Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
teknotronic wrote:
"
Grarth wrote:

Thanks for the elaboration. I'm still curious why the +1 chain is the preferred choice. It gives less damage than the 40% damage and the +1 chain itself does not provide any clear speed boost because every pack just blows up instantly with inpulsas.

The extra chain gives another 15% MORE multiplier to the first mob hit. Good for bosses, as you say the trash already blows up anyway, but another 15% more helps a ton with single target.

So the "more damage" multiplier increases the base damage while "increased damage" is just an additional multiplier?
If yes, good to know! If not I don't see how 15% are better than 40%. ^^'
"
Grarth wrote:

So the "more damage" multiplier increases the base damage while "increased damage" is just an additional multiplier?
If yes, good to know! If not I don't see how 15% are better than 40%. ^^'

Yes more damage is multiplicative, increased damage is additive.
"
DucYokpo wrote:

I have one mindfuck : attack speed or cast speed ??
I don't really understand how each one influence my DPS

Then, what's the next ?
I feel that i need a new belt and one of unique amulets.

Cast speed significantly increases your dps.
Attack speed does not affect your dps at all because you don't attack (you cast) but it increases the movmenet speed with shield charge (attack and no cast) significantly. So it allows you to move faster, increasing general clear speed and the ability to dodge damage.

First you should change your gem setup. The Orb of Storm needs to be in your gloves, otherwise their good shaper effect would be wasted. Maybe you can even increase Arcane Surge by a level that way (if the mana costs are high enough through that extra link).
Next you really could improve your belt. Stygians Vise would be nice. If you can afford it 90+ life, 80%+ total res and flask duration would be great. And a good abyss jewel with some of the suggested mods (see the jewel section in the guide).

But I really like your amulet tbh. Nice little dps boost with spell and lightning damage (cast speed would be better though), ok life and high res + additional leech is pretty solid. Not sure if the unique amulets can provide more currently, especially as you seem to need those resistances. If you don't need the resistances anymore on that slot, the unique options can help you with more survivability (spell block) or with the dex requirements. If you don't need those just keep yours or take another one that has life, lightning and/or spell damage plus cast speed to boost your dps even further.
First of all, thanks to everyone who took their time and answered questions here!

I'll now go over anything that hasn't been answered yet:

@hachel: Didn't see your edits during my previous comment. Mana sustain will come through the options i've mentioned, i've also added a mana sustain list with all pros/cons in the mapping section.

Auras don't have to actively be on your skillbar, just activate then put something else there.

@BustyBimbo: You could replace Lavianga's Spirit with a Wise Oak, since you have Mind of the Council you won't really need that flask anyway. That would also give you enough resistance to stay overcapped in Ele Weak maps, and allows you to switch one Opal Ring for Essence Worm + Wrath.
You're also missing two Fragility jewels to gain Onslaught with Ahn's, i'd recommend to switch out Carrion Essence and Soul Heart for those.

@valhallah: Aside from the things you've mention, replace the Quicksilver with a Silver Flask and one of the Life Flasks for a Basalt. I'd also really recommend to follow my passive tree, you're losing out on flask effect/uptime and attack/cast speed, and the leech from those shadow nodes doesn't apply to Arc.

@_Ventura: An attack speed roll on weapon and gloves would help with that, also quality and higher level Faster Attacks and Uber Lab for buffed Lightning Golem effect. To gain the needed dex you can use a Careful Planning jewel near Mind over Matter.

@Kreftan: You really only need one of those things for good sustain, with Watcher's Eye you should use a different helmet.

@phalen78: In addition to what babuino720 wrote, switch the Ash, Frost and Storm cluster for Alchemist and work on your flask setup. That alone will improve your setup a lot!

I'd also recommend to use a Careful Planning at Mind over Matter, so you can switch out that amulet for something better, and while you're at it also replace Asenath's and Le Heup.

Last but not least drop the Herald of Thunder setup and get a low level Arcane Surge (keep it Lv8-10, whatever is possible with your Orb of Storms mana cost), and overall switch to the recommended gem setup.

@DeTTer: Yeah it works well in HC. If you want some more room for mistakes, go with a full block setup.

@DucYokpo: I think Grarth answered all those questions, only thing I have to add is switch that Hybrid Flask for a Rumi's, to get more out of your block setup.

@Sw0rdSaint: With the current prices, i'd rather go for Lightning Golem enchant.
twitch.tv/enki91
Shock is capped at 50% right? so the increased effect of shock roll on inpulsa is not important?
Question about arcane surge and orb of storms. If I hover over the orb of storms gem scoketed in my gloves it shows 1 mana cost, but if I hover over the orb of storms tool-tip it shows a higher mana cost. Which one is used to determine the level I should keep arcane surge at? thanks
What support should replace the blind support in the Orb of Storms setup if/when you get the gloves with built-in blind?
"
joekriii wrote:
Question about arcane surge and orb of storms. If I hover over the orb of storms gem scoketed in my gloves it shows 1 mana cost, but if I hover over the orb of storms tool-tip it shows a higher mana cost. Which one is used to determine the level I should keep arcane surge at? thanks

The tooltip cost, it includes the support mana multipliers. The gem only shows its cost without any linked supports.
"
Ravennnnnn wrote:
What support should replace the blind support in the Orb of Storms setup if/when you get the gloves with built-in blind?

Enki likes increased AOE. PCOC could also be used for decent power charge generation.
"
teknotronic wrote:
"
joekriii wrote:

The tooltip cost, it includes the support mana multipliers. The gem only shows its cost without any linked supports.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info