[1.3.x] The Arctic GroundCoC

OMG OMG

lol got lucky :)
anyone still doing this build ? :) party pls wanna see it in action
I can show you sometime although I am maining a cycloner atm.

@LeShreddr
Hi, I would like to thank you before all.
Could you try to upload your tree again please, because when I want to see it, it say to me that the tree can't load.
Thanks for this build again ;)
I will get around to updating this some day. Not sure when though.

Thoughts for now:

a) new Hyurri's Ire is extremely beneficial for defense, I don't think Carcass is viable with the new damage levels that enemies deal now. Plus it has a ton of evasion, our other gear also has Evasion - meaning that scaling evasion with passives is actually a great idea now.
Alternative would be Daresso's Defiance, which will allow to use IC. Hard to chrome though.

b) Shock Nova will probably be better than Glacial, due to its ability to shock and massive AoE which has similar coverage to Ice Nova.

c) Frenzy Charges provide insane dmg boost now, but their best source, which is Blood Dance boots, conflicts with Atziri's Step, but again, you can't deal damage if you're dead.
Other source, which is Blood Rage, is probably manageable, but requires to get life regen somewhere.

d) Doryani's Invitation goes to the trash bin, now a rare belt with as much lifa and STR as possible should be used instead. CwDT-Warlords should take

Currently testing a new version of the build with Cylone and two Novas.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jul 14, 2015, 5:40:47 PM
I used a respec in standard to try the build for the league...

Worked well so far, tried start of Act 4 and then a 78map.

I have to say i am realyl suprised how well it works, new Refelct on rares does not hurt at all, life is ok in my Version too, did not die once in the 78 maps with extra fire damage.

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABLMFQgW1Bx4I9AmqDdEOSA-rEQ8RlhZAFm8WvxhqGjgbyB0UIG4i9CSqJpUnLylPKgswcTY9Nuk5UjpCOlg62DwFPV9BlklRS3hMs1AwUlNVS1XGWAdZ813yYeJirGNDZlRmnmpDa7dsC2yMbRltbHBScNVyqX_GgpuD24V7hX2J04uMjDaNv49GkFWSfZMnlS6XlZf0mG-aO5uhnaqf36IArJisqq6ztUi86sBUwGbAms_d0B_Q9dQj2fzbXtwj3ajjauXP53To1uw473zv6_Af8NXxivPq9zL31_nd-tI=?accountName=ZweihundertMorder&characterName=Jesuslatscher

Gear:

Singletarget is still a really big Problem, even with Flamesurge + GC.

I don´t like the idea of using Shock Nova, the AoE Clear is really , really good enough, if anything we would need better singletarget spells, not more Aoe and AoE DPS...

For me the lack of Single target is ok, its a build with very fast map clear, but bad single target, a tradeoff for sure but one that is acceptable.

"
new Hyurri's Ire is extremely beneficial for defense, I don't think Carcass is viable with the new damage levels that enemies deal now.

And because damage is so high now you want to use a chest without any life instead of one with a little life?

No matter how mcuh EV or Dodge you get, you need Life to survive the one hit that will hit you sooner or later.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jul 15, 2015, 10:59:11 AM
I actually though new Hyyri had life, guess its not as good then.
However, when combined with Vaal Grace +

Tried to get one and it seems that there is not a single one on standard, at least none on poe.trade

The thing with shock Nova is that it allows consistent shocking on most things.
Which HoT alone doesn't provide.

I agree with new reflect, it is much less dangerous than before, almost always survivable even if you do hit the rare. VP isn't required to survive it.

For bosses / rares I'd probably just go back to using 2 Vaal Storm Calls supported by Echo + some other gem, Conc should give the most damage.

Maybe use 1-2 Atziri's Reign jewels.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jul 16, 2015, 8:11:34 AM
"
I will get around to updating this some day. Not sure when though.

Thoughts for now:

a) new Hyurri's Ire is extremely beneficial for defense, I don't think Carcass is viable with the new damage levels that enemies deal now. Plus it has a ton of evasion, our other gear also has Evasion - meaning that scaling evasion with passives is actually a great idea now.
Alternative would be Daresso's Defiance, which will allow to use IC. Hard to chrome though.

b) Shock Nova will probably be better than Glacial, due to its ability to shock and massive AoE which has similar coverage to Ice Nova.

c) Frenzy Charges provide insane dmg boost now, but their best source, which is Blood Dance boots, conflicts with Atziri's Step, but again, you can't deal damage if you're dead.
Other source, which is Blood Rage, is probably manageable, but requires to get life regen somewhere.

d) Doryani's Invitation goes to the trash bin, now a rare belt with as much lifa and STR as possible should be used instead. CwDT-Warlords should take

Currently testing a new version of the build with Cylone and two Novas.

Reporting back from testing in Warbands!

I got to lvl 50 and switched to CoCing, leveld as Crit Staff Cyclone (ye i know flame totem would be better.. but it was fun... 3 Heralds and new Crit leveling staff)

Some thoughts:

Shock Nova is needed, we can´t shock anything with HoT alone, so to trigger CoH Setup we need a Spell that shocks. ATM i am running Shock Nova + Glacial and Shock Nova does not only provide shocks, but looks great and deals suprisingly good damage.

I am cursing with Poachers+Assassins atm, good way to solve any mana problems + get some Frenzy charges up for attack speed and more damage.

Singletaget is no longer a Problem! Just slap in a 4L Flametotem! Its so op, just slap it in any build and it works... I guess they will nerf that a bit but until then its better than vaal skills or selfecast spells with mana leech... it also draws the aggro of bosses so you can DPS while they attack the totem.

Gear+Tree@☺lvl49
Gear + Tree at lvl 49:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUABLMJqg-rEQ8WQBa_GF0aOB0UIG4i9CaVJy8pTzrYPAVMs1AwUEJSU1M1VUtZ82HiZp5rt2wLbRlyqYKbhX2LjIw2j0aQVZJ9kyeXlZf0mG-aO5uhn9-iAKyYrKqt8cBmwJrZ_Nte3CPlz-w473z3MvfX-d360g==?accountName=ZweihundertMorder&characterName=IaS_CoCSlam

Need to switch the Belt, still have this from leveling as Cyclone... need to get Malis + Rats nest, later on i try to test some chests.. but atm i think the 6L is more important than the type of chest honestly.

Edit/ Update

Upgraded my Gear a bit:
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Jul 17, 2015, 8:22:49 AM
Sorry for double post

I tried some more stuff:

- Magma Orb is a GREAT spell for this build!

-Kaoms roots a great boots. With all that high Phys damage, unwavering helps alot + high live

- Running Herald of Thunder + AA + PoF atm, i think one Purity + Herald and AA is a good setup

Gear and Links in Warbands:
Spoiler
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Had tried this build in 1.3 and started with it in Warbands.

Early on it was a little rough but I got real lucky with some chance orbs and was able to buy some awesome gear.

After reading about cyclone I switched to dual dagger cylcone with dual nova's. Clear speed is amazing.

Almost always have max Frenzy, Endurance and Power charges

Still need better daggers.

My Gear
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info