Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
mynameishated wrote:
Hey, great guide.

One thing bothers me. In jewel section you advise either normal jewels for inpulsa explosions+shield charge or abyss jewels for shock effect. So generally by choosing abyss jewels you improve bossing instead of mapping qol.

Now can you elaborate how exactly this "increased effect of shock" affects the shock and our dps? What % of increased effect of shock should I achieve?

I assume that our jewels are multiplied by "100% increased Effect of Shock" from vaal arc and that's why it's effective?

Cited from: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

"The Shocks from your Hits always increases Damage taken by at least 20% mod from Elementalist's Beacon of Ruin will be increased by X% increased Effect of Shock, up to a cap of 50% increased damage taken. For example, with 20% increased Effect of non-Damaging Ailments on Enemies, the minimum shock would then be 24% increased damage taken.[4] An increased shock effect value of 150% is needed to reach the shock cap of 50% increased damage taken."

It is personal preference from what i understand, i have not seen the numbers of the power of shock effect since it is a hidden damage increase from tooltips.

I am currently trying it out, currently at 130% shock effectiveness with a couple of changes to passive skill tree and jewels.

Plan is to hit level 96 for a couple more damage nodes and then try and see how this build copes with high-end bosses.
@toiletdrake: Looks like you've already changed to a different glove/amulet setup. I personally find it an interesting option, but usually only really relevant at bosses.

I've updated the guide with an Uber Elder section. I've done two kills with an Ahn's Heritage setup, but find the new one more reliable. If you want to do Uber Elder, that Seething Divine Life Flask has to go, it won't help you at all in there. Updated the flask section in this regard too.

@Sharkz00ka: Gloves have upgrade potential, after that look out for a Watcher's Eye with Wrath Mana Leech mod for better sustain.

@anasme: Your character tab is currently hidden, can you please make it public in your privacy settings?

@Taifuniwe: Looks ok, just reroll that Life Flask, Seething prefix is pretty bad these days.

@mynameishated: It's mentioned in the Ascendancy section in the Beacon of Ruin explanation, since I feel that's where it makes the most sense. I'm at the post character limit again so can't make any more repetitive additions.

@185895: Since we have no other sources of "Enemies take x% increased damage", you can just multiply your total damage output with the added shock. Instead of 100% damage, the enemy now takes 100% + whatever your final shock value is, or as formula:

damage * (1 + (0.2 * (1 + shock effect)))
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jun 25, 2018, 9:16:39 AM
SSF rolling along at level 90. Finally chanced an Inpulsa at 89. All the difference in the world.

What are my low-hanging fruits for improvement?

Thanks again for your great guide and advice.
"
SSF rolling along at level 90. Finally chanced an Inpulsa at 89. All the difference in the world.

What are my low-hanging fruits for improvement?

Thanks again for your great guide and advice.

Grats! I'd say try to chance an Essence Worm next, look for new boots to prepare for the res loss on ring and then farm leech enchant in Cruel lab. After that, farm some shaper influenced maps until you get any Shaped Amulet, use the recipe to make it an Onyx Amulet and then try to craft a good penetration DPS ammy on that base.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jun 25, 2018, 10:37:44 AM
"
Enki91 wrote:

@anasme: Your character tab is currently hidden, can you please make it public in your privacy settings?

awww... sorry for this, should be good now?
"
anasme wrote:
awww... sorry for this, should be good now?

Yeah it works now. Gear looks overall not too bad, i've noticed that your Enfeeble is way too high level and that you have no spell other than Portal linked to the second CwDt setup. I'd also recommend an Eternal Life Flask instead, and replace the Quicksilver with a Basalt Flask.

After that it's probably time to save up for a Mind of the Council or Watcher's Eye for mana sustain, so you can replace the Mana Flask with a Sulphur Flask and when that's done, maybe a 6L Inpulsa's.
twitch.tv/enki91
look at my gear pl0x
Amazing build. Having a lot of fun with it, although playing Hardcore I'm having trouble surviving while leveling. I've died around Act 4-6 5 times now and having trouble staying alive. Just restarted on standard Incursion, but am very interested in getting this build up and running for me in Hardcore so I can play with my friends. They all play Hardcore. Any tips? Or am I being thick and not reading the guide properly? Any help will be much appreciated.
So I've followed the upgrade order and am up to step 5 but is there anything I've missed or can improve with my setup up to then? I didn't get elder/shaper gloves because I wouldn't be able to fit it in unless I got rid of my ruby ring.

I was thinking maybe changing Doryani's Catalyst but not sure if changing to a good rare would be a decent dmg boost.

Aside from that, I appreciate your work in the guide/responding to others. This is the first build I've spent so much time on and your guide helped a ton to reach this point. Thanks!
I'd love it if someone could point out any obvious flaws in my setup. I have been doing fairly well through early maps, but now both my squishiness and my lack of damage is catching up to me. I have died on my last 4-5 incursion attempts.
Last edited by Thirtyeight on Jun 25, 2018, 2:42:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info