[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

btw, just started again with this build for second time. lets hope i get past 81 now :P currently 40.
Is this an Atziri viable build when done in softcore?
Grats on BOTW bro. Imagine my surprise when I looked at your tree and realized it was almost identical to the tree on my KB wandslinger that I started months ago. You beat me to the punch of posting it though lmao, so good job. You also seem to have worked out some of the kinks, so I'll be making tweaks to mine soon based on your work. :D

One of the major differences so far (and I've been strongly considering respeccing this part for a while) is that I took Increased Shield Defense and Faster Energy Shield Recharge nodes instead of Acro/Spell Acro. I still picked up Ondar's, of course. I'm in the mid 70s (running maps of equal level) and it's actually pretty viable. Obviously I have to do a lot of moving around instead of facetanking, but that's true of any evasion build.

The biggest difference is that I haven't been using Faster Attacks or any Multiple Projectiles. Instead, I stack as much damage and pierce into a single projectile and launch it precisely through the center of a pack, aligning it with as many other packs in the area as possible. Using a Carcass Jack I have yet to have trouble popping multiple mid-70s monster packs with one shot, and my wand is a piece of shit (190+ phys damage, but zero crit rolls). It works fine, but from the OP vids it seems like endgame GMP really is better for shotgunning.
Last edited by MaraWuti on Feb 16, 2015, 10:31:08 AM
"
Hartree wrote:
I had the glorious idea to try the Crema Boss in a 5 man party with relatively low fps. RIP

Ouch man, rip. Good luck with your reroll.

"
Congratz!Build of the week ^_^

Cheers buddy!

"
Sacr0 wrote:
gratulations on botw!
I am using herald of ice+curse on hit+assassins mark and it's waaaaay better than herald of thunder! This is because HoT will not reach mobs that are almost out of screen range. HoI does! You should try it out!

Thanks!
Didn't think of using CoH with HoIce, does it curse other monsters before killing them? Quite often when you get a big crit the HoIce will chain reaction and pop whole groups, so I imagine this setup is crazy strong.

"
emb wrote:
btw, just started again with this build for second time. lets hope i get past 81 now :P currently 40.

Yaaaay, good luck.

"
Axyridis_JB wrote:
Is this an Atziri viable build when done in softcore?

There's no doubt that there's better builds for taking down Atziri, but this build shouldn;t have a problem and same people have already done it. Just make sure you have self cast Immortal Call for Trio and then you manage your power charges vs Atziri. Should take her down pretty fast.

"
MaraWuti wrote:
Grats on BOTW bro. Imagine my surprise when I looked at your tree and realized it was almost identical to the tree on my KB wandslinger that I started months ago. You beat me to the punch of posting it though lmao, so good job. You also seem to have worked out some of the kinks, so I'll be making tweaks to mine soon based on your work. :D

One of the major differences so far (and I've been strongly considering respeccing this part for a while) is that I took Increased Shield Defense and Faster Energy Shield Recharge nodes instead of Acro/Spell Acro. I still picked up Ondar's, of course. I'm in the mid 70s (running maps of equal level) and it's actually pretty viable. Obviously I have to do a lot of moving around instead of facetanking, but that's true of any evasion build.

The biggest difference is that I haven't been using Faster Attacks or any Multiple Projectiles. Instead, I stack as much damage and pierce into a single projectile and launch it precisely through the center of a pack, aligning it with as many other packs in the area as possible. Using a Carcass Jack I have yet to have trouble popping multiple mid-70s monster packs with one shot, and my wand is a piece of shit (190+ phys damage, but zero crit rolls). It works fine, but from the OP vids it seems like endgame GMP really is better for shotgunning.

Oh interesting, mind sharing your tree and gear? I think once you have enough damage for high maps then GMP is better because you one shot everything on crit anyway, so hitting a larger area is more important. But your variation is pretty interesting.
Do you prolif HoAsh too? Seems like it would synergise well with one projectile burst.
IGN: @Oos
Oos, does this build have enough mana/regen to use Voll's? Would free up gem slot that pcoc uses.
Last edited by posterier on Feb 16, 2015, 1:55:53 PM
"
posterier wrote:
Oos, does this build have enough mana regen to use Voll's? Would free up gem slot that pcoc uses.

I only have 20 mana regen per second, it's not a mana regen issue because you leech all your mana back. Leech is capped at 12.5% of your mana per second, Voll's has 50% reduced mana, so it reduces the amount you leech. I think you can make it work, but you'll need Mind Drinker and Deep Thoughts to offset that, and maybe some extra mana rolls on gear.

So it's possible, you just have to keep all that in mind and make sure you have enough mana to leech at a rate that doesn't leave you out of mana.

The few extra points invested should be worth the extra support gem. Voll's is much better than PCoC too.
Last edited by Oos on Feb 16, 2015, 1:59:24 PM
I know it's not an Imbued Wand, but I got this drop and did some crafting. Is it viable for a Physical Wander serious build? Any hints on Supports?

Thank you!
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
"
markus7 wrote:
I know it's not an Imbued Wand, but I got this drop and did some crafting. Is it viable for a Physical Wander serious build? Any hints on Supports?

Thank you!

You can still do some serious damage with that wand, it just wont be as fun as Imbued base. It will be more than fine for 66-75 maps.

So yeah, go ahead and use it, if you take the build to level 85+ you can always invest in a great Imbued later.
Thank you, Oosband. :-) And thank you for the guide and BOTW. Reading and viewing everything now.

You think I should focus more on ASPD (gear, passives, supports) because of the low ASPD of my wand or instead of it, or maybe I should prioritize +Physical Damage (again, passives, support and gear) and count on huge hits and crits? I'm a softcore player. P.S.: I'm not a rich player either, even though I play this game since before launch, lol.
>> Allow Home and End keys to quickly travel through the Stash!!!
Last edited by markus7 on Feb 16, 2015, 2:50:14 PM
"
markus7 wrote:
Thank you, Oosband. :-) And thank you for the guide and BOTW. Reading and viewing everything now.

You think I should focus more on ASPD (gear, passives, supports) because of the low ASPD of my wand or instead of it, or maybe I should prioritize +Physical Damage (again, passives, support and gear) and count on huge hits and crits? I'm a softcore player. P.S.: I'm not a rich player either, even though I play this game since before launch, lol.

Yeah for sure focus on attack speed, but don't neglect other important stats like flat phys damage, accuracy, leech etc. On my gear I have 6% attack speed on ring, and 12% on gloves, so even with a 1.5 wand it's an important stat.

Maybe do the attack speed pathing on the tree (Shadow start + Fusillade pathing), you can always respec them later if you get an Imbued.

Your wand will be fine, you'll do massive hits with it and will crit more, but you'll be locked in animation longer. It's just less fluid play but you'll be fine.

You don't have to be particularly rich, mid-tier rare items are really cheap in Softcore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info