Molten Shell is just fine, most casters got no defense against physical damage

Do u even PvP bro?

"
alshabibi7 wrote:

Try to play chess :p maybe it will open your brain :p

Do u even Chess bro?

"
alshabibi7 wrote:

Regarding to CoC easily countered by Evasion/Ondar's Guile == you chose to go Armour/melee/unwavering stance --- so thats your choice other choose evasion/Ondar's Guile easily counter CoC while you suffer from it

Your passive points you choose how to spend it, and please do not cry if you can't kill everyone in PVP

Regards,

Ok that answers it you definitely dont PvP or Poe much at all.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"

Molten already absorbs enough physical DMG on hit to not require any further mitigation.

I've demonstrated many ways to stunt es regen, its required to win vs es that you can't kill outright.

As for HP flasks vs shotgun DMG and all caster DMG sources at melee range....you can't flask fast enough no matter how good your gear is. Maybe for a few rounds but after that you're up shits creek without a paddle. The DMG is explosive, you literally are rolling the dice whether you get 1hit or 2hit so you have to flask at a the right times and most of the time you blow right past the low life instant heal flask mark and are dead. Game shouldn't be balanced around how fast you can heal, or about healing at all besides regen tbh. Healing with flasks is shit, I went several patches still abiding by my old school no healing in PvP mentality. Had to start because every scrub was popping flasks on me like rejuvs in diablo2.

Oh and how do you figure EA explosion DMG hurting the bower is going to help? What if you stick anyone and they jump your shit with arrows on them? You take DMG when they go off in your proximity....brilliant. Seriously if you let me into alpha I'd of put out a far better game. Some of these ideas are so ignorant. Ppl have little to no PvP or competitive exp besides poe. I have tons in many genres and understand the "little casual guy" and big bad perfect gear nolifer balance at the same time. Need ppl that understand all builds,options and counters and how this fits into a balanced finalized meta based on 1v1s, not teams, not sarn scrubville.

You said some of my ideas were ignorant but you suggested a huge penetration gem nerf which affects a ton more builds than the ones you are targetting. Fixing 1-2 builds to destroy 10+ other builds is really ignorant. Post your ideas mulla instead of saying to us how godly you are with action rpg games xD you're not the only one with tons of experience in competitive games mulla.

Ever played chivalry medieval warfare ? That's the most competitive/hardest medieval first person fighting i ever got into when it comes to gaming. It takes actual skill to be good at this game or you get your ass whooped. I suggest you try that game and hit me up if you want to fight me we'll see how good your reflexes are =P i'm rank 46 on it.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Dec 24, 2014, 2:52:26 AM
"
alshabibi7 wrote:

Regarding to CoC easily countered by Evasion/Ondar's Guile == you chose to go Armour/melee/unwavering stance --- so thats your choice other choose evasion/Ondar's Guile easily counter CoC while you suffer from it

Your passive points you choose how to spend it, and please do not cry if you can't kill everyone in PVP

Regards,

"

This is fun, getting Unwavering Stance or Low evasion rating and complaining about CoC dmg ,, my advise to you give it a try ( 10k evasion rating & Ondar's )

You have to understand that you can't combine every thing in one build //

no need to cry everytime you got killed by other builds " oh GGG plz nerf this build my sword can't deal with it"
Last edited by alshabibi7 on Dec 24, 2014, 3:05:37 AM
"
alshabibi7 wrote:
"
alshabibi7 wrote:

Regards,

"

This is fun, getting Unwavering Stance or Low evasion rating and complaining about CoC dmg ,, my advise to you give it a try ( 10k evasion rating & Ondar's )

You have to understand that you can't combine every thing in one build //

no need to cry everytime you got killed by other builds " oh GGG plz nerf this build my sword can't deal with it"

man this guy really has something against me and my 2h sword for some reason, i dont remember being asshole to anyone in this game so i dont know what your problem can possibly be.

by the way i use a staff in pvp

and as dethklok says, you have no clue what youre talking about,my advice is that you give pvp a try before shitposting.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Dec 24, 2014, 5:49:07 AM
"
hauntworld1 wrote:
"

Molten already absorbs enough physical DMG on hit to not require any further mitigation.

