[2.1] Ethereal Knives MF Build. Effectively >90k DPS, >20k EHP, 300 IIR, 43 IIQ, Triple Blasphemy

Hey there,

@broseidon

My ES (=life) pool is currently around 5.5k without Shavs, so the survivability is decent. It's not an extremely tanky build though, so I wouldn't totally recommend it for hardcore. It can be made much more robust by dropping Haste for Grace, and of course using Shavs would push the ES-pool through the roof. Around 7.5k should easily be possible with it.

I die from time to time, but this is usually caused by inattention, connection problems, or reckless play. A careful player could probably pull this off in hardcore.

The clear speed is pretty solid, I think. Many mid 70's maps can be done in 7-10 minutes or so. Probably even faster, but I tend to pick up everything rare and need to port back to town a few times.

@kamushi

4L: EK - Life Leech (quality recommended!) - Spell Echo - Faster Projectiles
5L: either add IIR/IIQ for more magic find, or Added Fire Damage for a nice damage boost.
6L: I currently go with IIR+IIQ, but dropping one for Added Fire is also a good option (optimal in challenge leagues).

Dude i have a hard time sustaining mana, how do you deal with this?

currently 62
Last edited by DiablosAngel on Jan 6, 2015, 11:40:16 AM
The build really starts to shine later on (say, lvl 75+), but I never had any serious mana problems while leveling.

Are you running Clarity? Lvl 10+ Clarity is absolutely crucial. Other than that, try to pick up the mana regen and +mana nodes on the tree as soon as you can. Also, get some +mana on your rings. Alternatively, you can swap out Wondertrap for Goldwyrm at the moment and enjoy +60% extra mana regen.

If that doesn't help, feel free to post your mana stats (max mana, mana regen/sec after buffs, etc.).

Hope that helps.
Dude i wasnt aware of it at the time but apparently I've been going full retard and completely forgot about clarity.. currently level 69, what level should i be able to run both hoa and discipline? Or all 3 of clarity, haste and hatred?
Here is a build suggestion for roughly lvl 70ish:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH5UgwfNciqKjf8YRlgcelS7w1UlRj_p719DQRwbb519qDkhd8rb3KwoRL-tjmZq1SG1s53TbGhB7vjoGIx9BAx4Wvw-rUzWbtRmK-wn22hqPHNyTJ--I-TfXz0mxtAxGceGIHarqug18V8k0CjdmLKaQ1ij6gscMfRB_xp6DCewYcLvZEy9vL50W89-wghCPpkSr-egmPP6zVys=

Depending on the level of your Reduced Mana (*2) and Blood Magic (*1) support gems, you might be able to run Discipline, Herald of Ash, Hatred, Haste, and Clarity simultaneously.

Assuming lvl 18 for all support gems with a total mana pool of 800 and total life pool of 1000, you can achieve this (for example) by running Discipline and HoA on life, and Hatred + Haste + Lvl 10 (not higher!) Clarity on mana.

Drop Haste (or change it for Herald of Ice / Herald of Thunder) if your mana pool is too low.
Bump. Optimized the build by taking more Aura nodes. 21K DPS currently, with major room for improvement with Shavs.
Another bump. You can now find a video of the build to evaluate its effectiveness.
I like your build! Just found solaris lorica so i'd like to test this build in bloodlines. Pure madness or? I thought if i could farm piety and low level maps safe enough. Any thoughts and tips how to make this work?
Thanks!

Pulling off this build in Bloodlines is a bit ambitious, but probably it can be done. However, take my advice with a grain of salt, as I think I've died more than 50 times with this char.

But anyhow, if you want to make this work in hardcore, you have to sacrifice some DPS for defenses. First of all, drop Haste for Grace, as this leads to a substantial increase of your effective life pool. I was dying very rarely when I had Grace on instead of Haste.

Other than that, drop some of the damage nodes on the tree and get as many ES nodes as possible. Here is a build suggestion for lvl 74-ish:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH5UgwfNciqKjf8YRlgcelS7w1UlRj_p719DQRwbb519qDkhd8rb3KwoRL-tjmZq1SG1s53TbGhB7vjoGIx9BAx4Wvw-rUzWbtRmK-wn22hqPHNyTJ--I-TfXz0mxtAxGceGIHarqug18V8k0CjdmLKaQ1ij6gscMfRB_xp6DCewYcLvZEy9vL50W89-wghCPpkSr-egmPP6zVyum6zeD9UvBAA==

Also, obtain a Vaal Discipline gem for emergency situations. This almost works like a life potion.

And finally, farm safe zones like Docks for as long as possible. Avoid Piety until you are very very comfortable running Docks. Probably skip Dominus, as he isn't worth the risk.

Hope this helps you a bit :) Good luck!
Looks sweet, just made a new char to test this build out. Hope you keep updating us with info! Which direction on the passive tree do you recommend going towards first? Energy shield/mana or spell dmg?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info