Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
Sail686 wrote:
The only actual loss is Alchemist cluster + mana leech of any source.

Stone Golem could compensate the lower Life flask amount,
Golem Commander still seems to give more dmg than with 26% flask effect,
so only loss then is 2% attack and spell dodge, 11% chaos resi & ~1sec flask duration

"
[...]provided more and greater sources of mana on many items[...]

^ This and Clarity up to 33 mana reg (from 17.2) might get us enough mana pool and regeneration to drop Mind of the Council somewhen?

Or is Alchemist that mandatory? I'm a newb ;-P

As extra we get 30% shock effect, not plenty but well ... xD

During Betrayal (when I was a noob) I never specced into the Alchemy cluster for flask effects, and the build was still fine (granted I could do more to min-max the build before playing something else). Right now it's probably of everyone's better interest to have increased flask effect but I don't think it's an absolute necessity.

The build now does more dmg with more shock effect, so that's a good start. Scaling crit multiplier, gaining power charges/frenzy charges/endurance charges through different means and you can get 9 charges up at peak (3 charges max from 3 types). As for mana, I think a hybrid flask will do the work, having it means you'll not have to worry about running maps with No mana/life regen.

In terms of defense, with 2 dodge keystones untouched, I think either going for dodge investment or tanking some more hits is possible while having more means to do damage. I suggest EB + MoM, endurance charges/power charge and frenzy charge generation, some source for blind, dmg reduction (chaos golem) and about 7k effective life. That much alone should be enough to tank some hits here and there and can survive some heavy hits.
A filthy casual
If this is true, then I may play this league afterall, because Enki's guides blow everyone else's out of the water, especially for filthy casuals like myself.... I hope the format follows the format of this guide, that would be absolutely amazing!!!

Edit: Oops nevermind, just found out that his new build guide won't be a league starter build, and I rarely make 15 to 20 exalt, due to lack of time.....Oh well, sitting this one out. Next league I'll be back and maybe then there will be some interesting builds again. As of now, all I see is a bunch of average builds, or builds that will cost 20 to 50 exalt... No OP builds this league it looks like....
Last edited by Mentoya on Sep 4, 2019, 11:34:06 PM
"
actually with staff +3 to lightning gems, inpulsa with double corrupt +2 to duration and +1 to socketed, lvl21 arc, lvl4 empower gives us lvl31 arc and 10 chains, if u add helmet with enchantment "Arc chains an additional time" it will end in arc chaining ELEVEN times, thats massive, did they remove mana leech from wrath watcher's eye tho?

Lol. Now I'm curious how well this would work. Gotta do it on standard though so you can also get the +3 chains helmet enchant.

With the extra base damage from the arc levels, that would be approx. 440 extra base lightning damage on average (level 21 145-824, Level 31 328-1858). Or put another way, the increase is about the same amount as a level 24 arc. Interesting.

or

Dual wield wands to get all the nice mods and still be able to hit a level 30 arc for an average base damage increase of approx 395 with 12 chains.

Would the +3 lightning gem staff apply to our Wrath? If so, (level 23 19-306, level 26 23-375) approx 30 base damage there as well.

Almost tempted to play around with this on Standard. Have a +3 chains enchant helmet and onslaught boots there, but would have to pick up the corrupted Inpulsa and +3 staff. Have everything else though. Maybe towards the end of the league I'll have a look. Sounds like it might be fun.

Yes, they changed watcher's eye...

The mana leech while affected by Wrath is now Energy Shield leech while affected by Wrath. These two changes do NOT affect existing items, and cannot be obtained with a Divine Orb.

So, Legacy ones on standard stay the same though.

Extra thought,gloves.
Socket the arc gem in a pair of double corrupted (+1 socketed gems, +2 socketed duration gems) voidbringers (+1 socketed elemental gems)
-or-
Socket the arc gem in a pair of double corrupted (+1 socketed gems, +2 socketed duration gems) rare glove with the delve suffix +1 to Level of Socketed Intelligence Gems (faceted fossil)

Using the other gear you outlined above and a +3 chain helm to get a level 32 arc with +13 chains.

