[2.0] Kinetic Blast Wander | Physical and Elemental | HC Viable [BOTW S4E6]

Hey Oos,

Been playing this build the past week or so and really liking it, I'm curious what you'd suggest to focus on upgrading next in terms of gear and I'm rather confused about a near-rip experience I had...

Firstly here's my gear, I'm level 80 having grabbed the majority of your green highlighted solo nodes, basically the two Evasion&Life nodes left to grab behind Revenge of the Hunted;
Spoiler

Anyhow, I was doing a Pier map, magic monsters being the only mod. There was a lightning shrine up ahead, I basically instagibbed the pack and I almost ripped ;o I've got 4852 life and must've dropped lower than 100, thought I was actually dead. With less than 7k tooltip with charges though I'm not sure it could have been reflect? Also I was shocked for 3-4 seconds and with a measly 186-362 lightning damage doubt I'd inflict that upon myself through reflect. In hindsight I should've popped my Jade (shock immunity) but hey, nothing got near to me and I'm just wondering what could've happened heh
Last edited by Afran on Feb 9, 2015, 12:54:20 PM
it's quite possible that you got cursed plus shocked, this build does more ele dmg than phys dmg even without wed gem

for me wed gem creates major problems with reflect so i don't run it but even without it i can still feel ele reflect although i don't think i ever lost more than third of my HP, current tooltip 21,5k with charges
IGN JustifiedF
"
Afran wrote:
Hey Oos,

Been playing this build the past week or so and really liking it, I'm curious what you'd suggest to focus on upgrading next in terms of gear and I'm rather confused about a near-rip experience I had...

Firstly here's my gear, I'm level 80 having grabbed the majority of your green highlighted solo nodes, basically the two Evasion&Life nodes left to grab behind Revenge of the Hunted;
Spoiler

Anyhow, I was doing a Pier map, magic monsters being the only mod. There was a lightning shrine up ahead, I basically instagibbed the pack and I almost ripped ;o I've got 4852 life and must've dropped lower than 100, thought I was actually dead. With less than 7k tooltip with charges though I'm not sure it could have been reflect? Also I was shocked for 3-4 seconds and with a measly 186-362 lightning damage doubt I'd inflict that upon myself through reflect. In hindsight I should've popped my Jade (shock immunity) but hey, nothing got near to me and I'm just wondering what could've happened heh

Hey mate.
You've got to the point where you just have to min-max your current gear.
Pots are fine, maybe swap Atziri flask for a Ruby/Topaz but up to you.
Chest, buy a few divines, get it 39/40% life.
Reroll the crit on your wand to 27% (sick wand btw). If you don't have level 7 Tora then I'll try get online some time and help you out.
Divine your gloves a few times so that both leech rolls are 2%, then reroll the attack speed mod to 12% with Tora.
Shield is good, can potentially get an extra 600ish evasion but it wont be easy to find one.
Boots are fine.
Your helmet is nice but lacks an accuracy roll, will be hard to replace with that resistance though.
Amulet is great.
Belt is probably your best slot to upgrade right now, look for str/life/light res and an open prefix, then master craft high WED%.
Ruby ring is good.
Your two stone ring can be replaced maybe but will be hard to get an upgrade.

Pretty much your gear is great, I'm not sure why you don't have over 5k life though. Will be hard to get more defense while also keeping your damage high. Just about min-maxing life and evasion on your gear while still getting the good dps stats, not easy.

Get a 4th gem in your single target too.
After all that all you can upgrade is a 6L and 20/20 gems. I'd exalt your wand too, just depends how much currency you have.
IGN: @Oos
Aaaawwww shiiiittt!! Last night I ripped with this build !!! God dammit :( !!

