[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

"
Afran wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:
How much are Eternals now? I haven't been playing. You wand is probably the best I've seen in Bloodlines, so you could maybe eternal exalt, just depends on your currency situation. But if you have under 5ex then just yolo exalt it. If it rolls a suffix then consider et-ex the last prefix mod for t1 ele or any hybrid phys roll.

Up to you.

Eternals are going for 3 exalts I believe, or close to. Do like the suggestion of exalting and hoping for a suffix and then et/exalting later on. Was wondering if it'd be worth it to use something like Cannot Roll Caster Mods (perhaps remove the crit roll meanwhile), not sure though. Other option was just multi-craft crit chance + WED, but that doesnt hit anywhere near true potential =p

Currently spamming divines into my gloves trying to get that dual 2% leech, 9 later I still don't have it lol.

How much is cannot roll caster mods? If it's under 1ex I'd say it's worth it. Exalting wands is pretty silly so I normally wouldn't suggest it, but you cant really buy an upgrade for your wand so it's worth a try.

and unlucky on the Divines, only took two for mine but guess I got lucky.
IGN: @Oos
@OOS

Good looking build.. I decided to build this guy as it looks like a lot of fun.

More importantly though, watched a couple of your vids.. your music taste? Love it.

I'm a neurofunk addict as well :)
"
Denezen wrote:
@OOS

Good looking build.. I decided to build this guy as it looks like a lot of fun.

More importantly though, watched a couple of your vids.. your music taste? Love it.

I'm a neurofunk addict as well :)

Yeeeee Neurofunk is the best :D
^ damn straight.

Also, wanted to ask to get a bit more detail on leveling.

You mention to get to lvl32 using whatever (in my case, I just spammed Spectral throw with a shiversting and I'm close to 30 now)

What would you suggest once the build is ready to start wanding?

I've tried a little bit prior to level 30 with Kinestic Blast as its able to be used post level 24, and find that the dps is fairly underwhelming early on.

Was there a particular setup in the tree/gear that you used early on to clear quickly? or should I be expecting a slow grind at the start?
you can start doing KB as soon as you get a decent leveling wand

i think i got mine around lvl 40-45, it had 120pdps and 9,5 crit, i bought it for 2 chaos

you can level with an ele wand which might be easier to find and just run wrath hot and hoi

i'd also suggest LMP instead of GMP for lower multiplier so mana is easier to deal with

Spectral throw is actually very good for leveling this build because you take phys dmg and proj damage nodes on your way out of shadow tree but it get's obsolete as soon as geofri's Baptism becomes underwhelming for damage, but until then you will porbably be able to find a decent leveling wand

i just did ST and scanned poe trade for good low lvl wands and transitioned as soon as i found a good deal

from that point leveling with KB is super easy, i found it as easy as Tornado shot and way easier than any Spectral Throw i did, just focus on getting health7defense nodes until a good wand pops up for sale, then transition into wand nodes and make sure you have enough int to equip it, until later levels you'll probably need a lapis amulet and another piece of gear with int on it
IGN JustifiedF
Fun, thanks
"
Denezen wrote:
^ damn straight.

Also, wanted to ask to get a bit more detail on leveling.

You mention to get to lvl32 using whatever (in my case, I just spammed Spectral throw with a shiversting and I'm close to 30 now)

What would you suggest once the build is ready to start wanding?

I've tried a little bit prior to level 30 with Kinestic Blast as its able to be used post level 24, and find that the dps is fairly underwhelming early on.

Was there a particular setup in the tree/gear that you used early on to clear quickly? or should I be expecting a slow grind at the start?

Justifi3d has some good advice.

I leveled with spells because that Reverberation Rod is extremely strong, so through normal either use that or level with ST (with 2h uniques or a good 1h weapon), both options transition wlel into this build.

Then around level 32 start looking for cheap wanding wands on the market. Ele wands are fine for now, in fact they're probably better because you wont be doing enough damage to make phys wands worth it. So stack WED rolls and ele damage rolls on jewelry.
You'll wand to upgrade your wand every 10-15 levels or so, until you reach Imbued Wands.

The ideal leveling 4L would be:
Kinetic Blast
LMP (or GMP if you can sustain mana)
Weapon Elemental Damage
Faster Attacks
Around level 50s you can swap one of the last 2 gems for PCoC when you have better base crit to sustain your charges.

Elreon jewelry helps too but you will probably need a mana flask, which is fine.

