation.

Current tree

Thinking of grabbing Heart of Oak and Finesse for the next few points. I could also respec out of Survivalist (and one or both 30 str nodes if I get more on gear) and go for Piercing Shots. The 3 atttack speed and accuracy nodes at the top have been nice, might not need them with better gear though.

Mapping:

I can do up to 77 maps with current gear, haven't had any 78s drop yet to try. Maps up to 75 are easy to do and I can 1-2shot most packs. 76-77 are a bit slower to clear but still not too bad.

Half-regen is not a problem (maybe I'll fire a few more blanks but leech from the passive nodes is enough). No-regen maps are manageable, at least up to 75. Blood Magic maps might be doable but I haven't tried it yet.

The Flashback league has been awesome, and I met a lot of Beyond bosses during every all-mods weekend. The best strategy was to run away from them and then start shooting offscreen until PCoC stops giving charges. I killed many dozens of them. It didn't go very well when I got stuck in tight spaces with them, Haast and Naem were the worst, especially on higher level maps.

A few of the Invasion bosses were very dangerous as well. The giant skeleton boss one-shot me with 4.4k life, then I never let him get close to me again. Shrapnelbearer (vaal construct chaos thingy) killed me many times, especially in additional projectiles maps. Huge golem discharger was kinda scary.

Evasive mobs/bosses can be quite annoying, especially if I'm trying to hit them with Power Siphon. Luring them near a wall and Kinetic Blasting them helps in those situations. I also cast Frost Wall sometimes but it always seems worse than shooting against an actual wall.

---

Any suggestions on where to go from here? I'd like to level this character past 90 and start doing more 77-78 maps when he gets sent back to Standard.
"
Spoiler
Update on my progress. I'm up to level 89 now, it got much better since my last post. Thanks for the helpful guide.

My current gear:

I've tried switching the diamond ring with Timeclasp for temp.chain maps and Sibyl's Lament for phys.reflect maps, they both work well.

Auras:

Hatred + HoI + HoT + Reduced mana

Leveling up a Herald of Ash to try instead of HoT. Previously had HoT + Curse on Hit + Assasin's Mark but I don't think it helped much and I couldn't really replace PCoC with it.

Skills:

KB + GMP + PPAD + WED + PCoC

(Using WED because I didn't want to spend more chromatics on the Belly.)

5,990 tooltip dps
8,476 with power charges

PS + PPAD + FA + ICD

14,138 dps
21,272 with power charges

(was higher before I started releveling the PPAD with 20q, also got a 20q PS on the way)

88% chance to hit
77.6% crit chance with 6 power charges
267% crit multiplier

I've tried using Atziri's Promise for an extra DPS boost, replacing a 3rd life flask. It helps but I'm kinda bad at timing it (and flask usage in general). I imagine Taste of Hate would be even better, especially with the added phys. damage mitigation.

Current tree

Thinking of grabbing Heart of Oak and Finesse for the next few points. I could also respec out of Survivalist (and one or both 30 str nodes if I get more on gear) and go for Piercing Shots. The 3 atttack speed and accuracy nodes at the top have been nice, might not need them with better gear though.

Mapping:

I can do up to 77 maps with current gear, haven't had any 78s drop yet to try. Maps up to 75 are easy to do and I can 1-2shot most packs. 76-77 are a bit slower to clear but still not too bad.

Half-regen is not a problem (maybe I'll fire a few more blanks but leech from the passive nodes is enough). No-regen maps are manageable, at least up to 75. Blood Magic maps might be doable but I haven't tried it yet.

The Flashback league has been awesome, and I met a lot of Beyond bosses during every all-mods weekend. The best strategy was to run away from them and then start shooting offscreen until PCoC stops giving charges. I killed many dozens of them. It didn't go very well when I got stuck in tight spaces with them, Haast and Naem were the worst, especially on higher level maps.

A few of the Invasion bosses were very dangerous as well. The giant skeleton boss one-shot me with 4.4k life, then I never let him get close to me again. Shrapnelbearer (vaal construct chaos thingy) killed me many times, especially in additional projectiles maps. Huge golem discharger was kinda scary.

Evasive mobs/bosses can be quite annoying, especially if I'm trying to hit them with Power Siphon. Luring them near a wall and Kinetic Blasting them helps in those situations. I also cast Frost Wall sometimes but it always seems worse than shooting against an actual wall.

---

Any suggestions on where to go from here? I'd like to level this character past 90 and start doing more 77-78 maps when he gets sent back to Standard.

Nice write up.
Get Heart of the oak like you said, then drop the Survivalist cluster for the Ranger ev/hp.
Get Heart Seeker, you'll want more crit damage in the highest tier maps, it helps a lot with clearspeed and you can one shot blue packs if you have a high roll crit.
See if you can drop Deep Thoughts, will save you two points, now that you're higher level you will have more base mana and shouldn't run out while leeching.

