Races Start Tomorrow and Lots of PvP Updates

"
I was really hyped for this league and came back to PoE but now you gave me a reason more to leave.

1. PvP Events on Standard why not the new League where everyone would start new ?
2. Since the start of PoE there is a LLD community in standard
3. And another way to just win with good gear, skill doesnt matter here.

http://i.imgur.com/MTWlqgj.jpg Top Tier LLD Gear - try to win against one like this just with Low or Mid Gear.... no chance

But anyway have fun guys, i will check out the race ladder just to see the same top 3 every time...

well go ahead and leave

you said you "came back" to PoE, so you've obviously been here before

what happened to all the gear and currency you had ?

ALL gear your earned in the temp leagues got moved to the permanent leagues so go ahead and use it

and take one of your high level chars in the perm league and farm Normal Piety for items, then craft and search http://poe.trade/ for more items

there you go:
use existing items,
grind,
craft,
trade

now you've done the same thing ALL the other high level PVPers have done
now you have items
go PVP

but of course grinding, crafting and trading takes work and time

so much easier to just come on here and complain and rage quit

"
Chris wrote:
Tomorrow marks the start of Race Season Ten. It sees the return of Descent: Champions and includes Descent burst races.

The previous race season you guys killed races for a lot of people. Making the rewards, specially the interesting ones, cost more points than ever, making the season shorter (like 2/3) and still giving a crap number of points to the average player. Combined with the usual horrible schedule, balanced around people that can play this game 12 or more hours per day.

Will this ever be changed or are races already dead for the players who have a life?
♠RaGoN♦
Thanks for making the reace season slightly better than SE09 (but still much worse than older seasons), with more short races, instead of long drag ones & return of D:C

But the reward pool is still horrible for common (casual) players and all the effort is again concentrated for extreme nolifers (= 100 people). Instead of uninspiring rings, you could throw in some nice art armor or helmet in the low prize range, for skinning. If you dont have time to develop new art, you could re-use old art, nobody would be too pissed.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Year.

at last champion races come back. I am so happy about this.

The last race season was a pain.

The prices are like last season verry descent the only nice

price is the flask, but thats ureachable to me.

But i will play the funny races and about the points and prices i dont care.

So happy racing again to everybody
"
jamesl wrote:
"
I was really hyped for this league and came back to PoE but now you gave me a reason more to leave.

1. PvP Events on Standard why not the new League where everyone would start new ?
2. Since the start of PoE there is a LLD community in standard
3. And another way to just win with good gear, skill doesnt matter here.

http://i.imgur.com/MTWlqgj.jpg Top Tier LLD Gear - try to win against one like this just with Low or Mid Gear.... no chance

But anyway have fun guys, i will check out the race ladder just to see the same top 3 every time...

well go ahead and leave

you said you "came back" to PoE, so you've obviously been here before

what happened to all the gear and currency you had ?

ALL gear your earned in the temp leagues got moved to the permanent leagues so go ahead and use it

and take one of your high level chars in the perm league and farm Normal Piety for items, then craft and search http://poe.trade/ for more items

there you go:
use existing items,
grind,
craft,
trade

now you've done the same thing ALL the other high level PVPers have done
now you have items
go PVP

but of course grinding, crafting and trading takes work and time

so much easier to just come on here and complain and rage quit

I dont rage quit a game i supported since open beta ;) I read in the forums and reddit everyday even if i dont play it at the moment.

Sorry that i dont only play PoE and farm my ass of with bad RNG luck to get items. I have also other stuff to do and at the moment there are about 5 games i enjoy more than PoE.

Not everyone has the time to do that stuff, i never played standard since the first league came out, yes i got stuff from those leagues but not really much because i had bad luck with RNG and wasnt playing 5-10h a day.
Even if i farm the same amout all those high level PvPers did, means not im at their stage..RNG..

What would be so hard to make it like Endless Ledge or Descent Races you start with 5 chest get items and Gems to make a Build - Every new race there should be new chests.

Everyone would start at the same and skill to make a build and play with it would matter and not only gear. I think that would also bring back people to PoE, because you can just make an account and play it.

"
A222 wrote:

basically you want to be in top 10 but don't wanna do as much as anyone else in top 10. legit.

Not really i even dont need to be top 100 but i dont play a pvp race where the only fact that matter is gear.

And you cant compare the amound of time in an RNG game, someone get high end gear in PvP/PvE in some days/weeks and another one get mid gear in 1year+ with the same playtime a day.

"
cutt wrote:

What's stopping you to acquire similar gear? Dude, it's ARPG, gear will always be a factor. Unless you want everyone to start in similar gear in PvP.

Yes it is but why do it all the way like this and in races where you can win stuff.. so there are no lifers that play 10+h a day and there are casual players that not even play 2h a day.. I dont need all that gear and i dont need to be top 10 i would just like a game where the skill matters and not only the gear.
❝ Wraeclast SAIN†S ❞
Last edited by KateMossOfficial on Dec 22, 2014, 3:59:14 AM
"

Yes it is but why do it all the way like this and in races where you can win stuff.. so there are no lifers that play 10+h a day and there are casual players that not even play 2h a day.. I dont need all that gear and i dont need to be top 10 i would just like a game where the skill matters and not only the gear.

Your suggestions how to make it considering it's an ARPG based on loot?

I think you are playing a wrong game if you want the gear to be a non-factor.
IGN: Iworkeout
I deleted all my PvP characters, its shit guys. I played FFA and it was soo, soo bad experience.
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

Anyway, I find it pretty sick that you can have a 6-link for LLD...
Most fun ever had in PvP!

great changes GGG!

i'd also like to see an iCal for the whole Race & PvP seasons if thats possible :)

Beta Member Since 2010
"
morbo wrote:
Thanks for making the reace season slightly better than SE09 (but still much worse than older seasons), with more short races, instead of long drag ones & return of D:C

But the reward pool is still horrible for common (casual) players and all the effort is again concentrated for extreme nolifers (= 100 people). Instead of uninspiring rings, you could throw in some nice art armor or helmet in the low prize range, for skinning. If you dont have time to develop new art, you could re-use old art, nobody would be too pissed.

You are not obliged to participate. Doesn't seem like much fun for you anyway.

Also prizes reappearing, would upset a lot of people. Then it is not exclusive anymore.

Looking at your profile, you already got a Three Dragons and Fairgraves for skinning (which both look AMAZING ingame). Don't know why you are complaining.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info