I think that covers everything really, KB is good for leveling in Cruel + Merciless if you have a 4L and decent leveling wands, they should only cost 1-3 chaos each.
Just wanna share some experiences with endgame mapping with this build to showcase how strong it is:

I did over 50 75 maps at this point with it and about 30 76-78

I did all mods except phys reflect because 430% crit multi with a gg wand i was too scared of double reflect

Ele reflect is easy if you turn of hatred and HOI

Except that i only avoided certain combinations of mods that would make maps a hassle like -max with ele reflect and -max with extra damage of an element in palaces and shipyards due to evangelists, they're the bane of evasion builds

enfeeble, damage reduction, temp chains are all doable just a bit of a hassle, 50% regen just requires a mana flask and it's easy then, no regen is peace of cake

-max can be done but you have to be very careful, not recommended on hardcore, maybe use a saffel's if you can handle resist loss, for elemental weakness some gear swapping or running purity of elements and it's no problem at all

vulnerability can be an issue if in bad combination of mods and with certain mobs but i got lucky and never had to run it in anything higher than 75 and even in 75 maps you can kill everything before it even gets to damage you, only in 78 are mobs really tanky enough where it starts to matter

every boss is doable with this build, especially some usually hard bosses like Megaera because you can just offscreen them and manage them with flasks, piety is so much easier with new immunity to shock on flasks

my only 2 deaths i have with the build are from fps freeze when opening boxes

I fought abaxoth twice without dying, in 71 map and in 75 map, he was easy both times, just run a topaz and a ruby when fighting him, and make sure you insta dispell freeze in case it happens

Only boss i had real trouble with is graveyard merveil but she's broken anyways and i just ended up skipping her most of the time, the fight is not really worthwile for a couple of ilvl 72 rare items

Jungle valley boss is very easy with Atziri flask because you can literally facetank him and he dies very fast if you get in a good position

cells boss is a joke for ranged builds like most spell casting bosses

for courtyard bosses i just pop vaal haste with inc duration and kite them around the walls while spamming Kb and then finish off with PS

I have yet to get the Vaal temple map but i'm eager to try it out and an atziri run is coming when i hit lvl 90
IGN JustifiedF
Last edited by Justifi3d on Feb 13, 2015, 11:30:31 AM
"
Justifi3d wrote:
Just wanna share some experiences with endgame mapping with this build to showcase how strong it is:

I did over 50 75 maps at this point with it and about 30 76-78

I did all mods except phys reflect because 430% crit multi with a gg wand i was too scared of double reflect

Ele reflect is easy if you turn of hatred and HOI

Except that i only avoided certain combinations of mods that would make maps a hassle like -max with ele reflect and -max with extra damage of an element in palaces and shipyards due to evangelists, they're the bane of evasion builds

enfeeble, damage reduction, temp chains are all doable just a bit of a hassle, 50% regen just requires a mana flask and it's easy then, no regen is peace of cake

-max can be done but you have to be very careful, not recommended on hardcore, maybe use a saffel's if you can handle resist loss, for elemental weakness some gear swapping or running purity of elements and it's no problem at all

vulnerability can be an issue if in bad combination of mods and with certain mobs but i got lucky and never had to run it in anything higher than 75 and even in 75 maps you can kill everything before it even gets to damage you, only in 78 are mobs really tanky enough where it starts to matter

every boss is doable with this build, especially some usually hard bosses like Megaera because you can just offscreen them and manage them with flasks, piety is so much easier with new immunity to shock on flasks

my only 2 deaths i have with the build are from fps freeze when opening boxes

I fought abaxoth twice without dying, in 71 map and in 75 map, he was easy both times, just run a topaz and a ruby when fighting him, and make sure you insta dispell freeze in case it happens

Only boss i had real trouble with is graveyard merveil but she's broken anyways and i just ended up skipping her most of the time, the fight is not really worthwile for a couple of ilvl 72 rare items

Jungle valley boss is very easy with Atziri flask because you can literally facetank him and he dies very fast if you get in a good position

cells boss is a joke for ranged builds like most spell casting bosses

for courtyard bosses i just pop vaal haste with inc duration and kite them around the walls while spamming Kb and then finish off with PS

I have yet to get the Vaal temple map but i'm eager to try it out and an atziri run is coming when i hit lvl 90

Thanks mate, really useful for players just starting maps, I've added this to the bottom of my main post.
Last edited by Oos on Feb 13, 2015, 12:04:42 PM
^ Appreciate the posts guys. Lots of great info and very helpful!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info