As for gear, I'm guessing trading has pretty much died in the 1 month, but I'll suggest this anyway:

Replace your amulet with a great crit amulet, remember that you can craft crit chance with masters. So look for" hp/phys damage/crit multi then craft crit chance. OR Look for one without life and craft that instead.

You wand is nice but kinda slow, your clear speed will greatly increase with a 1.5+ aps base wand, you'll be locked into animation less.
Don't sell your current wand until 2.0 hits. Base attack speed on all slower wand bases has gone up, so that wand will be very good in 2.0, so maybe don't worry about a 1.5aps wand and just wait it out. Good wands are pretty over priced on Standard anyway.

Blessed your belt to 24%. Might not seem like much but you're at the point of min-maxing everything.
Your rings are kinda "meh" but so are mine on HC so I cant say much, and it;s hard to get gg rings.

Other than that, 6L your Belly and get 20/20 gems and you're all set.

Glad you're having fun.
IGN: @Oos
Thankyou for this Build guide Oos, It has been the single most enjoyable build I have played thus far. Got through the entire main game on standard with just 1 rip, which was to vegan. A first for me. I am currently Lvl 91.
I have a far better crit amulet and accuracy ring in my stash however I specced out of mind drinker (2% mana leech on tree) and am getting by just fine in 78's with this mana regen and stats on gear. It get's to a point where you assess your damage as overkill anyway even with a wand like this under 15ex. Aiming for the walls on cozy maps like gorge and academy and one shotting mobs in a 6 person party. I have never levelled so fast in my life! THANKYOU.

Just got this on a Dominus run:

how nuts is that...

Need to add crit chance to it and attack speed I guess
Last edited by Radagastt on Jun 26, 2015, 7:20:40 PM
Hello there!

I have the character up and running, but not quite sure where do i need to go to upgrade the character. Would love to hear your input. On the three the next 3 points will go to the critmulti imo.

So here is it:

Tree: http://poeurl.com/zq93DLm
dps KB: 11,3k
PS: 22k no charges, just auras
Last edited by qkatz on Jun 29, 2015, 4:27:46 PM
How did you get B B G G G G on your Belly...?
IGNs:
[STANDARD]
@Icemyst
@Hailfire
@Sylixa
How will you manage mana on 2.0?
Any theory crafting of this build for 2.0?

I wanna try out this build for the awakening but do the leech changes affect this build in a substantial way?

EDIT:

Just saw the CB video you had Oos, thanks. With the Mana struggles, would it be worth going Alpha's Howl just to get that reserve mana, or would a normal helmet or Rat's Nest still be better?
Last edited by Narna on Jul 2, 2015, 10:18:39 PM
Sorry, I've been away from the game, I'll reply to you guys now.

"
Radagastt wrote:
Just got this on a Dominus run:

how nuts is that...

Need to add crit chance to it and attack speed I guess

Amazing wand, grats!

"
qkatz wrote:
Hello there!

I have the character up and running, but not quite sure where do i need to go to upgrade the character. Would love to hear your input. On the three the next 3 points will go to the critmulti imo.

So here is it:

Tree: http://poeurl.com/zq93DLm
dps KB: 11,3k
PS: 22k no charges, just auras

Your gear is honestly really nice, all you need is a WED% rustic sash belt, 6L Belly (or Darresso's Defiance for 2.0) and then 20/20 gems. Grats.

"
Kobrakai wrote:
How did you get B B G G G G on your Belly...?

Didn't take that many chromes really. Keep trying, or I can help you out in 2.0.

"
TheFrollino wrote:
How will you manage mana on 2.0?

"
Narna wrote:
Any theory crafting of this build for 2.0?

I wanna try out this build for the awakening but do the leech changes affect this build in a substantial way?

EDIT:

Just saw the CB video you had Oos, thanks. With the Mana struggles, would it be worth going Alpha's Howl just to get that reserve mana, or would a normal helmet or Rat's Nest still be better?

I'll need to test properly, but we'll probably need to take the mana leech cluster near Ondar's now, and for sure drop Herald of Ash. Overall we'll have more mana to cast with (75% reserved) but leech will be harder.

Belly should be swapped for Daresso's Defiance so we can use CWDT+IC still, and it also provides some life leech. Should be fine really.
Overall we'll lose a little life, get more dodge, and get more damage from the base damage changes. Should be good.
IGN: @Oos
"
Oos wrote:
I'll need to test properly, but we'll probably need to take the mana leech cluster near Ondar's now, and for sure drop Herald of Ash. Overall we'll have more mana to cast with (75% reserved) but leech will be harder.

Belly should be swapped for Daresso's Defiance so we can use CWDT+IC still, and it also provides some life leech. Should be fine really.
Overall we'll lose a little life, get more dodge, and get more damage from the base damage changes. Should be good.

Thanks for the info Oos, can't wait to play this build in The Awakening.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info