[2.1] Berserking Reverse SWT Searing Bonder || The original Searing Bond Atziri killer

"
GothicHippy wrote:
Hey,so I started a multi-totem templar for torment, came across this and shamelessly pirated a huge portion of it. I'm thoroughly impressed with the damage out put, holy cow though, never not run in freaking circles. I've just hit 71 and some thoughts I'm having -

Why level lightning warp? I'm not seeing a benefit, and leveling it cranks the mana cost up by about 2x. Would having the lower cost on that enable using fewer mana nodes?

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAWAd4L5uhj0anCLiTMtFFR2usN0f53aPyWivDE1jlZp760viTjEYrthDMxq63PkGH-eiCxyj66-7Yvf4KTwRDyPAfogBkhD8nSshuqrXyNZL-j03jFm_jajbpJKoEs4uMwGbhc5o7gpua4EWdU1LtIDlSvDf-VA3NK1Aczj0PxPY8LZBVJy8aOBpsna5xeRccEmn316yY8Ww22DpYVcZJGyqN7FUn7QYO1HwJ9sAamK3a3Qag-b1fKnRVlnS2hnGFeuZj_UbXpleD27EFuNCBr9o6

That's the 85 build I'm looking at, has similiar HP boosts, though I'm trading mana for raw damage output, as well as I'm looking at Totemic Zeal. Recasting totems is being more of a pain in the tail then anything else at the moment. (Also, if it weren't for my helm needing it, I'd be so happy to drop that blasted Dex node.)

Thoughts?

EDIT - A thought for your setup - why not pull the enduring cry (endurance charges are nice, but they last 10s, boost to you and totems at the expense of making you a target), put the molten shell with on the CWDT and put a reduced mana on your curses to further lower you mana needs?

Hey gothic, we level lightning warp for the increased reduced duration that comes with the gem level. We want these things to warp as fast as possible. If you were to run a 5L+ Soul Mantle we could add in a quality spell totem and boost the survivability of the lightning warp totems that way allowing to drop the levels of lightning warp. But since I wanted to keep the price as low as possible we leveled the gem in exchange for higher mana costs. ill be sure add an explanation of this into the guide later today.

I would not remove enduring cry. The point of these are not to last 10 seconds but rather to give duration to immortal call. For high end maps and atziri, you will want this. This classic gem set up adds a large amount of survivability.

Honestly, Molten shell is pretty meh. If you watch my videos I rarely even use it. I try to remember to cast it but the difference between it on and off in the build is pretty low. I just have not decided what else to swap it with. I kind of just pop it when I come across targets that do many small consecutive physical hits.

Looking at your tree you take the round about way of grabbing the int nodes and dex node leaving the templar start and avoid the mana regen node as well as Sanctity. In my opinion you are swapping to a lot of unnecessary nodes just to save 1 point and lose out on a lot of life regen (always great) and mana regen. I think overall they are worth taking for the 1 extra point cost and just drop a 5% HP node from the scion wheel.

But right now I am in the process of seeing if I can drop EB or not to save those 5 points. Doing this will benefit the build greatly by picking up things like totemic zeal and even more damage. We shall see though :)
wow cool build :D why is this not BotW yet GGG? :P

quick questions: why dont you drop 2-3 Life Nodes in the Sion Wheel to get Shamanistic Fury? Is EB really something you need? and the last question: why do you have no 4L Helm/Gloves with 3 Auras and Reduced Mana? :P just drop molten shell :>

i think this is the next build i will try *_* this should be much more fun then a pure 3 LW Totem build
Glad you like the concept Yogoff :)

I didn't grab shamanistic Fury because I was not sure what I wanted more, the life or the damage. I am going to be updating the tree with some minor detail tweaks here shortly. I wanted to do them this weekend but I have been out of town.

EB is on the testing board to how much it is really needed. But those spell totems cost quite a bit. EB was a decent idea at the time but now, not so sure.

only running 2 auras at once so linking them in the shields is fine. just did some changes though so auras are in a new slot.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jan 12, 2015, 4:27:33 PM
small changes. Put clarity back into the mix instead of molten shell.