76 pricinct with full party and was shooting everywhere kineticblasts... propably too much penetration and reflect.. couldnt really do shit since computer ran out of power and and was kinda "slowed" when health just dropped toooo fast... couldnt pot since computer was slagging and didnt take my pot smashing :/ never had problem with reflect before really but maybe my recent 20% gemming was starting to raise my dps quite a bit... shit! Anyway, heres my setup just before I ripped :)

Dont really feel like playing cause cant afford beast wand like i had before and anything else xept kb wanders feels weak xDD

GG
I've been playing this spec for a few weeks now and it's become one of my favorite builds i have. Huge thanks to users Oos and Hartree for the guidance. Let me know if anyone has comments on my version of the build.

Contrary to Hatree's version, mine is a budget Scion variant (~8-13 ex for the build)

Thanks,
Danton

Current Gear
Spoiler

Level 84 Tree

Discussion Points
Spoiler

CI builds are notoriously gear dependent, Hatree's build claims to have 10k ES without the discipline aura. In my variant, I drop Hatred for Discipline to achieve 7.5k ES (Hatree recommends no lower than 7k ES for this build to function comfortably).

Single Target DPS is still the major flaw of this build. During boss fights i switch out GMP for Barrage and KB for PCoC, which makes single target somewhat doable. If anyone has comments on having better single target dps, i'm all ears :)

a Q20 Blood Rage is the only required Q20 Gem, as it provides us anywhere from 9-10% Life Leech. This is essential for sustain with Vaal Pact.

You'll notice i have a different CWDT setup and that i self-cast enduring cry. I prefer this method because spell echo on enduring cry guarantees us at least 2 endurance charges on cast. When facing tons of physical damage (or physical bursters like rhoas or leapers), simply cast enduring cry every time it's available for pseudo-physical immunity
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Last edited by lDantonl on Mar 2, 2015, 10:20:13 AM
First off very nice build, been enjoying it greatly. Very fun gameplay.
I even rerolled it after an early rip at 72 or so.

Anyways, I play on bloodlines and I have been having a damn hard time finding a decent crit wand. How do you all find such sick wands?

I have roughly 2ex to spend on a wand, what should I be looking at, dps-wise?
Last edited by Absolutista on Feb 10, 2015, 10:58:12 AM
"
Oosband wrote:
"
Afran wrote:
Hey Oos,

Spoiler

Hey mate.
Reroll the crit on your wand to 27% (sick wand btw). If you don't have level 7 Tora then I'll try get online some time and help you out.
Divine your gloves a few times so that both leech rolls are 2%, then reroll the attack speed mod to 12% with Tora.
Shield is good, can potentially get an extra 600ish evasion but it wont be easy to find one.
Boots are fine.
Your helmet is nice but lacks an accuracy roll, will be hard to replace with that resistance though.
Amulet is great.
Belt is probably your best slot to upgrade right now, look for str/life/light res and an open prefix, then master craft high WED%.
Ruby ring is good.

Pretty much your gear is great, I'm not sure why you don't have over 5k life though. Will be hard to get more defense while also keeping your damage high. Just about min-maxing life and evasion on your gear while still getting the good dps stats, not easy.

After all that all you can upgrade is a 6L and 20/20 gems. I'd exalt your wand too, just depends how much currency you have.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Looks like I'll be buying up Divines :)

I've since replaced the helm with this one
and otherwise gear the same, I'll look into replacing the belt, tried to replace the Two-Stone but needing the strength is awkward. Would you just yolo exalt that wand? Currently I'm broke but I plan for the long-term.
idk i wouldn't yolo exalt that wand but i don't know the bloodlines market well

It would be hard to find a wand better than that one even on torment

i was looking for 3-4 days and bought the 3rd best wand for sale

only 2 better wands were 1 that was basicly my wand with attack speed roll and that one cost 45 ex

the other one was a GG wand with all tier 1-2 rolls for 1 mirror

and your wand is better than what i have
IGN JustifiedF
"
Sessi0 wrote:
Aaaawwww shiiiittt!! Last night I ripped with this build !!! God dammit :( !!

