[1.3.x] The Arctic GroundCoC

Can this build could be a good one for the new one month league ? ( i mean without specific gears )
I do not understand what HoT build means? are there 2 separate builds. Is HoT required? When is HoT used? /confused
HoT = Herald of Thunder

uhm.. yeah but i am confused now were you get that "HoT Build" from...
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
I guess it was corrected to "HoT", for me it said HoT Build. I understand it now.

Uhm am I suppose to be using Vaal Flameblasts? or is he just leveling those to sell?
Last edited by frostyownz on Mar 26, 2015, 10:43:08 PM
some ideas for fun ..... the basic idea is to go for global crit...

drop spell crit chance and take 25%+25% crit chance and heart seeker on the right side of the tree
this will give 50% global crit and 25% global crit mult

if you have staff then you can use serpent stance which will give 80% global crit chance and 30% global mult, some staff can give 8% local crit and possibly 1.5 attack speed if it has local attack speed

if you have pillar of caged god then it will give an additional 15% area radius for 300 INT

have fun
Why does it have to have 1.4aps per second? will 1.1 work? or the higher the better?

Is this a good starter mace or does it have to 15% elemental damage?

The higher the APS the more you proc the spells!

So yes, the higher the better. But it will also work with lower APS and 10% ele Damage.

@ZempireZigma

gl capping your resists with a staff in your hand... also you will need a Vagan Staff or invest into shitloads of accuracy on gear + tree.

I agree that you don´t really need all the Spellcrit in the original tree, i speced out of some of it to get more life.

My Tree atm:
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgUAAv4EBwSzBUIFtQceCaoOSBGWFkAWbxa_GGoaOB0UJKomlScvKgssnC0fMHE2PTbpOkI6WDwFPV9BlkLDRtdJUUt4TLNQMFJTVUtVxlcpWAdZ813yYeJirGNDZp5sjHBScNVxhXKpdqx4L3zlf8aCm4PbhX2J04uMjDaPRpBVkn2VIJUul5WX9JhvmjuboZ2qn9-iAKKjrJisqq6zsUK0xcAawGbAmsHzwuzPftD11CPZ_Nq5217cI92o34TjauOE5c_qGOw473zwH_DV8-r3MvfX-d360g==

And Links:
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Vaal Flameblasts are useful when soloing - if you manage to get a crit they can kill the boss or take away most of its health.

"
ZempireZigma wrote:

drop spell crit chance and take 25%+25% crit chance and heart seeker on the right side of the tree
this will give 50% global crit and 25% global crit mult

if you have staff then you can use serpent stance which will give 80% global crit chance and 30% global mult, some staff can give 8% local crit and possibly 1.5 attack speed if it has local attack speed

if you have pillar of caged god then it will give an additional 15% area radius for 300 INT

have fun

Variant of the tree with Hertseeker is already in the 1st post, as the 2nd tree variant.

In my initial post on reddit before even posting the build I compared what people came up with and staff setup turned out to be inferior to dagger+mace. Plus it is generally better to get 5L / 6L Carcass since you can always resell it vs. 5-linking Vagan's staff which probably no one will want to buy later.

About 6th link - both multistrike and PCoC are good options, but I'd still prefer to just use LL and VP in order to become immune to reflect.
I never managed to get around it - even with 46% spelldodge it still kills you in parties.
Currently my char with this build is on hold, I'll wait for full respec then try the VP version. Past lvl 90 its kinda needed anyway, since you can not afford any deaths any more.

spellcrit <-> life is interchangeable, if you have enough damage sure it makes sense to get life instead.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Mar 30, 2015, 7:32:08 AM
"
Chesis wrote:
Can this build could be a good one for the new one month league ? ( i mean without specific gears )

It can, definitely not in HC though since I never intended it to be.
Grab a crit scepter (not mace) first and get some accuracy nodes until you get the Vagan's scepter, once you do spec out of them.

4L would be just GS-CoC-Nova-Glacial, as 5th link either AoE / PCoC / LL
Carcass is optimal but in temp league any armour will do.
Best bet is probably to buy white 5L and throw a few chaos at it.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Mar 30, 2015, 7:28:53 AM
What is your main hand crit %? Mine is 44% but i dont seem to be getting consistent activations

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info