Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Can someone give me an honest non bias opinion on how this build did last league? I'm thinking of running it again, as Necro's continue to get hit, but was wondering, did this build get you to end-game?

Judging by the amount of pages, I would have think it did okay, otherwise it would have much less popularity. But want some opinions on those who ran it and how far they got using this exact build guide..

thanks!

I got pretty far with the build, gear in my profile and poe ninja link in description of video. Just a demonstration of sirus a8. Idk if it's a fair comparison though cuz I literally crafted all my gear close to perfection cuz harvest was a bit broken.
https://youtu.be/Qd-1DEUVBzk
Last edited by MadChickins on Sep 14, 2020, 10:08:20 PM
"
Mentoya wrote:
Can someone give me an honest non bias opinion on how this build did last league? I'm thinking of running it again, as Necro's continue to get hit, but was wondering, did this build get you to end-game?

Judging by the amount of pages, I would have think it did okay, otherwise it would have much less popularity. But want some opinions on those who ran it and how far they got using this exact build guide..

thanks!

without running the following map mods:
- cannot regen life/mana
- 60% less recovery rate
- temporal chains
- elemental reflect

i was able to do:
- all maps (except HoGM, and racecourse map with the boss that casts reflect) ezpz
- 100% delirious T16 map with beyond (took me a while and some deaths, not deathless. but that could be just me, not the build)
- shaper/elder/uber elder/guardians
- delirium erm.. the 300 splinter thingey

i did A8 sirus 6 times: 2 deathless, lost all portals for 2

delved to about 250 depth no issue, had no motivation to go deeper. didn't manage to encounter Aul so unable to comment on that

i did cyclone in legion, summoner-cylone-cwc shenigans in metamorph, lacerate in delirium.
i'd say this build ranks amongst one of my most loved build in terms of... everything.

as i've posted before:
- arc is fire and forget, auto-seeking and chains. major QoL
- Mana serves as offensive and defensive with archmage, arcane cloak, MoM, Agnostic, and allows you to ignore life rolls on gear (thus making gear alot cheaper in trade league)
- minimum skills. 1 dmg skill, 1 curse setup, 1 movement skill, arcane cloak bind to left mouse click, and 2 vaal skills
- gearing was easy only because of harvest league. i'd imagine every build would face gearing issues after harvestcrafting is gone.
For me, I got to end game too.

Didn't manage to kill any Sirus, but tbh it's my fault for not knowing his mechanics (I didn't even know how to end his invulnerability phases :P )

I managed to kill elder/shaper pretty easily, uber elder/shaper I tried twice, and won once (but again, I didn't google the mechanics before, so I had to figure them out)

I ran lots of T16 maps with all kinds of mods/sextants (didn't go 100% delirious, but I did 60% OK) - ofc No life/mana regen and ele reflect were out of the question

I beat the Simulacrum

I did some metamorphs in lab easily too

I died a lot while doing this, but again, probably because I don't really know all the mechanics (and because my CPU is getting old, and POE asks soooooo much CPU :S )

Like the post above mentioned, the league was a bit broken with lots of awesome crafting available, but I didn't have the absolute godly-tier stuff others have (no jewel with corrupted blood cannot be inflicted to you, T2 offering on chest, T4 mana on chest, ....)
I'm also wondering if a better mind than myself can confirm whether the offerings need impacts us.

I love arc but felt stretched last league , although my gear wasn't optimal. Would love to give it another shot depending on how it sits after the nerf.
"
lovelevel60 wrote:
I'm also wondering if a better mind than myself can confirm whether the offerings need impacts us.

I love arc but felt stretched last league , although my gear wasn't optimal. Would love to give it another shot depending on how it sits after the nerf.

The less offering effect makes it quite a bit more squishy. Could even result in a mana problem, as we lose mana when being hit. No dps will be lost though imo.

If you felt squishy already last league playing this, i would recommend playing another starter like lancerate bleed or scourge arrow, etc. Quite a few have equal/better clearspeed with more single target dps, while still being tanky.
"
Mentoya wrote:

thanks!

Despite bad luck with DPS items i've done the majority of content in HSSF without much playtime.

-----------

The offering effect nerf hurts a bit but it was expected, and it's something that is easily countered by getting more block from other sources. Unless there's other changes in the patchnotes, this build will remain very tanky with enough DPS for everything except some very edge cases, like deep delving.

I've also got some further improvements planned to work on a few flaws the current build had.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Sep 15, 2020, 8:25:29 AM
Do you plan to add the new "sigil of power" to the build?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2933919

Spoiler
Sigil of Power
Sigil of Power creates a potent circle on the ground that grants additional lightning damage to you and allies standing within it, while also slightly increasing the cost of your skills. As you spend mana, the skill powers up in stages. Each stage grants more additional lightning damage. Once it's fully powered up, it also causes enemies standing within the circle to deal less damage.

This skill offers a way to empower your abilities while facing a difficult boss, providing additional damage when you need it. Its defensive properties can be really beneficial when you're able to keep the boss within the Sigil or against bosses that remain in one place.

Like the other spells mentioned above, this ability has a long cooldown and can take advantage of Second Wind if you'd like to. Increasing its area and duration also works well to extend the reach and lifetime of your powered Sigils. It works well alongside skills with the Archmage support to increase their mana cost, but other spellcast builds usually spend enough mana to fully charge up the Sigil.
Sigil of Power will be very dependent on how it scales, but the various shields might be worth looking into if SoP doesn’t pan out. If it exclusively provides flat lightning damage, I don’t see it being very relevant once you get a decent mana pool for any Archmage + Arcane Cloak. It’s duration and cast speed are also both unknown, though it appeared to me to have a low to instant cast speed. I’m really looking forward to coming back to Arc in Heist. I’ve been racking my brains coming up with how I want to play it. As with any starter build, must wait for the patch notes. As with any self-cast Arc build, must wait to see how Enki improves it and puts my preparation to shame.

Right now I’m leaning to Pledge of Hands staff. You get an extra 150% multiplier to Arc but makes you only have to spend mana every 4 casts when combined with Spell Echo. That allows for a 6L OoS or SB which can in turn be dropped in favor of Kaom’s Replica. The 3 staff nodes to get Whirling Barrier also provide some very good block. My overall goal is to be able to drop Clarity in favor of Wrath in Essence Worm + Supreme Ego as well as getting enough life sustain to manage RF if possible...haven’t figured out RF yet. Nope, I’m still looking. I haven’t discounted Ascendent either, but I have a feeling Ascendent-Necro will get self-Offering removed.

Edit: I forgot about SoP’s increased mana cost attribute. :)
Last edited by Aldonés on Sep 15, 2020, 10:07:35 AM
What other sources are you referring to mate @enki

I do love this build , would be really keen to run it this league.
Feel like I hit a ceiling , likely down to gear but I am very new so put it down to build - if you've got changes planned that sounds awesome.

(Dont know if you can see my character 'Remindsmebabyofyou' to confirm its gear)

Love your work anyways!
"
lovelevel60 wrote:
What other sources are you referring to mate @enki

I do love this build , would be really keen to run it this league.
Feel like I hit a ceiling , likely down to gear but I am very new so put it down to build - if you've got changes planned that sounds awesome.

(Dont know if you can see my character 'Remindsmebabyofyou' to confirm its gear)

Love your work anyways!

I can confirm your character is public, but I’m not about to do a gear check on a build I haven’t played in a year. Changes will be largely patch note dependent as well as any weak points the current build has I’m ignorant of. Entirely does make an effort to always make it beginner and starter friendly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info