76 pricinct with full party and was shooting everywhere kineticblasts... propably too much penetration and reflect.. couldnt really do shit since computer ran out of power and and was kinda "slowed" when health just dropped toooo fast... couldnt pot since computer was slagging and didnt take my pot smashing :/ never had problem with reflect before really but maybe my recent 20% gemming was starting to raise my dps quite a bit... shit! Anyway, heres my setup just before I ripped :)

Dont really feel like playing cause cant afford beast wand like i had before and anything else xept kb wanders feels weak xDD

GG

Aw rip man, you had nice gear.
The problem with this build in parties is the extra gore on belly, if you're shooting into large packs with extra HP then it will generate a lot of effects, slowing down fps and probably didn't give you enough time to react.

"
lDantonl wrote:
I've been playing this spec for a few weeks now and it's become one of my favorite builds i have. Huge thanks to users Oos and Hartree for the guidance. Let me know if anyone has comments on my version of the build.

Contrary to Hatree's version, mine is a budget Scion variant (~8-13 ex for the build)

Thanks,
Danton

Current Gear
Spoiler

Level 82 Tree

Discussion Points
Spoiler

CI builds are notoriously gear dependent, Hatree's build claims to have 10k ES without the discipline aura. In my variant, I drop Hatred for Discipline to achieve 7.5k ES (Hatree recommends no lower than 7k ES for this build to function comfortably).

Single Target DPS is still the major flaw of this build. During boss fights i switch out GMP for Barrage and KB for PCoC, which makes single target somewhat doable. If anyone has comments on having better single target dps, i'm all ears :)

a Q20 Blood Rage is the only required Q20 Gem, as it provides us anywhere from 9-10% Life Leech. This is essential for sustain with Vaal Pact.

You'll notice i have a different CWDT setup and that i self-cast enduring cry. I prefer this method because spell echo on enduring cry guarantees us at least 2 endurance charges on cast. When facing tons of physical damage (or physical bursters like rhoas or leapers), simply cast enduring cry every time it's available for pseudo-physical immunity

Ye man, nice variant. Self cast end cry is very strong.

"
Absolutista wrote:
First off very nice build, been enjoying it greatly. Very fun gameplay.
I even rerolled it after an early rip at 72 or so.

Anyways, I play on bloodlines and I have been having a damn hard time finding a decent crit wand. How do you all find such sick wands?

I have roughly 2ex to spend on a wand, what should I be looking at, dps-wise?

The trick is to look for high dps wands with an open suffix for bench crafted crit roll. It can be hard to find a good one now, later in the league it seems a lot of people have rolled wanders so the prices have gone up.
Aim for at least 170 pDPS I'd say, and 1.5 speed.

"
Afran wrote:
"
Oosband wrote:
"
Afran wrote:
Hey Oos,

Spoiler

Hey mate.
Boots are fine.
Amulet is great.
Ruby ring is good.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

Looks like I'll be buying up Divines :)

I've since replaced the helm with this one
and otherwise gear the same, I'll look into replacing the belt, tried to replace the Two-Stone but needing the strength is awkward. Would you just yolo exalt that wand? Currently I'm broke but I plan for the long-term.

How much are Eternals now? I haven't been playing. You wand is probably the best I've seen in Bloodlines, so you could maybe eternal exalt, just depends on your currency situation.
But if you have under 5ex then just yolo exalt it. If it rolls a suffix then consider et-ex the last prefix mod for t1 ele or any hybrid phys roll.

Up to you.
IGN: @Oos
"
Oosband wrote:
How much are Eternals now? I haven't been playing. You wand is probably the best I've seen in Bloodlines, so you could maybe eternal exalt, just depends on your currency situation. But if you have under 5ex then just yolo exalt it. If it rolls a suffix then consider et-ex the last prefix mod for t1 ele or any hybrid phys roll.

Up to you.

Eternals are going for 3 exalts I believe, or close to. Do like the suggestion of exalting and hoping for a suffix and then et/exalting later on. Was wondering if it'd be worth it to use something like Cannot Roll Caster Mods (perhaps remove the crit roll meanwhile), not sure though. Other option was just multi-craft crit chance + WED, but that doesnt hit anywhere near true potential =p

Currently spamming divines into my gloves trying to get that dual 2% leech, 9 later I still don't have it lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info