In regards to removing EB: I highly suggest keeping it. You can run the build without it but your total MP pool will be much lower and your mana regen will suffer. With totems costing upwards of 150mp per on just a 4L you will have mana issues.

update:
in response to shamanistic fury and totemic zeal, i feel that both of these are decent to take after you have fully established your defenses, hp pool, and mana regen. Doing some manipulation with my tree in regards to my post 85 build points and I now have almost 14.2k dps
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jan 13, 2015, 1:57:48 AM
Hey there Kartikdon!
I am playing a variation of this build since a week or so and it's a lot of fun. I am lvl 75 right now and at 8k dps with a lvl 17 searing bond gem in a +3 wand linked to totem resistance and inc burn dmg with 2 pyre rings.

I actually specced out of EB two days ago and have to say it's absolutely playable right now. I am playing with only purity of elements and clarity though. I am quiet a curse junky so I usually spent most of my mana with excessive dual cursing. To minimize the curses effect on my mana and for the fun of it I am using a lvl 1 lightning ball with curse on hit linked to my two curses. It works quiet well and reliable and allows to curse targets far ahead from you while your spell totems do their work offscreen ;)

I am not sure how long I will be able to live without EB as I am only doing level 70 maps right now (damn you RNG) and as totems may die faster on higher level maps I may need to recast them more often and thus need a larger mana pool. Right now I can basically cast one SB and two Lightning Warp totems and have to wait two seconds before I could recast a new spell totem for 158 Mana.

I love Searing Bond and this build makes it even more fun. So thanks for sharing!
So - finally drilled 81 recently, tool tip is showing 10.6, I'm still really happy with my build. I've been running mostly as a duo (FP Shadow, cause holy cow, cold damage and they synergy from EE + Ele weakness works rather nicely for boosting cold damage)

Without EB, I agree, mana gets screwy fast, thus far I've been able to run with a divine flask (gives 3 bumps of mana) without a + charges and it's held up reasonably up to some of the 74 maps. However, how much of an issue did you have with Jungle Valley? I just ran a white version, as I figured that the spiders were going to be a mess, and was unable to clear the last room due to cast speed of totems is what it felt like. Is this one of those situations where +run speed on flasks is most vital, or is it just a miserable boss to get through? (Lack of chaos resist gear definitely does not help.)

EDIT - Forgot - I'm fairly new to PoE, and don't know how the math works, but if you can level the lightning warp to 20, get the +Q, would it have about the same speed at level 5 Q20 as it does at L20, thus allowing to shave on the mana cost, or do you feel that even having Q20, still level it up? (I realized after you pointed it out, that it gets a duration reduction. I felt a bit dumb after reading that. :S)
Last edited by GothicHippy on Jan 13, 2015, 1:14:45 AM
"
kaotisch wrote:
Hey there Kartikdon!

I am not sure how long I will be able to live without EB as I am only doing level 70 maps right now (damn you RNG) and as totems may die faster on higher level maps I may need to recast them more often and thus need a larger mana pool. Right now I can basically cast one SB and two Lightning Warp totems and have to wait two seconds before I could recast a new spell totem for 158 Mana.

I love Searing Bond and this build makes it even more fun. So thanks for sharing!

Hey Kaotisch,

Glad you are enjoying the build concept. Not running EB is viable but there are situations where even a quality searing bond can drop fairly quickly. For fights where totems die fast I find it better to throw in multiple searing bonds throughout the room to thin out the masses before sending in the lightning warp totems. This is mostly because the LW totems are stuck at gem level 14 unless you change this with a 5L, something that is unnecessary if you ask me.

EB and clarity are really a hard counter against situations where you have to spam totems and I probably would suggest picking it back up before heading into mid 70's maps. Adding quality to your searing bond provides a tremendous amount of extra life by the way, great for those swarm of mobs.

Keep us updated on how things go for you :)
"
GothicHippy wrote:

Without EB, I agree, mana gets screwy fast, thus far I've been able to run with a divine flask (gives 3 bumps of mana) without a + charges and it's held up reasonably up to some of the 74 maps. However, how much of an issue did you have with Jungle Valley? I just ran a white version, as I figured that the spiders were going to be a mess, and was unable to clear the last room due to cast speed of totems is what it felt like. Is this one of those situations where +run speed on flasks is most vital, or is it just a miserable boss to get through? (Lack of chaos resist gear definitely does not help.)

EDIT - Forgot - I'm fairly new to PoE, and don't know how the math works, but if you can level the lightning warp to 20, get the +Q, would it have about the same speed at level 5 Q20 as it does at L20, thus allowing to shave on the mana cost, or do you feel that even having Q20, still level it up? (I realized after you pointed it out, that it gets a duration reduction. I felt a bit dumb after reading that. :S)

Hey GothicHippy,

81, nice progression man!

