Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

Do you think running a similar build with spark and some
Minor adjustments would be viable in hardcore?
@lulcake: Yeah Conductivity is not needed at that point, as we use different curses as aura with Blasphemy during leveling.

@chrEEz: Yes i've covered this in a previous comment. The socket issue only exists with the regular setup, and only if you either use two 6Ls, or have no 5L6S item.
Can't put a note yet as it'll put me over the 50k limit, and don't really have the time to shorten the guide right now.

Edit: Put a note up now.

@jboom4291: Think of it like this - the game consists of two major parts:

First part is the storyline, which basically is the progression through Act 1-10 and the first few Labyrinths and is meant to teach you about different game mechanics and prepare you for the second part.
While it's still exciting for the first few playthroughs, at some point people just aim to finish this as quickly as possible, some even play a completely different build for this and spec over to their intended build later. This whole part is often referred to simply as "leveling".

Second part is the endgame, which consists of mapping and other specific instances such as Atziri, Shaper or the Eternal (Uber-) Labyrinth. This is where most builds really kick off or even start to work at all, since you will have most of the passives, high gem levels and can start to wear endgame gear.
Most of the time builds are planned until Lv90-95, after that point exp gains really start to slow down and it's not a realistic goal for everyone. Just to give you an idea - once you've reached Lv98, you're about halfway to Lv100.

When talking about builds it's generally about endgame, as it's where you will spend most of the time playing. As for this specific build, we need Mind over Matter only for the endgame part.

@Newbell: Are your elemental resistances capped at 75%?

@chapmanfok: Use the 6L chest for Ball Lightning, unless you can afford two 6L Staves or one and want to gem switch all the time. Storm Call was an option, but doesn't synergize well with the duration investment in this build, thus i removed it while cutting down the guide.

If needed, buy a higher level Decoy Totem, Ball Lightning and Arc gem to make mapping easier, but you shouldn't really have any issues unless you rush map tiers too fast.

I've tried all minions and they're absolutely worthless if you don't fully invest into them, the few minion damage nodes we get from Necromancer don't really do anything for them.

@Senatar: I don't have much experience with Spark, so i can only say theoretically it should work, but i don't know how big of an issue the lack of projectile speed from tree will be.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Aug 25, 2017, 12:47:22 PM
Hi, i have a question about "Orb of Storms" this gem is not easy to handle, he create the orb only in my near, this makes that gem really ineffective in combination with curses, or what i make wrong?

sry for my english
"
m1nx wrote:
Hi, i have a question about "Orb of Storms" this gem is not easy to handle, he create the orb only in my near, this makes that gem really ineffective in combination with curses, or what i make wrong?

sry for my english

No, that's just how the gem works. For endgame it's just a temporary solution until Kitava's Thirst, which i highly recommend to go with. During leveling we use a different gem setup and don't curse with Orb of Storms, check out the leveling section for that.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
"
m1nx wrote:

sry for my english

No, that's just how the gem works. For endgame it's just a temporary solution until Kitava's Thirst, which i highly recommend to go with. During leveling we use a different gem setup and don't curse with Orb of Storms, check out the leveling section for that.

I do it, thank you.
"
Enki91 wrote:
@lulcake: Yeah Conductivity is not needed at that point, as we use different curses as aura with Blasphemy during leveling.

@chrEEz: Yes i've covered this in a previous comment. The socket issue only exists with the regular setup, and only if you either use two 6Ls, or have no 5L6S item.
Can't put a note yet as it'll put me over the 50k limit, and don't really have the time to shorten the guide right now.

@jboom4291: Think of it like this - the game consists of two major parts:

First part is the storyline, which basically is the progression through Act 1-10 and the first few Labyrinths and is meant to teach you about different game mechanics and prepare you for the second part.
While it's still exciting for the first few playthroughs, at some point people just aim to finish this as quickly as possible, some even play a completely different build for this and spec over to their intended build later. This whole part is often referred to simply as "leveling".

