Races Start Tomorrow and Lots of PvP Updates

"
Reinhart wrote:
Looking at your profile, you already got a Three Dragons and Fairgraves for skinning (which both look AMAZING ingame). Don't know why you are complaining.

I'm complaining that the new race format is underwhelming for common players and mostly designed to cater to extreme nolifers, rewards-wise. Compared to seasons like 7 & 8, where everybody got something nice, with great items at 135 pts, in season 9 & 10 common players havent much to look forward too.

Yea, I dont like this change. I dont like that GGG uses the money of 10.000 supporters, to design stuff for 200 people. Just compare season 9 with previous ones and you'll see that participation dropped quite a lot.

I'll still play a bit in this season, mostly because of D:C & shorter races, but it wont prompt me to involve myself too much, because some crappy rings is nothing too work forward to (compare with PvP (tournament) prize pool)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Dec 22, 2014, 5:31:29 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:
Looking at your profile, you already got a Three Dragons and Fairgraves for skinning (which both look AMAZING ingame). Don't know why you are complaining.

I'm complaining that the new race format is underwhelming for common players and mostly designed to cater to extreme nolifers, rewards-wise. Compared to seasons like 7 & 8, where everybody got something nice, with great items at 135 pts, in season 9 & 10 common players havent much to look forward too.

Yea, I dont like this change. I dont like that GGG uses the money of 10.000 supporters, to design stuff for 200 people. Just compare season 9 with previous ones and you'll see that participation dropped quite a lot.

I'll still play a bit in this season, mostly because of D:C & shorter races, but it wont prompt me to involve myself too much, because some crappy rings is nothing too work forward to (compare with PvP (tournament) prize pool)

I can understand your feeling. On the positive side these season races look more fun than the previous ones.

It was in the latest podcast that they gave me the impression that the structure of season 1-8 is not intended anymore for the future. If you want to put pvp on the same footing, that will take development time out of other parts of the game.

But then again if it is no fun, why bother? If after some time PvP doesn't offer me any satisfaction, I'll just stop participating.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Alabamak wrote:
I deleted all my PvP characters, its shit guys. I played FFA and it was soo, soo bad experience.

yeah of course!
PvP always sucked in all ARPG's. It will always be unbalanced crap where one build auto-wins against another build (if both spent enough exalted on gear)

pvp is just an unrewarding boring waste of time.
When the 'hype' is over pretty much nobody will play pvp anyway except the same 3-5 guys^^
It will be just like in D2, except GGG wasted a lot of time for implementing and balancing something almost nobody really wanted...

instead of solving the real problems they did implement pvp and nerfed everything good.

Still desync, most uniques still are worthless, still not a lot of use for chaos orbs, still RNG in every aspect of the game, still not much endgame content, melee is even worse than before 1.3, still all those broken 1 shot spike dmg mechanics, crit is much worse now but still the way to go because besides burn and minions no-crit builds still dont do enough dmg for lategame...
While you are at balancing, could you please do something about the phyilacteral link or whatever it's called. It's the most un-fun mechanic I have ever seen in games.

At least make it so that we can leech life from invulnerable mobs.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Today's post discussed a lot of bugs that we don't normally focus on in the news, but we feel it's very important to have transparency about important topics and their solutions.

Sorry don't know how to correctly quote Chris, but I don't understand...

Isn't there's only one bug in this post (Guild stash bug) or am I missing something?
I'm still getting a client crash once a day. This started with 1.3, and I never had one in many hundreds hours of PoE before.

My concern with PvP is that it overshadows everything else and sucks up development resources like a black hole. The game really needs a consolidation period where nothing new is added and old stuff is fixed, including client optimizations (weather toggle, for example).
"
Reinhart wrote:
It was in the latest podcast that they gave me the impression that the structure of season 1-8 is not intended anymore for the future. If you want to put pvp on the same footing, that will take development time out of other parts of the game.

But then again if it is no fun, why bother? If after some time PvP doesn't offer me any satisfaction, I'll just stop participating.

Well, that's too bad, cause that format had something for everybody. Nice lower rewards for common players and GG rewards for competitive players. Longer season, more races for everyone to 'catch up' to the tier they aspired.

Races itself are of course fun even without rewards (especially D:C & ledge), but nice milestone items add to that feeling of accomplishment that you are working toward a rewarding goal. The current season has a bunch of crappy items at lower milestones and then an amazing item + art at 500 pts (note that only 100 people got to 500 last season).

IMO the previous format worked perfectly well for everybody, no need to shun away more (casual / common) players with a nolifer-centric format.

Just my two cents. I'll still participate in Descent Champions, cause that race is awesome.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
My opinion on how to fix CoD for pvp;

1. If an opponent dies from CoD, the CoD'er always dies second, leaving no draws. This is how it used to be before patch 1.3.

2. In FFA events a; kills - killed scoring system is used instead of total kills. If this isn't a strong enough measure then...

3. All kills after a CoD event results in no kills awarded.

I don't think the solution is to just nerf CoD damage. It would basically make CoD useless in all instances of the game.

You can make hybrid caster/lightning bow, CoD characters as well, which is a legit strategy I think for 3v3/CTF. Use CoD as a secondary skill to take out your opponent(s), if they are not careful enough.

It adds a different meta. It makes the matches more strategic, so opponents can't just barrel through and kill willy nilly.
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_
Last edited by Dopamineloveaffair on Dec 22, 2014, 8:38:49 AM
Wow this race season looks like the most boring ever, maybe most brutal as well. No endless ledge? Might just go for 50 or something, too many races of these kinds bore me out so quickly, even DC.

"
azraelb wrote:

PvP always sucked in all ARPG's. It will always be unbalanced crap where one build auto-wins against another build (if both spent enough exalted on gear)

pvp is just an unrewarding boring waste of time.
When the 'hype' is over pretty much nobody will play pvp anyway except the same 3-5 guys^^
It will be just like in D2, except GGG wasted a lot of time for implementing and balancing something almost nobody really wanted...

instead of solving the real problems they did implement pvp and nerfed everything good.

I'm with this guy.
About CoD : this gem only has use in pvp right? Now that people actively use it they nerf it for PvP? This is pretty absurd, but whatever, PvP in ARPG's is like a single player campaign for a Battlefield game : too much dev time wasted.

I mean EU HC PvP events have like 60 people, EU Non-HC like 260. And that is at its peak probably, is it really worth doing all these efforts for the amount of people in my street?
Last edited by leto2626 on Dec 22, 2014, 8:55:41 AM
That Alpha's howl looks pretty sick.

I'd be quite interested, but honestly (and not to sound bitter), I know I'll never get enough points, so I'm not even going to try.

But I'm sure I'll run some of these more for fun, and get some lower prizes.

Keep up the good work, GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info