In regards to Jungle Valley this is a map best left for tri searing bond totems I find. The boss fights provide no issues for my character. Tri totems throughout the room keeps the extra mobs in check. Also keep yourself distance from the boss as well. I tend to drop 1 SB on the boss or near him and drop the other two totems in positions that will best maximize its killing spread. There should not be a boss that gives you any trouble, especially with almost 11k dps. Try some new tactics, LW totems are spectacular but for large AoE fights its sometimes best to drop all searing bond totems.

@14.2k dps I find I want as much reduced duration on the Lightning Warp as possible. Everything just dies instantly anyways so the faster it moves, the faster it kills, the harder it is to hit. Go for gold really but quality is not necessary.
I am a monster :) Playtime is at 5D 5H 58M and 56 deaths. Embarassing really, I came out of merciless at 11. Mappage is hard. Well, having gear that was self found in normal when mapping isn't the best idea. Also, not having more then 1 4 link when starting mapping, also, probably bad. It was an interesting start. Needless to say, I've geared up a bit since then -

Spoiler

Gloves and helm are self found, scepter was 4c, chest was 1c 1 alc, shield was 4c, pyers were 3c each, amulet was 4c, belt was 4c (I think). Biggest hole in my gear is that I have little to no chaos resist out side of the +life / res passives.

Yea - I know - open slots in a few places (green in helm is for purity of ice), no warpy for me, tbh, I don't mind running around the maps, it helps me remember to be cautious, as I'm really squishy, as well as really probably should add enduring cry or something to my boots, debating over adding temp chains, it means that I'll have to play fiddly games with casting curses, but I wonder if it would give me time to repostion (RUN AWAY!) after getting hit.

So, effectively, I've gotten some pretty amazing gear for under 25c. The last character I ran was a 2h mace mara, got him to 91 during Dominion / Domination (Bloody shrines challenges) and needed to spend 15 ex on a 6L chest when I built him.

Also, funsies - my map to 85 - the only thing I really want is a +38 dex / 12 light / max life amulet so I can max out purity of ice. (+max res + pots. 93 res vs elements ftw.)

Spoiler

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAWAd4L5uhj0anCLiT-d2j8lorwxNY5Wae-tL4k4xGK7YQzMautz5Bh_nogsco-uvu2L3-Ck8EQ8jwH6IAZIQ_J0rIbqq18jWS_o9N4xZv42o26SSqBLOLjOFzmjuCm5rgRZ1TUu0gOVK8N_5UDc0rUBzOPQ_E9jwtkFUnLxo4GmydrnF5FxwSaffXrJjxbDbYOlhVxkkbKo3sVSftBg7UfAn2wBqYrQag-b1fKnRVlnS2hnGFeuZj_UbXg9uxBbjQga_aOqdVW6Bo8nwO7DimVzrh

I'm going to continue burning around with this guy, might roll a second character for the league, but all told, I have to say, this really is a brilliant build and has been a great deal of fun to play with, thank you for posting it.. So far, I'm not minding the need to play games with mana pots, especially working in a pair. I recommend finding a heavy cold dealer sometime and watching chaos erupt, as there's nothing better then dropping sear totems on a pack of frozen mobs and watching them melt.
Last edited by GothicHippy on Jan 13, 2015, 5:37:01 PM
"
GothicHippy wrote:
I have to say, this really is a brilliant build and has been a great deal of fun to play with, thank you for posting it..

Thanks man :)

Playing with a freeze character wounds fun. I will need to pressure some friends into rolling one. The only problem I see with this is that they probably will not be able to run as many map mods as this build haha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I rolled a new character and utilized all the loot I got from atziri farming. Twinked out a hybrid RF character and I have to say... Just no where near as fun for me. I downed atziri at 75 with him but it just felt, meh. Near perfect Catalyst, perfect Invitation, 40% Belly 5L, 200+ total resists so dual curse will not effect me and enough mana regen to run level 20 AA.

The dude has some pretty solid clear speed, what build with that much currency in gear wouldnt? But i noticed one big thing... My warping bond build can take out the most challenging of fights far safer and easier then he could.

I think it is time to take this build a step further but not sure where to start. Taking many suggestions but ideally I want to work in a max level AA now as well without sacrificing damage or totem defense. That is the trick :)

time to min/max this character and see what some currency will do for the build.
Last edited by Kartikdon on Jan 15, 2015, 4:32:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info