Second part is the endgame, which consists of mapping and other specific instances such as Atziri, Shaper or the Eternal (Uber-) Labyrinth. This is where most builds really kick off or even start to work at all, since you will have most of the passives, high gem levels and can start to wear endgame gear.
Most of the time builds are planned until Lv90-95, after that point exp gains really start to slow down and it's not a realistic goal for everyone. Just to give you an idea - once you've reached Lv98, you're about halfway to Lv100.

When talking about builds it's generally about endgame, as it's where you will spend most of the time playing. As for this specific build, we need Mind over Matter only for the endgame part.

@Newbell: Are your elemental resistances capped at 75%?

@chapmanfok: Use the 6L chest for Ball Lightning, unless you can afford two 6L Staves or one and want to gem switch all the time. Storm Call was an option, but doesn't synergize well with the duration investment in this build, thus i removed it while cutting down the guide.

If needed, buy a higher level Decoy Totem, Ball Lightning and Arc gem to make mapping easier, but you shouldn't really have any issues unless you rush map tiers too fast.

I've tried all minions and they're absolutely worthless if you don't fully invest into them, the few minion damage nodes we get from Necromancer don't really do anything for them.

@Senatar: I don't have much experience with Spark, so i can only say theoretically it should work, but i don't know how big of an issue the lack of projectile speed from tree will be.

Fire -> 19%
Cold -> 0%
Lightning -> -12%
Chaos -> -40%

I am thinking on buying this:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doryani%27s_Invitation_(Lightning_Damage)

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ventor%27s_Gamble
hi not sure if this has been asked but can we swap arc out for spark instead? would the tree have to be changed or can it be left as is?

thanks
IGN: The_Nutcase
@Newbell: Checked through your char, lots of gear is missing very important life rolls.

You should be able to get some decent gear with the life values mentioned in gearing section and atleast 2 good resistances for pretty cheap by now, and it will highly improve your survivability.
Jewels also need work, even just a magic one with life and cast speed will be better, and you will also need a Fevered Mind when dropping Voidbringers, which aren't very good for us.

Another issue is your flask setup, having the right flasks will do so much more than just 5 random life flasks. Check the flask tab in gearing section for that.

Last but not least gem setup, you're missing lots of survivability and damage potential there and your Kitava's Thirst is completely wasted right now.

@ToxicXfi: Yeah, please check my reply to Senatar in the last comment chain.

-------------------------------------------------------

Finished this build in Harbinger, was a pretty smooth run.

Spoiler

Lv90 Passives

Farmed Oasis until ~Lv70, got myself a +2 Lightning Staff through Jungle Valleys to start and worked towards upgrades. Used a 5L Pledge until Lv86 or so, then got lucky and six-linked one.
Overall gear cost was pretty cheap, only the chest cost me 80c, jewels were ~10c each.
Didn't even bother getting Empowers or Lv21 gems since my DPS was already good enough, and i knew i'll only play this until Lv90 anyway.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Aug 25, 2017, 12:44:36 PM
What would you suggest I upgrade from here? I feel like I am clearing a little bit slow in T8 maps at the moment. Also, should I be buying a level 21 arc before I get my jewels?
"
SleepyRobby wrote:
What would you suggest I upgrade from here? I feel like I am clearing a little bit slow in T8 maps at the moment. Also, should I be buying a level 21 arc before I get my jewels?

You could recolour your Pledge to replace Empower with Faster Casting and farm Merc Lab for the cast speed enchant on boots, this should increase your mapping speed alot.
I'd also recommend a Wise Oak if your Lightning Res is the highest of all three, replace the mana flask with it and switch one life flask with a hybrid flask.

After that, go for some proper jewels and it gets pretty close to my setup in the above post, so you're on a good way! If it still feels too slow after all these upgrades, you can still get that Lv21 Arc.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Aug 25, 2017, 6:09:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info