"
undelorth wrote:
"
pkirill wrote:
"
undelorth wrote:
Hi there!

Omg so nice weapon. How much ?

Crafted myself with fossils, so can't really price it.

I'd love to know what fossil's people are using too. I've got all 4 guardians now and just racking up some shaper frags now until I attempt him and would love to craft one up myself in the meantime.

Thanks, Matt
I have used Aetheric + Metallic + Sanctified fossils, if i remember correct.
"
Morkonan wrote:
Spoiler
XBox player, here, and I know that presents some difficulty for those attempting to answer specific questions regarding gear/stats, so I'll try to keep it "general."

Here are some relevant, I hope, character and ability stats. (Note: This is from the "Xbox" version, so any ridiculous weirdness between these numbers and what may show on PoB/other can be attributed to XBox reporting/analysis differences.)

Lvl 87

I only have a five-link Inpulsa's and a Skullhead equipped, with the rest being rares and an Abyss belt with Flask Duration on it and a suitable gem.

Hit Points: 4092
Mana: 2350
Str: 226 / Int: 407 / Dex: 108 (Gear not optimized, of course.)

Mana Regen: 186.7

Arc Stats reported by XBox:

DPS 19,427
Cast Per Second: 3.51 (Without any triggered buffs or Onslaught.)

Chance to Shock: 45% (no golem), 145% (with golem)
Shock Duration Modifier: +60%
Shock Effectiveness: +126%
Lightning Penetration: +47% (No Light Pen on gear, yet. Working on it.)

(Yes, Cold damage is added via gem, but only a five-link Inpulsa's right now, so no Hypothermia.)

Stats from gear that I have specific questions about:

Totals

+Elemental Dmg: +40%
+Spell Dmg: 74%
+Lightning Dmg: +39%
+Lightning Penetration: 0%

My First Question: In general, how should my +Spell Damage, +Lightning Damage, + Damage (if any) results look relative to each other? IOW, it appears there's a switch to +Lightning Damage weighting when acquiring Inpulsa's, to boost the power of the explosions. Should I regard that as always being the best to focus on, even to the exclusion of other +damage type mods, or is a mix of these stats, with just a weighted emphasis on +Lightning, the better choice? (This would require some forumlae calcs that just is not easy at all to do with an XBox character, so I'm just looking to get a general idea.)

Second Question: This regards Ahn's -

My current shield is:

Ivory Spirit Shield (Yeah, I know, but it works and is decent for the stats concerned.)

+16% Increased Spell Dmg
+29% Increased Spell Dmg
+49 Energy Shield
30% Increased Mana Regeneration Rate
20% Fire, %27 Cold

So, equipping Ahn's, I'll lose the Shield Stats in terms of +Spell Damage and, importantly, +30% Mana Regen. I'm wearing a Paula +30% as well as a few bits, here and there. I have never, ever, had any issues with mana at all unless I was getting my butt kicked for me... I can cast non-stop, all day with the current cast speed, though it may start eating into mana regen as I bump it up a bit and/or Inpulsa's kicks in. But, the mana leach also seems to work just fine, too, to keep it filled all the time.

I'll loose some gem stas when I replace them with the needed gems for the Ahn's combo to gain always-up Onslaught. But, that may be manageable, if very uncertain and tricky on XBox, due to lower player population and more difficulty in finding gear on the Trade Board.

And, so to the question:

Am I going to benefit much more in terms of dps, mana regen, and "killing power" vs "survivability" considerations if I switch to the Ahn's configuration now, before obtaining some other stat improvements that don't rely on the shield slot? Just how weighted/valuable should I consider the Ahn's configuration over all other choices? (Yes, I know, eventually it will be great. But, I have to get to that "Eventually" point, first.)

My last Question: How long will this mainhand last me?

Void Scepre

40% Increased Elemental Damage (Implicit)
Adds 17 to 28 Physcical
21% Increased Lightning Damage
+39% Fire Resistance (NOT MY FAULT! It came that way, out of the box..)
24% Increased Burning Damage (/shrug I didn't pick it, but it's extra I guess.)
33% Increased Spell Damage (Master)

I like the stick. It's decent and has three affixes I want, right? Getting one of the Uniques, right now, just isn't possible as the prices are pretty high. I'd be better off price-wise saving for a Watcher's Eye/Ring Combo, if I get lucky with currency and item availability.