To really trick it out like this could get quite expensive though (another reason to do it on Standard).

Anyone know how you could get the arc level up to 36 for another chain?
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - Harvest Manifesto 3/10/2021

So unbelievably inane it has to be memorialized.
Last edited by Dspayre on Sep 5, 2019, 1:25:34 AM
After lots of comparing i've decided to stick with mana for 3.8. EB is only better at high investments, but way too gear restricting and the advantage of running two damage auras is offset by having to use a shield. Infact, I could get 20-30% more damage out of the mana version while keeping survivability equal.

Will start working on the update later this day, can't promise i'll be done today but it will definitely be finished before 3.8 goes live.
twitch.tv/enki91
I would guess getting Elemancer would be worthwhile. Throw in an Anima Stone in one socket, and you could have one of each of the old golems at 320% increased effectiveness and be elemental ailment immune. You're dedicating 5 gem slots which is harsh, but all L20 gems grants:
- Lightning: 37% attack/cast
- Flame: 84% increased damage
- Ice: 126% increased crit chance
- Chaos: 16% phys res (21% if you get the gem to L22)
- Stone: 441 hp/sec.
- Liege Bonus for 5 golems: 100% increased damage
Obviously these could go up if socketed in say a +3 helm.

Just to see...if all but Lightning were in a +3 helm, all L21 gems, and 3 Primordial Essences + Anima Stone (5 gems and 4 jewels spent, 6 total golems at 460% increased effectiveness):
- 21 Lighting: 56% attack/cast (would have to reach L25 to increase the buff)
- 24 Flame: 117% increased damage
- 24 Ice: 179% increased crit chance
- 24 Chaos: 28% phys res
- 24 Stone: 711 hp/sec
- Liege Bonus for 6 golems: 120% increased damage

Extra 3 jewels + 4 gem levels grants:
- 19% attack/cast
- 53% damage
- 53% crit chance
- 12% phys res
- 270 hp/sec

@Enki I do not plan on starting Arc, but may pick it up mid league. I consider these changes a massive buff to the Elemancer Ascendency. By making yourself elemental ailment immune, you can dedicate 2 flask suffixes to tankiness or simply swap for a different unique.
Last edited by Aldonés on Sep 5, 2019, 2:11:55 PM
Sounds good Enki, can't wait to see your results ;D

ye Golems could give rly strong buffs, but you'll have to sacrifice either elemental reflect immunity & life leech or that Beacon of Ruin rendering your shock & chill quite low i guess (not sure how high Arc could shock with its single hits vs life, guess its quite low)

You can get all those Golems to lvl 23 with global spell gem increases on weapons, aswell as clarity lvl 23, wrath up to 25 (woo next 1% dmg xD)
Orb of Storms 24

@Dspayre - Wrath's flat damage only counts for attacks ;)
Last edited by Sail686 on Sep 5, 2019, 5:40:30 PM
"
Enki91 wrote:
3.8 Update in the making! Please save yourself all data you may need...

Hey, I made an Wayback Machine archive of this page as it existed a few minutes ago. Just in case people want to refer to the old build later:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190905202859/https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951

Thought it might be helpful?
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
"
Phaeded wrote:
"
Enki91 wrote:
3.8 Update in the making! Please save yourself all data you may need...

Hey, I made an Wayback Machine archive of this page as it existed a few minutes ago. Just in case people want to refer to the old build later:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190905202859/https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951

Thought it might be helpful?

That's indeed useful, thank you! Will start updating the thread now.
twitch.tv/enki91
Hey Enki, you should try dual fishing rods again.
"
Sir_Brucible wrote:
Hey Enki, you should try dual fishing rods again.

LOL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info