I've demonstrated many ways to stunt es regen, its required to win vs es that you can't kill outright.

As for HP flasks vs shotgun DMG and all caster DMG sources at melee range....you can't flask fast enough no matter how good your gear is. Maybe for a few rounds but after that you're up shits creek without a paddle. The DMG is explosive, you literally are rolling the dice whether you get 1hit or 2hit so you have to flask at a the right times and most of the time you blow right past the low life instant heal flask mark and are dead. Game shouldn't be balanced around how fast you can heal, or about healing at all besides regen tbh. Healing with flasks is shit, I went several patches still abiding by my old school no healing in PvP mentality. Had to start because every scrub was popping flasks on me like rejuvs in diablo2.

Oh and how do you figure EA explosion DMG hurting the bower is going to help? What if you stick anyone and they jump your shit with arrows on them? You take DMG when they go off in your proximity....brilliant. Seriously if you let me into alpha I'd of put out a far better game. Some of these ideas are so ignorant. Ppl have little to no PvP or competitive exp besides poe. I have tons in many genres and understand the "little casual guy" and big bad perfect gear nolifer balance at the same time. Need ppl that understand all builds,options and counters and how this fits into a balanced finalized meta based on 1v1s, not teams, not sarn scrubville.

You said some of my ideas were ignorant but you suggested a huge penetration gem nerf which affects a ton more builds than the ones you are targetting. Fixing 1-2 builds to destroy 10+ other builds is really ignorant. Post your ideas mulla instead of saying to us how godly you are with action rpg games xD you're not the only one with tons of experience in competitive games mulla.

Ever played chivalry medieval warfare ? That's the most competitive/hardest medieval first person fighting i ever got into when it comes to gaming. It takes actual skill to be good at this game or you get your ass whooped. I suggest you try that game and hit me up if you want to fight me we'll see how good your reflexes are =P i'm rank 46 on it.

You do that math for penetration yet Lil buddy? BTW ek is weak as hell and was never ever the real power behind a caster. It was tempest and molten regardless of match up. The ek was just the final nail in the coffin. Shotgun fb/FP and arctic breath all out dps ek freely....very freely. I've already posted my ideas, hell I've been posting my ideas about every single thing ppl are just now figuring out is fucked because they never pvped nor cared before. I've been posting about these things since open beta. No one paid attention to it but they are now. Go back and read my posts from over a year ago, I've already solved 90% of the shit that's wrong in PvP..fairly and without destroying anyone. I posted long drawn out ideas and examples for the bcr gem back in beta, is that why we have one? I don't really know, though there's tons of other shit in my posts that could of fixed PvP within 1-2 good patches.

Chivalry.....HHAHAHAHA! Are you fuuuuuuucking trolling me man?
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 24, 2014, 10:10:53 AM
"
MullaXul wrote:

I've already solved 90% of the shit that's wrong in PvP..fairly and without destroying anyone.

Sorry man, but I have to call you out on this.

What I see is someone ranked 4th, that as a melee wants all of their counters nerfed (EA, molten shell, tempest shield, traps and clever construction, CWDT, and probably a few others I've missed) so they can rise to #1. Yes, very fair and balanced.
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_
Last edited by Dopamineloveaffair on Dec 24, 2014, 10:15:47 AM
"
"
MullaXul wrote:

I've already solved 90% of the shit that's wrong in PvP..fairly and without destroying anyone.

Sorry man, but I have to call you out on this.