I apologize for no ability to link my character. But, it's not my fault! :) If any further stats are needed, I'll try to supply them.

I have no issues with maps up to Tier 7, so far. But, single-target damage does seem to be a bit lacking, right now, perhaps due to spell penetration and cast speed being a bit lower than optimum? I've only ever died to physical damage bossmobs either in a confined space or when I get stuck on some ground element. Fight Duration "could" be a problem before I get single-target dps a bit better.

Anyway, even if any specific questions can't be answered, a general idea in regards to the subjects above would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

PS: I'm having a terrific time with this build! One of the best builds I've played so far and, without a doubt, one of the most remarkable and outstanding Build Recommendation pages I've ever seen! It's a beautiful build page with everything the player could possibly need to take up playing and building this Witch Build on "Day One." A beginning player, new to the game, could follow this guide to the letter and have a wonderful experience doing so! +9000 Internet Points to Enki! I will DEFINITELY be watching Enki for more build recommendations!

Hi from another xbox player as well, at least you have an inpulsa as I haven't but have to admit that I play SSF this league.
On Inpulsa's that most important attribute we are looking for is increased effect of shock max roll you could get is 40% here. Explosions is good for mapping so not bad to have between 8 and 10%. The rest is to ignore I mean life is still good even with 65 life.

Next point is Ahn's Heritage. This shield is the best u can use no matter if you have to sacrifice to other jewels in the passive tree. Even if you lose damage which I doubt as onslaught is way too mighty u still take the silver pot out and swap it with a sulfur flask (40% increased damage). Every crimson jewel you can corrupt no matter if they are magic or rare, at least those fragility jewels I do have. At least something.

Wondering you said 19k on arc which level your gems do have. Admit I am lvl 92 but still without inpulsa unbuffed town damage is already close to 30k.

You mentioned 45% chance to shock without golem, 145% with. It's not your golem that's our conflux Ascendancy which switching the different elemental alignments every 4 seconds.

If you do have questions message me on xbox Gt:i44i MustaSurma.

Cheers.
XBOX Gt I44I MustaSurma.
Bhaalberith Incursion lvl96 Elementalist Arc build.
BrindalynnOdessa Delve SSF lvl91 Elementalist Arc build.
Last edited by Nhmrath on Sep 24, 2018, 11:51:38 AM
hi, guy
what is on the red socket?
because your guide use 5blue 1green
"
Nhmrath wrote:
Hi from another xbox player as well, at least you have an inpulsa as I haven't but have to admit that I play SSF this league.
On Inpulsa's that most important attribute we are looking for is increased effect of shock max roll you could get is 40% here. Explosions is good for mapping so not bad to have between 8 and 10%. The rest is to ignore I mean life is still good even with 65 life.

It is max roll on Lightning and a few points from max on the other two meaningful stats. It cost me 6 ex. But, I tried for two weeks to buy other Inpulsa's with no success. Either they didn't accept my bids, wanted far too much for a badly rolled Inpulsas, or just didn't log in.

"
Next point is Ahn's Heritage. This shield is the best u can use no matter if you have to sacrifice to other jewels in the passive tree. Even if you lose damage which I doubt as onslaught is way too mighty u still take the silver pot out and swap it with a sulfur flask (40% increased damage). Every crimson jewel you can corrupt no matter if they are magic or rare, at least those fragility jewels I do have. At least something.

I'll try it out, today. I'll have to do some "figurin'" to decide what other jewels to drop, though.

"
Wondering you said 19k on arc which level your gems do have. Admit I am lvl 92 but still without inpulsa unbuffed town damage is already close to 30k.

DPS is now showing to be 21k, after an upgraded neck with spell/lighting/cast speed on it. (I was very happy when that dropped!)

Also, I don't have a 6 link, yet. None of the Inpulsa six links were worth what they were asking for them, since they were terribly rolled and just out of reach on price. (12+ex or so) So, I am running without Hypothermia. I know it isn't taken into account in the calcs, though.

All gems are just now dinging on 20 and I am starting the upgrade process. I didn't level all of the necessary ones in my alternate weapon slots, so it's going a bit slow. That's probably a good reason why my XBox Sheet dps is a bit lower than it should be. (I was having so much fun that I forgot. :) )

"
You mentioned 45% chance to shock without golem, 145% with. It's not your golem that's our conflux Ascendancy which switching the different elemental alignments every 4 seconds.

