[2.1] Ethereal Knives MF Build. Effectively >90k DPS, >20k EHP, 300 IIR, 43 IIQ, Triple Blasphemy

Hey wanted to reply about the arc Version for this build.

Gear:
Spoiler

tree

lvl 71
Tooltip dps with all auras up: 11000
Without auras: 7000
4.1k ES
780 Mana
189% iir
auras: purity of elements, haste, discipline, herald of thunder, clarity

im doing fine so far, Need to get more iir on my gear also lacking a bit of dex/str.
Reflect is tricky sometimes.
Hello. I have an old character with level 73 (shadow) and I want to try this build. I have Redbeak without culling strike. Do you recommend to use that weapon or look for one with culling strike?
Hey everybody! Thanks for your interest in the build :) I'm currently on vacation in Thailand, so I can't answer your questions at the moment. I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Greetings!
Can you do with this build high lvl maps?
Hey all,

Finally I'm back and can respond to your questions. Sorry for the massive delay!

@DokyDok

The build is more or less up to date, but I'll try to post an update this weekend. Currently I'm having >7k ES with around 24k DPS. It's definitely viable for end game, as I'm constantly running maps up to lvl 76/77.

I've tried to kill Atziri as well, but it's not that easy. So far I'm still struggling with her mirror phase. Double Vaal and Trio are manageable, though.

Regarding the corrupted Redbeak: I've bought mine via poe.xyz for around 1 Exa. It had only two sockets originally but fortunately there is Vorici. If you have to corrupt it yourself, acquire batches of ~20 Redbeaks (don't bother to link them first) and try your luck. Expect to spend 2-4 Exas.

@alexvsevil

Yeah, the build works very well with Scion. Maybe you would lose like 1-2 skillpoints in terms of effectiveness, compared to a Witch. Even better for Shadow. If you make some minor sacrifices, you can also go with Templar or Ranger. Only Marauder and Duelist are not viable.

@Kaktuskiller

Arc version looks decent, thanks for your input. Keep us updated :)

@MDane

You don't necessarily need culling if you don't play in a group. Redbeak is more than decent on its own, or you can obtain a wand with high spell damage (like 80%), cast speed, and whatever else you can find on it (projectile speed, crit, etc.).

@Asag

Definitely yes. I'm usually running 74-76 maps without facing major difficulties. Some mods like Blood Magic and Physical Reflect need to be rerolled, though.
Hello there, thanks for posting the guide. I am very interested in trying this build and was wondering if you could lay out a leveling progression for every 20pts or so? It would be most helpful! Also, a brief description of the leveling process would help out a lot. Thanks!
What about alphas howl? Since you arent using dream fragments and we have a easy setup of colors with rggb reduced mana/hatred/haste/discipline. I didnt calculate the mana reservation, but if you cant use 3x60 on mana, just add empower ;D reduced mana/empower/hatred/discipline
Hey all, I've updated the thread and added a small section explaining the skilltree progression.

@Shazmo: Hope you are still interested in the build! Let me know if the leveling progression I posted works for you.

@FightorFall: Alpha's Howl is certainly an interesting option, but I was always worried that I would lose too much ES. Even with +2 to Discipline and a lvl 3 Empower, it seems that I would lose around 800 ES with my current setup for the only (major) benefit of becoming immune to freeze. On the other hand, it would be possible to substitute one Herald for Grace and thus (more than) compensate for the loss of ES. This would cost some DPS, however.

I might give it a try anyway. Thanks for the suggestion!
Running this build right now. Currently only level 51.

I've already switched to Low-life, because I'm impatient. The build is doing fine. I only have around 1500 ES.

The sustain on the build is pretty good, I really have no trouble surviving the majority of mobs. I've died a few times, but I kind of expected that running low-life with only 1500 ES.

My tool tip dps is around 3.5-4K only running hatred and HoT as my DPS auras right now.

I have lots of room for improvement with my gear.

I do have a 5L/6S Solaris Lorica that I bought today for 1.5ex which was ok.

Probably spend around 200 chromatics to get the off-color sockets. Trying to squeeze two blue, two green, and one red into the 5 link was challenging.

Figure it's worth the investment though. Once I get this MF character up and running I'll be farming the *$@# out of Dominus and maps.

I already own two 70%+ andavarius so I'll try to work those into the build, covering the resistances elsewhere. Even if I have to run purity of elements instead of haste.

Found myself a 56/17% divination distillate so I'll be making use of that as well if I can. Figure if I throw enfeeble in on my blood magic links I can just cast that to make use of distillate.

I already had a totem MF character, but really prefer a more active play style. Don't get me wrong the totem character worked great, but this is far more entertaining for me.
How do you run 7 auras with this build? do you need corrupted reduced mana to do so?

Also, would wrath be a good replacement for haste? once you hit 80+.
IGN Flatulencia
Last edited by Focusix on Apr 13, 2015, 12:27:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info