Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
deimudda69 wrote:
Could you explain why your normal lvl 90 tree is better stat wise than your lvl 90 cluster tree? Doesnt make sense to me. Whats the point in speccing into cluster jewels if your character gets weaker from it afterwards?

This build doesn't have that many extra points, so I don't think it's worth it getting the cluster jewels until a bit later than 90.

If you keep the pathing to Battle Rouse, the cluster jewels give a bit more mana regeneration at the cost of that little bit of life. If you get rid of Battle Rouse but keep the life nodes, you lose a bit of damage in return for more mana regeneration.
"
Aldonés wrote:
"
smplx wrote:
That's true, and it's good and all. Chaining back to mobs already hit could be strong potentially stronger than a regular AOE skill. I am more concerned about surviving in an arena woth 10 bosses present all doing deadly abilities at the same time while I have to stand in place to do damage. But I guess we will see - and maybe if those fight turn out to be a hit n run we could benefit from an unleash gem swap in.

I will probably start the league with arc elementalist unless I stumble into something else. Not because it looks like a particularly good league starter, but because I like arc as a skill too much - and finally no corpse effects so maybe I wont lag as much as in harvest. The only problem is that half the player base will play some sort of archmage build so good luck buying the required uniques. =)

The bosses will have a large part of their attention focused on Golems. It will also be very valuable to have at least one Ghastly Eye abyss jewel with minions have 3-8% chance to taunt on hit. Stone Golem has a taunt, but it is a 33% chance on a 4 second CD. Taunts not only deviate attention away from us but cause the enemy to deal 10% less damage to all other targets.

To further be defensive I always go with Vigilant Strike + The Vigil + Rallying Cry. For the cost of 2 gems + 1 jewel you get ~25s Fortify buff per Warcry (requires corpse and enemy close enough for warrior to attack). I can get that up to ~45-55s duration if I'm willing to put it on a weapon swap which would also allow for a possible Desecrate for backup corps generation.

Also true that golems are actually function as a meat shield. Hopefully they can survive somewhat during the fight and don't just fall over instantly at the same time and suddenly you have no defenses for 4 seconds. If that works out well I can see that it can actually work pretty well. And I guess we will see. :)
You seem to forget that golems gives us ailment immunity. If more than 1 dies, you get shocked, frozen, ignited and whatnot. I personally wouldnt risk to put my golems on aggro mode with taunt jewels on purpose. Yeah, the Boss will nuke on them, if it dies within those 5 seconds the golems will survive the burst, ok, win-win. But if not, you stand there with 0 golems, 0 buff effect and 0 ailment immunity for atleast 4 seconds. And in poe, you die in 4 seconds at least 12 times without mandatory protection.
Last edited by deimudda69 on Jan 14, 2021, 5:11:14 PM
A stellar job as usual Enki.

I notice that on your skill tree that you do a couple of thinks slightly different than I would. Minor difference I think though.

1. You took the 30 strength and 30 dexterity nodes near elemental overload. I would suggest that you spend the two points on Practical Application near our start area. This will net you a gain of 5 more strengh, 5 more dexterity, and 40% chance to avoid interruption from stuns while casting over your way.

2. by the bottom jewel socket, you extend out to the start area with the last point giving you +5 intelligence and 20% mana regen. I might take the first node on the right fork from out start area to get +14 energy shield and 25% mana regen instead.

3. goint north from our start area you take two crit chance nodes. I might respect those to go through Lord of the Dead instead to get more minion life.

Thank you for doing this every patch. I may not comment much, and sometimes I stray off into my own thing, but, I have been reading this thread daily since page 85. Hard to believe that was a little over 5 years ago. I really appreciate your work and that of the regular contributors.

Edit: I notice in the Weapons section that you list "Wrath has #% increased Aura Effect C", but I don't see Wrath in the gem setup. Though I do see you list it in the Rings section when you discuss Essence worm.
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
Last edited by Dspayre on Jan 14, 2021, 6:08:10 PM
Ailment immunity, yes but I don't expect there to be a big problem with Golems dying. They are immune to elemental damage which is a pretty big deal. Sure they might kick the bucket every once in a while, but I doubt there will be any major problem. I couldn't say which, but some Golems die more often than others.
thanks for all your responses. I am delighted to hear that this build will be able to beat end game bosses. As long as I know that the build is capable of doing all end game content, I'm going to go with it... I realize that I will have to sink more and more $$$ into the game the further I go, but I'm okay with that.

I guess it stands to reason that if it wasn't capable of beating all end game content, then it wouldn't be near as popular as it is...
I've been looking everywhere but can't seem to find anything that explains the playstyle for this build. I see that it has archmage in the set up as well as arcane cloak. Is this a playstyle that you have to monitor how often you are pressing your mana potion and arcane cloak to keep damage up?
"
Rowdietang wrote:
I've been looking everywhere but can't seem to find anything that explains the playstyle for this build. I see that it has archmage in the set up as well as arcane cloak. Is this a playstyle that you have to monitor how often you are pressing your mana potion and arcane cloak to keep damage up?

Mana flask us permanently up. I suppose it might run out of charges on bosses, but otherwise you have no problem sustaining 100% uptime. Arcane Cloak is often applied to left click. It's actually one of the more simple builds I play where 95% is Arc + movement.
"
Aldonés wrote:
"
Rowdietang wrote:

Mana flask us permanently up. I suppose it might run out of charges on bosses, but otherwise you have no problem sustaining 100% uptime. Arcane Cloak is often applied to left click. It's actually one of the more simple builds I play where 95% is Arc + movement.

What do you mean that the mana flask is up permanently? Do you mean you have to press the mana flask continually? Otherwise I don't know what you mean? How can a flask be permanent. I'm sorry I must be missing something
"
Rowdietang wrote:

From my experience last league I didn't feel the need to carefully manage cooldowns and pot, it's more like managing how much damage/protection you need at a certain moment.
It always depends on the current power of your character and getting the hang of it, but generally the simple arc unbuffed was enough to murder regular map stuff very quickly (and now it should be even more true with elementalist);
Facing a high hp/dangerous rare or league monsters? pop Cloak for a boost
Something that lasts more than 2 seconds? pop Sigil

It's probably a good habit pressing mana pot right after Cloak, to rebuild your MoM pool in case of sudden damage spikes that depletes Cloak's shield; other than that mana pot purpose is to keep mana value to an healthy level to support eventual prolonged casting/MoM triggers; be aware of the potential thorny situation where you already spent a good chunk of mana and pop Cloak, emptying your mana

That said, mana management of the build is quite different from Heist version, without The Agnostic, can't tell exactly how things will change before trying
Last edited by Beregondz on Jan 14, 2021, 7:27:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info