[1.3.x] The Arctic GroundCoC

"
Because i was bored in Standard and wasn´t in a modd to play the Beta i decided to make some Videos about Builds i enjoy playing.

so her is a video about my version of the build.

https://youtu.be/8e-K6jv_vDA

Nicely explained, I'll add this to video section.
You probably should try to speak slightly faster though, as explanations end up being too long.

WB is so infuriating to use in closed spaces though (Cells / Dungeon and such), without MS on boots it is hell there.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
"

WB is so infuriating to use in closed spaces though (Cells / Dungeon and such), without MS on boots it is hell there.

I´d rather poke out my eye with a rusty spoon than playing Cells or Dungeon anyway, no matter if i use WB or not XD

But yes, it is a problem in the end of the video you can see me desync back a whole screen even in a open map... i guess that will get a lot better when Lockstep hits.

Oh and glad you liked the video. :)

btw: i did a Atziri run and it wasn´t that bad after all.... had a bit of bad luck with Flameblasts and i would switch out the PoI for a PoL and maybe even HoT for a PoF.

I used Moltenstrike + Flamesurge + GC + Conc for bosses and switched back to GS for mobs.

You really need a PCoC Setup to get your charges up in Bossfights but it wasn´t that hard to do with my Balllightning+PcoC.
Should really try that, its just amazing how strong BL is in this build... i can clear 78 maps only using Ball lightning (BL-PcoC-ManaLeech-added Cold)
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on May 9, 2015, 3:07:39 PM
Yeah I'll probably use BL setup in the next version.
I haven't thought about it before. BL's rapid hits synergise really well with PCoC gem.

Can't test it now sadly while playing in beta, and after playing with loot filter I can't bring m,yself to return to playing live anymore.

Last edited by Shajirr on May 9, 2015, 7:37:41 PM
"
BL's rapid hits synergise really well with PCoC gem.

Not really, you can only get 1 PC per cast. I use it over ice spear because it works better as fire and forget thing, with ice spear you can miss your taget, BL will allways hit something with all the AoE + Carcass
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Really nice build, started a new shadow recently.

Was able to switch to CoC when I hit lvl 56 (when dagger and mace became available)

Gear

Looking forward to switch to a divinarius once I hit the level requirement.

Edit: Completely forgot about Doryani's invitation too! I can finally put it to good use as it's been in my ambush remove only stash for a looong time.

I don't really get other people's comments about mana not sustainable and no resistances. I am nicely overcapped (all above 100% except fire with PoI) and it takes 18 ground slam hits consecutively before I am out of mana. If I am, I just pop my surgeon's mana flask and I'm fine for another 18.

Thanks for this build!
Last edited by negusmaster on May 21, 2015, 11:50:01 PM
Will you replace GS with Ice Crash?
"
negusmaster wrote:

Was able to switch to CoC when I hit lvl 56 (when dagger and mace became available)

Gear

Edit: Completely forgot about Doryani's invitation too! I can finally put it to good use as it's been in my ambush remove only stash for a looong time.

I don't really get other people's comments about mana not sustainable and no resistances. I am nicely overcapped (all above 100% except fire with PoI) and it takes 18 ground slam hits consecutively before I am out of mana. If I am, I just pop my surgeon's mana flask and I'm fine for another 18.

Thanks for this build!

Nice to hear it´s working out for you, just somethings you should consider:

1. For the Dagger a "Kris" base is the most important thing, because you get global crit from it. I´d prefere a white "Golden Kris" over a Divinarius anyday.

2. You will trade over 100 Life for 1% Leech with a Doryanis. I really would only use Doryanis in a build with Amazing amount of life allready or in a CI/ Low Life build when you dont need life at all.
It´s a really big tradeoff, especially in this build that is honestly quite starved for life allready. You get a decent ammount of life from the tree but with Dualwield, Rats Nest, Maligaros, Carcass we have a lot of gear slots that cant have flat life on it or dont have a high ammount.

3. You really want to get your auras/Heralds up, i guess you dont have them atm because you need mana for leveling.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
"
Frollino wrote:
Will you replace GS with Ice Crash?

Can someone test this?

The question is - does it allow only 1 activation per cast, only 3 activations (according to wiki skill has 3 stages?), or works similar to Ground Slam and allows to get an activation per each enemy hit
Ice Crash will be crap.. it can´t use multi Strike and has 25% less attack speed, bonus is high one hit damage.

With CoC you want as many attacks per second as you can get... and don´t give a crap about the damage the attack does...

So even if it can proc 3 times per attack, its still alot worse.

Also it is allready confirmed that the main target does not get hit by the Stage 2 + 3.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on May 24, 2015, 10:00:24 PM
"
"
negusmaster wrote:

Gear

Thanks for this build!

Nice to hear it´s working out for you, just somethings you should consider:

1. For the Dagger a "Kris" base is the most important thing, because you get global crit from it. I´d prefere a white "Golden Kris" over a Divinarius anyday.

2. You will trade over 100 Life for 1% Leech with a Doryanis. I really would only use Doryanis in a build with Amazing amount of life allready or in a CI/ Low Life build when you dont need life at all.
It´s a really big tradeoff, especially in this build that is honestly quite starved for life allready. You get a decent ammount of life from the tree but with Dualwield, Rats Nest, Maligaros, Carcass we have a lot of gear slots that cant have flat life on it or dont have a high ammount.

3. You really want to get your auras/Heralds up, i guess you dont have them atm because you need mana for leveling.

1.For the dagger, I thought my rare one had 80% crit when I bought it. RIP. Divinarius is actually working out really well for me. No mana flask necessary anymore and my crit chance is almost 46% without charges.

2.I didn't really see that much damage gain but the leech actually helps me a decent amount (as well as my resists)

3.I'm going to look into replacing them.

Gear Update:
"

Lost a bit of life and reses, but got tons of offense. (Still all reses maxed)
Last edited by negusmaster on May 27, 2015, 7:06:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info