[2.1] Berserking Reverse SWT Searing Bonder || The original Searing Bond Atziri killer

Thoughts on these changes to the tree??

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAfA6nVVugQ8hPBKIA8B9o8gSzgpvtIOFzlnS2hpBVJy_sOGP9euZxhcAaGjhG1zwt_lQNzStQHM49D8T2CfbUfAYOJ-199WSEPydKyG6qtfI1kti9_gq3Psau-ehBh5itKPqCx1NSRZ2a4OvucXkXHBJpna6nCLiT7FUqjUkbNtjxbKyY99eboY9GvDc5UngvWAdfKnRVVcY6WNsLgh4UsEwtEQ-MRiu2EMz4k6PyWitY5WaeKhOmV03j_o864fJFakPAVLzqaxeVIMHzCPT-s1crvYJtGUz_r2w=

Lost
38% Damage
Chaos Resistance

Gained:
much more mana regen
much higher base mana

Should be able to:
can run much higher level clarity
run high level if not level 20 AA

update:

Changes are looking strong so far. Enough mana regen for level 20 AA and to still be able to summon all the totems. Lost about 450dps so far and resistances are are still in the 205% range so good news there.

This is my tree I am with currently:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAi4z53XwOp1VboEPITwSiAPAfaPIEs4Kb7SDhc5Z0toaQVScv7Dhj_XrmcYXAGho4RtdaK1jlZp6j8ioTPC1M_69s_lQNzStQHM49D8T2CfbUfAYOJ-2MRiu2EMzGrti9_gq3PmSEPydKyG6qtfI1kqZXTeP-jzrh8kWCx_noQYdTUkWdmuDr7ij62t2nCLiTcXkXHBJpna68NzlSeC-boY9GWAfsVSqNSRs22PFsrJj311XGOlhfKnRV2wuCHhSwTC0RD2pDwFS86msXlSDB8wj0mK34kw==

with this gear currently equipped

level 20AA ( i know the gem isn't 20 but I have the mana regen for it now) and can run clarity + a 60% aura + a 40% aura no problem (level 19 red. duration). You could run ele wekaness + a purity of "x" as well if you cant fit them all in.

Last edited by Kartikdon on Jan 15, 2015, 5:40:18 PM
new reply for an important question:

Do totems have an armor value? I was looking into this and the difference between determination and no determination seemed very minimal. If this is the case we don't need to bother with it anymore and we may be able to modify the build to fit all 3 purity auras in at once.
Hi man!
Been checking out your build and leveling a templar with your build, looks really fun!
Still haven't started really using it (slow player lol)
About your question, I don't find anything about it but my guess is that they don't have it because: notice how in the passive tree they are no totem armor passive, but phys dmg reduction passive and in poe gamepedia they do talk about base totem elem resist but never talk about totem armor.But idk man, maybe you should test with and without determination on the same mob to see if there is a difference in the damage taken by your totem
Finally, keep ut the good your work! Should also post new videos with AA to see it in action
(did look a little bit squishy in your vids without it) :)
As an option - I agree, there's a possibility of determination having no real effect, but what about a high / max level vitality? Does it work with totems?

Additionally - I sort of scoffed at the concept of endurance charges, but those add a flat 4% physical damage reduction, no? I recently read (I think it was on the wiki) something about totems getting the bonuses of charges that are on a character, but they can't generate charges for themselves. Would shifting over to a manual cast Enduring Cry, grabbing the easy Endurance charge node (+1 charge, and the support for + duration) be worth it in light of the possibility of the +16% phys damage reduction and the additional local suppore from the AA? I would be concerned over the EC otherwise, I seem really squishy. Screaming "HEY HIT ME!" is a bit concerning to me.

Last of all, would running something like blood rage (+1 frenzy on kill) be worthwhile at level 1? The advantage of the higher levels if I'm not out of my gourd, is increased life leech (useless), and possibly reduced incoming damage? It's a degen, which will be counteracted at least slightly by the concept of vitality, and might get the totems to do the turbo-warp thing a bit better.

Last edited by GothicHippy on Jan 20, 2015, 8:08:40 PM
Vitality is a strong idea for sure but I dont think it will make a noticeable difference where it would matter. Not sure if it works as well, easy test though.

If totems gain the benefit of endurance charges then this would be a great boost in defense for them. Not only physical but elemental as well. Grabbing more endurance charges will be great for the build if this is the case and swapping to a manual cast will work.

Increased duration does not effect charges, only immortal call btw. So these points are not needed unless you want a longer IC. if EC effect totems you will feel much more tanky with quite a few endurance charges hovering around your character. Though the negative is simply having to pay more attention to having to pop IC yourself.

Blood Rage does not reduce incoming damage. I wouldn't run blood rage for the charges.

Really like the EC idea though, we need to get this confirmed.
Nah, I was looking at the node on the templar passive tree that increases the duration that you have the charges, ideally heading for minimization of the amount of times you have to manually cast EC.

Totems use the player's own skills as though the player had cast them, and therefore skills cast by totems are affected by Charges on the player.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Totem

That's the quote and link that I was referencing, need to grab an EC gem and level it to see what happens with 3 charges up on a semi-perma basis. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to let you know what I think of it later tonight, but no promises.

