[Torment]1.3 Static Mosher-Detailed Pure Lightning Crit Staff Static Striker w/ video

It's horrible dps lol, im doin what I can at merc docks and I can barely 1 shot white mobs there with the hit and shock from SS. I have horribad luck finding any staves with decent sockets. I'm not really feeling spending my entire stash of gems to craft something better either...
I tried to contact you in game, I might be able to help you out. I'm offline now, but will be back tomorrow. You could hit me up eventually; Vulpes__Velox (2 underscores!).
"Imagining GGG as a cranky hormonal pregnant woman suddenly explains a lot." - CliveHowlitzer
"
Traison wrote:
It's horrible dps lol, im doin what I can at merc docks and I can barely 1 shot white mobs there with the hit and shock from SS. I have horribad luck finding any staves with decent sockets. I'm not really feeling spending my entire stash of gems to craft something better either...

The problem you are experiencing really is from your gear. Bad gear + melee = A bad time. Not picking on you, you are doing really well if this is your first character. I didn't lvl with crit and things were much smoother.
Some things to do right off the bat.
1. Put Iron Skin suffix on your granite flask.
2. Purchase an Immortal Call gem and enduring cry. And learn to distinguish the mobs that do massive physical damage(i.e Colossal Vaal Fallen, Leap Frogs). Pop a 5s immmortal call before you engage.
3. Get new amulets and rings with life and resist. The one you are using now does nothing for the build.
4. Get a new staff. Aim for 250+ dps with crit. You should be able to get one for less than 5 chaos. If you find it hard to get one I can give you my old ones.

2.0 ain't no melee patch.
"
exodus820 wrote:
"
Traison wrote:

The problem you are experiencing really is from your gear. Bad gear + melee = A bad time. Not picking on you, you are doing really well if this is your first character. I didn't lvl with crit and things were much smoother.
Some things to do right off the bat.
1. Put Iron Skin suffix on your granite flask.
2. Purchase an Immortal Call gem and enduring cry. And learn to distinguish the mobs that do massive physical damage(i.e Colossal Vaal Fallen, Leap Frogs). Pop a 5s immmortal call before you engage.
3. Get new amulets and rings with life and resist. The one you are using now does nothing for the build.
4. Get a new staff. