[1.3.x] The Arctic GroundCoC

/doublepost
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Dec 23, 2014, 7:34:03 AM
I'm at level 63 now and it's great. I have 6 power charges and about 60% crit. I decided to go with PCOC for my 5th link instead of increased AOE since I don't have an Elreon mace yet. It's kinda tricky to keep power charges up solely on herald of thunder-COH procs.

Do you feel dual cursing is absolutely necessary? I'm considering getting the mace crit cluster instead.

This build is super fun though! Maybe not the best clearing but very satisfying.
Did you try swap nova on dischardge? more aoe more dmg more speceffects for fun :D
Last edited by YippieKiYayBro on Dec 24, 2014, 4:17:15 AM
"
I'm at level 63 now and it's great. I have 6 power charges and about 60% crit. I decided to go with PCOC for my 5th link instead of increased AOE since I don't have an Elreon mace yet. It's kinda tricky to keep power charges up solely on herald of thunder-COH procs.

Do you feel dual cursing is absolutely necessary? I'm considering getting the mace crit cluster instead.

This build is super fun though! Maybe not the best clearing but very satisfying.

I'd say that dual cursing is much more beneficial compared to 65% crit chance you will get from mace cluster.
I do run out of power charges periodically, but this is mostly on maps with terrible layout where you have to do a lot of backtracking. Honestly PCoC is needed just for some bosses, which don't have many or no adds at all. And for curse immunity maps.

"
Did you try swap nova on dischardge? more aoe more dmg more speceffects for fun :D

Yeah I tried it - however without Volls it is not effective. Assassin's mark is fine for keeping power charges normally, but not nearly enough if you loose them all on each hit.
If you want to use Discharge you really need to make the whole build around it.
Hi!

I love this build!

I did is as Templar as i had one with respec open and it worked out pretty good not really much diffrent from a Shadow start. (allready "used" all of my Shadows)

My Tree:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAAv4EBwSzBbUHHgmqDkgRlhZAFm8WvxhqGjgdFCaVJy8qCy0fMHE2PTpCOlg8BT1fQZZCw0bXS3hMs1AwUlNVS1XGVylYB1nzXfJh4mKsY0NknWaebIxwUnDVcYVyqXgvfOV_xoKbg9uFfYnTi4yMNo9Gj_qQVZJ9lSCVLpeVl_SYb5o7m6Gdqp_fogCio6yYrKqus7FCtMXAGsBmwJrB88Ls0PXUI9n82rnbXtwj3ajfhOOE5c_r9ew473zwH_DV8h3z6vcy99f53frS42okqjbp

It works out much much better then i ever had expected, even with just a basic Vagan Scepter without the Multimod!

Its a bit low on life but this has to be expected with so many uniques and not all that much life from the tree...

The damage and AoE is insane... i also have a Windripper CoC Build.. and idk.. this feels like a lot more damage... did not calculate it.. it just feels so powerfull with the groundslam, its fantastic.

One big Problem for me is Ele Reflect... its just... insane how easy it is to oneshot yourselfe... with my Windripper CoC i have much higher Spelldodge and with Projectile spells damage comes in more smaller hits, while here its one big hit that instakills you.

If any one has idear on how to make this less prone to reflect death... Atziris Step for more spelldodge are out of question with the number of non resist uniques allready in use sadly.

Maybe i could spec out of some of the Ele Damage nodes in the iluminati cluster and get Survivalist.. but i don´t know if 1% max cold Res would help all that much :-/

However.. the build is just really, really fun to play and not really expansive, so total thumbs up!

My Equip atm:
Spoiler
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Reflect is honestly not so much of a problem solo or in 2-3 player groups, as in full groups where others use spam skills which reduce fps on top of everything.
Inability to spot reflect aura because of all the bullshit happening + increased enemy HP from 6 players can mean swift death on reflect.

So to sum it up - this build is much, much safer to play either solo or in small groups.

Also, technically it is possible to go VP:

Shadow VP

We drop 1% life regen which becomes useless, some life which we already taken which is replaced by Scion life cluster, drop the Shadow spell crit chance wheel, and end up with roughly the same amount of life as before.
The problem however is that we still end up with 2% lifeleech, which after VP becomes 0.8% Ideally LL should be linked to the main attack, but this requires a 6L, and I really don't want to end up using Tabula.

I am still deeply saddened by the fact that there is no alternative to VP in the entire game except for Acuity.

Last edited by Shajirr on Dec 26, 2014, 8:10:55 AM
/doublepost
Last edited by Shajirr on Dec 26, 2014, 8:06:04 AM
"
Reflect is honestly not so much of a problem solo or in 2-3 player groups,

I never died to Reflect even playing builds like FlickerstrikeAbyssus or Windripper CoC.

I died to Reflect 3 times in the first map i played with this character.

I don´t know any build that has bigger problems with reflect and i honetstly don´t even know exactly why.

I think with Flicker+Abyssus i don´t die so much because Immortal Call helps a lot and i do nearly 50/50 Elemental/Phys damage with Hatred+HoA.

With Windripper CoC i assume its just that i have higher Spelldodge and even if i dont dodge and something hits, its lots of smaller hits, so its unlikley they will hit me all.

Here its just Refelct -> instant selfekill if no flask is up.

Guess i just have to get used to flasking more... should be possible with Surgeons

Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Well physical reflect is trivial - IC activates and you become immune to it for 4-5s.

With Windripper I assume you either have Grace or Ondars, or both - they also will block almost all reflected damage.

Currently I decided to drop Maligaro and use Atziri boots instead - will see if it will help.
I played some more and managed to get used to Flask more. It really helps to pop the Saphire before every new pack...

Uh yeah forgot Ondars! I am Running Grace + Ondars + Atziri Boots + Acro (and 2x Vaal Grace for hard fights)

So yeah thats actualy lots of migation there...

I think it will be ok if i just play more and get used to allways up saphire and also get more life from the tree after all more life helps not getting killed^^

Still i think reflect is the most dangerous thing for this build and it has a harder time migating it then some other builds.

Atm i am running Ice Spear+LMP+PCoC+ManaLeech to get my Charges up at the beginning of a fight when herald isn´t working or for curse immune maps. Works very well so far, with Manaleech you can spam it and even deal damage while getting Powercharges... if you use a lvl 1 Spear it would also work as 3 Link just as charge backup.

Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info