RE: Vitality - Maybe. I picked up a gem and I'm leveling it, but it's a bit of a pain to tell with it at low levels, though the local regen is kind of nice, leads to less potion outages / usage, seemed like it made it a bit easier to kite about.
Passive Tree has been updated to reflect the changes previously made to run AA as well as taking an extra endurance charge for extra totem defenses.

Note: Still need to update the gear section to reflect the changes to CWDT

I will record some new videos showing AA and endurance charge stacking probably this weekend.

update: Ran some maps with the changes and I like it a lot. Manually casting EC adds a nice bit of depth to the build so it makes it feel like you always are doing something rather then casting and running. Ran some extra projectile maps and I it definitely was a lot hardier, noticeably. Only time I found myself throwing up immortal call was vs charging mobs.

No need for the extended duration node on EC. You have plenty of time to keep it up in between totem casts and curses.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jan 21, 2015, 11:57:58 PM
Just would like to say this is a Super fun build. happened to be given a soul mantle on my first day playing and then discovered the lightning bonder build after. Excellent to run as a solo mapper and MF char. Extremely cheap to make and level and never feels too OP'd or boring.
Back again with more tips / tricks / ideas -

Vitality - Nerp. Really not doing much for the totems, though I find it fits my playstyle well, so I run that and a level 15 clarity, still no EB, mana regen is just shy of 100 mana / sec, seems to work nicely.

Trickery - It appears that Lightning warp has 3 Variables that affect warp speed:
1 - Cast Speed
2 - Duration
3 - Move speed.

From Le Wiki :

The base time between the cast and resolution depends on the straight-line distance between the two points and caster movement speed. If it would have taken 3 seconds to move straight from the position where the spell was cast to the teleport location, the teleport will take place after a base of 3 seconds. x% increased Movement Speed will decrease this base time. The Reduced Duration gem will also reduce the time between the cast and the actual teleportation. It is not possible to completely eliminate this duration because there is a hidden 0.1 second delay added to it.[1]

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lightning_Warp

Thus - To get them really cranking - Run Faster Casting + Reduced Duration + Leveled Lightning Warp in the Soul Mantle, then spark a quicksilver. I've been using one with Faster Charge Recovery, but realized that I needed a Removes Bleeding flask, so it's not +charges and Removes bleed, have to see how that pans. From some basic looking, it does appear to have an affect. This would also mean that cranking up the move speed on your boots (get that 30% yo.) is also quite useful.

Gems to Quality -
If you're like me and love those 20Q gems - The following are what I would get to 20Q and why / why not -

Curses -
Ele Weakness - Get that to 20Q. Should give .4% more resist reduction - meaning 20 / 20 is something like a -47% to resist vs 39 for L20 gem. Breakeven if you level to 20 and then burn a GCP to get L1, Q20 gem is level 7, a nice easy run.

Don't +q flamability. Sear can't ignite, flamability bonus to chance to ignite. Was o' GCPs.

Warpy Totem -

Lightning Warp - So, I just did the L20 flip on this, and holy bojangles. The bonus is 1.5% cast speed per point. Q20 gem grants a 30% bonus to cast speed, which also affects your totem placement speed. (Dropped me from a .77 to a .51 cast time on warpy totems)

Reduced Duration - Yep. More reductions, though it could mean a really short lived totem. (I'm guessing something like 6s at 20/20. User beware there, if you don't have a screaming mana regen, that could break you.)

Faster Casting - Obviously. More Cast Speed = Best Cast Speed

Minion Resists - No brainer. Do it.

Searing Totem -
So, oki, this one gets tricky. Have the 20Q is imo, extremely useful, as it's 60% additional life for your anchor totem. That's awesome. The downside is that if you were to take it to 20 and then burn the GCP, you've effectively shot yourself in the foot. If you're going to do it, have a back up. Personally, I've burned 18 GCPs so far, need 2 more and another 55M xp to have a 20/20 sear.

Increased Burning Damage - Nope. Bonus goes to chance to ignite. Not useful here.

Empower - Eh. If you've got the currency, go for it, the bonus xp gained could get you a higher level one faster, but in the grand scheme of things, might not be worth it. (It's 40ish chaos to get enough to max out the XP bonus, very unsure if it is enough of a gain to really notice for leveling the empower.)

If you're really tight on mana, and have linked your curses to a reduced mana to compensate, you might think about doing a Q20 on that as well, though you would have to get Reduced Mana back to 11 to be back where you were previously at L20.

EDIT -
As a potential (though either long term or expensive) damage upgrade - Herald of Ash says that the bonus is .5% increased Fire Damage per quality point. Would that damage bonus affect the searing totems? Is it worth the mana reserved / cost / time to get a 20Q herald?
Last edited by GothicHippy on Feb 5, 2015, 6:01:04 PM

I've accidentally ended up 6 linking my soul mantle with 2 fusings (RNG has a sense of humour), so I've whacked in a Reduced Mana and blind, for me blind is a pretty useless support as it rarely seems to have an actually effect, but it doesn't increase Mana costs so i guess its alright for now. i was wondering if you have any suggestions as to supports?
IGN= The_BloodRaider

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info