Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Mentoya wrote:
I wish it was possible to make this build be able to kill end game bosses. That's the only thing keeping me from playing it.
Otherwise it's the best build guide on path of exile....

Uhh... I've had no trouble killing Shaper and A5 Sirus on 10ex budget in Heist with Enki's Arc Necromancer build. I'm pretty confident I would've killed A8 Sirus if I played more and didn't suck as much.
Yeah, sure, you won't be able to delete bosses in seconds, but it doesn't mean you can't kill them.
Oh, for anyone concerned about the ability of Arc to clear 10 bosses, it's going to blow them away. Our calculated dps is assuming 0 chains, but it skyrockets in crowds allowing it chains to proc. I think it's 3+ mobs allows for the hit I chain back to the initial target.
"
Aldonés wrote:
Oh, for anyone concerned about the ability of Arc to clear 10 bosses, it's going to blow them away. Our calculated dps is assuming 0 chains, but it skyrockets in crowds allowing it chains to proc. I think it's 3+ mobs allows for the hit I chain back to the initial target.

I don't think an arc can chain its way back to its original target.
"
peterdink wrote:

"Arc cannot chain back to the same target immediately, and must bounce one more time before chaining to the previous target. Because Arc also forks with each bounce, it requires 4 grouped enemies to bounce back to the original."

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arc
"
Aldonés wrote:

That's true, and it's good and all. Chaining back to mobs already hit could be strong potentially stronger than a regular AOE skill. I am more concerned about surviving in an arena woth 10 bosses present all doing deadly abilities at the same time while I have to stand in place to do damage. But I guess we will see - and maybe if those fight turn out to be a hit n run we could benefit from an unleash gem swap in.

I will probably start the league with arc elementalist unless I stumble into something else. Not because it looks like a particularly good league starter, but because I like arc as a skill too much - and finally no corpse effects so maybe I wont lag as much as in harvest. The only problem is that half the player base will play some sort of archmage build so good luck buying the required uniques. =)
"
okaros wrote:
"
peterdink wrote:

"Arc cannot chain back to the same target immediately, and must bounce one more time before chaining to the previous target. Because Arc also forks with each bounce, it requires 4 grouped enemies to bounce back to the original."

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Arc

I stand happily corrected. Thanks for the education!
Hi Folks,

searching for a workable build for the next league. I've read backwards a couple of hundred pages, so I can see people are killing the heavy hitters (Sirus 8 and Uber) so that gives me hope. I watched bukfutters videos, to see the build in action, but he also has some top tier (expensive) gear

I'm familiar with all of the mechanics the build uses, as other builds I've played in the past used bits and pieces in different ways

my question is, where is the stop sigh in regards to gear and price? As someone who is chronically poor and unlucky, because of absolute punishing soul sucking rng, that will be the breaking point for me in gearing up.

which is the big ticket items? (more than 5ex) the watchers eye? the cluster jewels? an amazing wand?

without spending 30 or 40 or 50 ex, can the build kill the heavy hitters?

"
smplx wrote:
That's true, and it's good and all. Chaining back to mobs already hit could be strong potentially stronger than a regular AOE skill. I am more concerned about surviving in an arena woth 10 bosses present all doing deadly abilities at the same time while I have to stand in place to do damage. But I guess we will see - and maybe if those fight turn out to be a hit n run we could benefit from an unleash gem swap in.

I will probably start the league with arc elementalist unless I stumble into something else. Not because it looks like a particularly good league starter, but because I like arc as a skill too much - and finally no corpse effects so maybe I wont lag as much as in harvest. The only problem is that half the player base will play some sort of archmage build so good luck buying the required uniques. =)

The bosses will have a large part of their attention focused on Golems. It will also be very valuable to have at least one Ghastly Eye abyss jewel with minions have 3-8% chance to taunt on hit. Stone Golem has a taunt, but it is a 33% chance on a 4 second CD. Taunts not only deviate attention away from us but cause the enemy to deal 10% less damage to all other targets.

To further be defensive I always go with Vigilant Strike + The Vigil + Rallying Cry. For the cost of 2 gems + 1 jewel you get ~25s Fortify buff per Warcry (requires corpse and enemy close enough for warrior to attack). I can get that up to ~45-55s duration if I'm willing to put it on a weapon swap which would also allow for a possible Desecrate for backup corps generation.
I see a lot of people scared by the average bossing power of this build and the 10 boss arena.

I just want to say that GGG kinda admitted that this fight rewards are not tied to fighting stronger bosses (level wise yes, not mechanic-wise) which means that you do not need to fight crazy 8 guardians fights, you can just pick 10 regular map bosses without the map mods, and this build can handle such bosses perfectly fine.
Could you explain why your normal lvl 90 tree is better stat wise than your lvl 90 cluster tree? Doesnt make sense to me. Whats the point in speccing into cluster jewels if your character gets weaker from it afterwards?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info