What I see is someone ranked 4th, that as a melee wants all of their counters nerfed (EA, molten shell, tempest shield, traps and clever construction, CWDT, and probably a few others I've missed) so they can rise to #1. Yes, very fair and balanced.

and thats youre problem, youre seeing the wrong thing, he isnt the only one suggesting this and i doubt hes doing it to gain ranks, no one really cares that much about ranks.

and hes rank 4 as melee because hes very good, not because melee is super strong.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Dec 24, 2014, 10:26:28 AM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
[
and thats youre problem, youre seeing the wrong thing, he isnt the only one suggesting this and i doubt hes doing it to gain ranks, no one really cares that much about ranks.

and hes rank 4 as melee because hes very good, not because melee is super strong.

Oh come on... anyone ranked in the top 5 has no business asking for nerfs on competing builds. Yeah... I'm sure he's doing this all for altruistic reasons.

It has nothing to do with him thinking he deserves to be number 1, after stating repeatedly over the last year he has the most skilled setup in POE pvp, and everyone else plays retarded one button press fests.
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_
I was actually #1 but stopped 1v1ing because match making sucked. It was hard to get matches or points, so ppl got past me. I don't want to Nerf anything, I want to tweak things to levels that are fair. Where you have legitimate work around a to certain "problem" match ups for your build. Not for example vs molten shell as physical melee. You have a few options but a suck very bad, heres an outline.

Phys melee vs molten shell caster....

Wait for it to drop via stalling, using ranged attacks and curses that pester the caster. Ideally chilling or temp chaining the caster so you have ample time to capitalize once molten drops 10sec from when it was casted. That's your best option first but here's why it sucks.

The caster is hitting you from far range with attacks far dmging then yours. Spectral throw is a joke, all ranged options for melee except a bow with serious DMG and puncture or EA are crap. Secondly say molten drops, you ideally the caster is slowed badly. Guess what molten does DMG INSTANTLY on recast. So you attempt to finally drop this fool and bam 1hit kill...you're dead mid recast animation, you never even saw the shell. That's a problem and happens very often, you can get a caster to very low life/es...give chase to prevent regen and attempt a killing blow. Bam he recasted molten when you hit him, dead. You full life at the time..him/her on a pixel....you're dead.

Other options like forcing molten off with ranged physical attacks all lead to scenarios 2-3. Cwdt molten and spells I general are also assinine. Tempest can halve your life in one block + shock you leaving everything else on that caster doing upwards of 75% increased DMG with shock+celestrial node. We have limited anti shock options and even if you aren't shocked, you're still out dpsed and tanked by a top gear/tree caster.

None of these things, clever construction etc.. Are easy to balance in this game. Though some are pretty obvious. You want a game where you have solid counter options so every match is a metagame. Does he have this??what's my counter? Is it viable? Well in thecase of molten no... In the case of clever construction, sure you can sit there sweeping floors with arc/roa slowly working your way in...but what else is happening? You need to play this match at half-melee range so you can see traps thrown. He's shooting at you or throwing traps at you with 1hit kill power...while you fuck yourself trying to play the match smart by controlling space. Reward....you die 1hit to the bear trap thrown at you while you clear floors. That match is a ton different then melee vs caster though and harder to balance bc trappers have far fewer options then a caster and clever construction is the only thing making them viable except invisibility once planted.

Sure true ranged builds go even or counter casters/traps. That means nothing when you're melee, its all about your options and if they are legitimately viable. Which they aren't, you're rolling a dice vs most shit and I'm not a gambling man. You shouldnt out play someone to just die 1hit to the air.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 24, 2014, 10:56:10 AM
Thank you for the well thought out response. Sorry if I was offensive in my earlier posts.

It's just getting on my nerves all the kneejerk threads about people wanting to nerf shit, where in a lot of cases there are counters but they're too lazy or ignorant to use them.

I guess a lot of it comes down to... you're either a jack of all trades, master of none build, or you hard counter one or a few and get hard countered in turn by others.

I think the ideal setup is a rock, paper, scissors dynamic. It should be impossible to make a character that hard counters everyone, although that doesn't seem to stop people from wanting it.
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_
Last edited by Dopamineloveaffair on Dec 24, 2014, 11:09:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info