[2.1] Berserking Reverse SWT Searing Bonder || The original Searing Bond Atziri killer

I like it. Something viable that isn't just "build of the month"
ign: orosmoltenstrike
build thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/918546
hey it's me again :P

does the burn damage from searing bond counts as ignite?

cause, if it's not then does it proc celestial punishment?

currently using this build, melting all content so far :P

EDIT : I did some reading, Searing Bond does not ignite enemies, it only burns them. So i guess Celestial Punishment is a no go :(
Last edited by GunVaizel on Jan 5, 2015, 11:43:34 AM
Celstial Punishment is fine if you plan on running vaal lightning trap (VLT). This is a great tool to have b/c it makes some nasty fights, especially those that can be found in corrupt maps, a lot easier by allowing you to just incinerate things quicker. VLT providing chocked ground will boost searing bonds damage by 50% and another by 25% from celestial punishment.

The draw back to this is no lightning warp. I no longer run VLT so I have dropped celestial punishment from my tree.

"
I like it. Something viable that isn't just "build of the month"

Glad you enjoy it :)
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jan 5, 2015, 1:24:47 PM
Small Update:

Posted a little bit of an explanation on the gear used to prevent magic damage. All classic set ups but I wanted to provide it for those who may not have high level map experiences and have not learned the value of over capping your resistances.
Hey, I have 2 questions:

1) If you have 5L what would be the the best gem for it?
2) What do you think about adding arctic armor to your defenses, would it be viable/worth the effort?

Thanks
1) 5L you have a few options. You can use Blind to help further the defense of you and your totems. You could even just put a quality spell totem there as well. The higher gem level spell totem gem will override the level 14 base on the armor allowing for more survivability of your Lightning Warp totems.

Really you can put any utility you want here.

2) AA would be a rough choice because totems, especially spell totems, cost a tremendous amount of mana to cast. The build just does not have enough mana regen to allow for AA to be ran to a level that will be effective.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jan 5, 2015, 5:12:29 PM
really nice build.

i thought of the warp totem combination a few leagues back when i played SB, but didnt pull it off, very happy to see someone put it together.

one thought:
why not use 20% quicksilver flasks for 6sec curse immunity to counter the constant curses?
since i play HC leagues i didnt like the idear of using my insta life flasks for the curse removal

maybe you should give that a thought.
on the other hand looks like you dont need it atall.

gz on a really fun looking build.
"
Kartikdon wrote:
1) 5L you have a few options. You can use Blind to help further the defense of you and your totems. You could even just put a quality spell totem there as well. The higher gem level spell totem gem will override the level 14 base on the armor allowing for more survivability of your Lightning Warp totems.

Really you can put any utility you want here.

2) AA would be a rough choice because totems, especially spell totems, cost a tremendous amount of mana to cast. The build just does not have enough mana regen to allow for AA to be ran to a level that will be effective.

"
ustinov wrote:
really nice build.

i thought of the warp totem combination a few leagues back when i played SB, but didnt pull it off, very happy to see someone put it together.

one thought:
why not use 20% quicksilver flasks for 6sec curse immunity to counter the constant curses?
since i play HC leagues i didnt like the idear of using my insta life flasks for the curse removal

maybe you should give that a thought.
on the other hand looks like you dont need it atall.

gz on a really fun looking build.

You totally can put it on your quicksilver flask. I just have my current setup up cause at the time I ran out of alterations to make it optimal then I kept using all of my alterations on maps and never really changed them.

I have not really had the need to optimize the flasks anymore as well.
Hey,so I started a multi-totem templar for torment, came across this and shamelessly pirated a huge portion of it. I'm thoroughly impressed with the damage out put, holy cow though, never not run in freaking circles. I've just hit 71 and some thoughts I'm having -

Why level lightning warp? I'm not seeing a benefit, and leveling it cranks the mana cost up by about 2x. Would having the lower cost on that enable using fewer mana nodes?

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAWAd4L5uhj0anCLiTMtFFR2usN0f53aPyWivDE1jlZp760viTjEYrthDMxq63PkGH-eiCxyj66-7Yvf4KTwRDyPAfogBkhD8nSshuqrXyNZL-j03jFm_jajbpJKoEs4uMwGbhc5o7gpua4EWdU1LtIDlSvDf-VA3NK1Aczj0PxPY8LZBVJy8aOBpsna5xeRccEmn316yY8Ww22DpYVcZJGyqN7FUn7QYO1HwJ9sAamK3a3Qag-b1fKnRVlnS2hnGFeuZj_UbXpleD27EFuNCBr9o6

That's the 85 build I'm looking at, has similiar HP boosts, though I'm trading mana for raw damage output, as well as I'm looking at Totemic Zeal. Recasting totems is being more of a pain in the tail then anything else at the moment. (Also, if it weren't for my helm needing it, I'd be so happy to drop that blasted Dex node.)

Thoughts?

EDIT - A thought for your setup - why not pull the enduring cry (endurance charges are nice, but they last 10s, boost to you and totems at the expense of making you a target), put the molten shell with on the CWDT and put a reduced mana on your curses to further lower you mana needs?
Last edited by GothicHippy on Jan 9, 2015, 11:12:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info