[2.0] The Original Chaos/Physical 2H-Axe BM Cyclone | All mapmods | MF-able | AoE Focus |

so i saw a pretty interesting post on reddit when trying to brainstorm improvements to the build, (it's totally s-tier but idk im bored while i farm 200 more exalts for a legacy kaoms haha)

"I'm running a very similar build to yours myself:

Passive Tree: I'd consider taking Unwavering Stance (Though not needed WHILE in Cyclone useful outside of it) AND Iron Reflexes. Getting these points would be possible by unlearning Hematophagy and Wrecking Ball Areas. Then you'd also have some more points to get more Maximum Life and unlearn a big Dexterity Node cause of the small dexterity ones you need to get to Iron Reflexes.

Skill Gems: You are using Daresso's Salute. -> Which doesn't quite work with Blood Rage. Why? If you look closely Blood Rage places your health at like 99.9% and only goes to 100% SOMETIMES during cycloning through enemies. The uptime there is like 10-25% of cycloning. You are loosing the 60% melee dmg and 10% movementspeed. Now: Bloodrage gives quite the boost dps-wise. This can be cut off by just simply using Melee Damage on Full Life support gem (Which obviously also wouldn't work with Bloodrage all that well either). By taking that support gem in and out, testing around a couple of times, it's by far the strongest. And due to the natural nearly whole time 100% hp upkeep the damage gain is way better than from Bloodrage (Now you can also get rid of the additional Frenzy Charge and invest it in a skillpoint).

But now you're probably questioning yourself: Where to put MDOFL now? Simply move your Fortify from Cyclone to Leap Slam and use Leap Slam like every 5-6 seconds and hit an enemy with it. Fortify is by far the worst skill gem dps-wise (because it's just increased, not MORE damage [which is by far better, just test it out]).

Also: If that's going to annoy you: Most of the times you do not even NEED the Fortify effect on maps, because you won't be getting any serious damage in ANYWAY.

Now: Concentrated Effect is DEFINETLY the best Skill gem DPS-wise for Cyclone. It simply is. You loose some Area of Effect thou, could also swap in some additional AoE, OR just swap these two when clearing very open maps.

With your Disfavour the damageoutput for 78maps and down should be pretty much onehitting whites anyway.

Punishment is also quite the good Curse for you to use (Regaining some atkspeed you lost from dropping Bloodrage).

Personally I'm considering to even get lost of the whole Blood Magic-Passive-story due to taking Enlighten + Grace AND/OR Hatred OR Determination is AWESOME (obv. only Grace when having Iron Reflexes). Cyclone needs the Bloodmagic-Gem now, but you shouldn't have any problems mana-wise with the other abilities (not tested that yet).

Also: Vaal Haste could be quite the good damage boost for tankier enemies and bosses. (BTW you can sometimes avoid killing yourself with Vaal Cyclone by using a Lion's Roar potion for the Knockback (It also adds 30% Melee Damage and some Armor, which is nice sometimes).

So far from my side, dunno if any others have further suggestions there about my decisions / thoughts. That's how I see it."

what do you think @crackmonster?
Last edited by alexvsevil on Aug 6, 2015, 3:45:34 PM
I will give a better reply tomorrow, just woke up and have to leave in 10min.

But i have changed my build a little already and upgraded some gear a couple of days ago.

With these two items i was able to save 3 passives by also taking an all resist jewel, those 3 passives went into unwavering stance.

Notice also what gems i run in my helmet :D
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 6, 2015, 4:17:20 PM
yeah i messed around with a whispering ice toon and used lw, and it feels SO much faster/smoother now...maybe less duration instead of reduced duration did it? or idk

LW is way better than LS for sure but i can't really figure out how to spare an extra gem slot. my 4l helm is leap slam+faster attacks+vaal cyclone+portal. maybe i could move vaal cyclone to one of the vengeance links (i never really notice endurance charges anyway so maybe just do vengeance+lgoh+life leech+vaal cyclone? or vengeance+ecoms+stun and drop melee phys?) and that way i will have both portal and LW benefitting from faster casting?

in any case im not giving up vaal cyclone, it's too fun :B
2 Mings r pure win. With 3 nodes after BM u get 35% life, with 2 mings u r 5% positive and u loose 2 passives but u get 126% chaos and finish with +66% cha and 40% bonus chaos dps :D
as of the awakening patch how do you calculate cyclone dps? i've seen a thread saying you multiply it by 3, also some saying multiply it by 2, which is true? my move speed is +50%, cyclone attack speed is 2.58 unbuffed, 3+ buffed, and cyclone tooltip is 30k unbuffed, 50k buffed (blood rage, 4 frenzies, onslaught, atziri's promise), i dunno how much im dealing to mobs.
Last edited by Dragon_Bukid on Aug 9, 2015, 9:47:59 AM
"
NambrVan wrote:
2 Mings r pure win. With 3 nodes after BM u get 35% life, with 2 mings u r 5% positive and u loose 2 passives but u get 126% chaos and finish with +66% cha and 40% bonus chaos dps :D

agreed, double mings is disgusting dmg

but i probably wouldn't run them if i didn't have a BOTB/kaom's heart because the damage is always pretty disgusting! even with 4l kaoms primacy and no mings i was crushing.
What would be better if you can't afford legacy koams, botb or 500 koams?
"
valient_dude wrote:
What would be better if you can't afford legacy koams, botb or 500 koams?

500 koams
Did some research into jewel affixes (bored and still about 20ex from HH)

what do you think is ideal @crackmonster?

Crimson Jewel

Prefixes:
7% Life
16% Physical Damage
16% Physical Damage with Axes
14% Physical Damage with Two Handed Weapons
8% Attack Speed with Axes

Suffixes:
12% Melee Damage
12% Area Damage
5% Attack Speed

those are a list of the more relevant possible rolls, and we can get 2 of each in a perfect world...

I was thinking probably 7% Life and 8% Attack Speed as prefixes with 12% Area and 5% Attack Speed as suffixes. Or possibly some Chaos Resist for people who are using rare helm/headhunter instead of Devoto's. But with two perfect Ming's that's 126% Chaos resist which is only 9% off of capped so it wouldn't even necessarily need a perfect chaos roll (afaik nothing reduces your chaos res? or am i wrong?)
Last edited by alexvsevil on Aug 10, 2015, 5:26:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info