Gotcha. I'm used to the golem running about in my Hideout and changing my sheet stats as it moves back in range. That's likely the instinctive reasoning I used for that, having forgot to take into account the bonus from cycling elements.

"
Cheers.

Thanks much for the reply!

I'll incorporate the Ahn's today (Have two in my stash) and rework around that setup. That's likely a big boost, so I'll post back the results for a light comparison.

One thing about this build that's a bit different than others:

Once the player has a decent 5+ linked Inpulsa's, the build enables them to put all the mid and high-mid, maybe even more, Maps on "Farm" status.

There are a goodly number, even of SSF, builds out there that depend on uber gear to really shine. They can get "grindy" in mapping, struggling to clear the really good maps, just to have a chance to find "something" to give them that final key item so they can then "do the thing and get their build-completing gear."

This build just does not give a darn about that. The Inpulsa's is key, of course. But, after that, it's all gravy and being able to quickly clear rich maps is easily in reach, even with sub-standard gear, at least compared to the end-game gear.

I've played several SSF builds on Xbox, trying to compensate for the somewhat less than optimal Trade market it has. It has been better, this league, IMO, likely due to Delve and the influx of gear and currency from that. But, still, optimized items are hard to come by and it's not as easy as "Just search for it" on XBox as it may be on PC.

Thanks again for the advice!

PS - Some help, here: For comparison, what's your +elemental dmg, +spell dmg, +elemental Penetration and Cast speed? (And, any straight +% all damage you might have?) I'm trying to get an idea of where I stand on those variables. I should probably check the damage formula and manually experiment by plugging in some numbers to see what effects it the most.

Edit Add: I haven't completed my Uber lab, yet. That's 10% dmg, right there, so that helps to explain some differences. (Tried it twice, but made the mistake of doing it on a Saturday. I prob picked the wrong one boss mod to do it on, too. Anyway, fighting lag and worrying about crashes and disconnects is often more worrisome than boss encounters... :) )
Last edited by Morkonan on Sep 24, 2018, 4:02:12 PM
Hi Enki!

First - great build and even better guide! Thx for that.

Question - I got the Tabula Rasa and thinking which gem to equip for the 6th slot if Hypothermia is not an option yet? Any suggestions? Other 5 gems are already the same as suggested in the guide.
"
undelorth wrote:
Hi there!

I don't understand how to increase my damage further. According to PoB, even if i'll get somehow +1 Inpulsa's and double wrath watcher's eye, i'll wont be able to get to your level of damage from PoB link in first post. I have 300k dps without flasks against Shaper, while you have 450k. It's not much difference in items, you have slightly better jewels and jewelry, but i don't believe it can give me +100k dps (+1 inpulsa's and double watcher's eye will give me another 50k dps). Please help.

Spoiler

I think you should change your gloves for Command of the pit and add a Hypnotic eye jewel, with maybe double lightning dmg (normal, and with a shield) and life, or just shock/pen.

Also IMO your Amethyst ring could be changed to something with flat lightning or %, i see you have a ton of resistances there but maybe you can find something that has a resist base (two stone) and also adds damage.

And your amulet can definately have more than 6% spell dmg.
"
Ury401 wrote:

I think you should change your gloves for Command of the pit and add a Hypnotic eye jewel, with maybe double lightning dmg (normal, and with a shield) and life, or just shock/pen.

Also IMO your Amethyst ring could be changed to something with flat lightning or %, i see you have a ton of resistances there but maybe you can find something that has a resist base (two stone) and also adds damage.

And your amulet can definately have more than 6% spell dmg.

I'll have hard time balancing resists to be equal for wise oak, or even to just get resists to 75% without gloves and ring (89% now, very slight overcap). Also, i am very socket starving, so command of the pit is not an option.

UPD: i forgot that i can drop arcane surge from orb of storms with command of the pit, but i will still have troubles with resists :/
Last edited by undelorth on Sep 24, 2018, 4:50:53 PM
Just starting mapping, great so far. Just one question. My fingerless gloves have the implicit 16% spell damage. If I craft these after doing the labyrinth it says it will replace the implicit mod. Is it better to keep the 16% spell damage or shoot for the tempest/storm/light crafting mod?

Thanks!

are this gloves ok to this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info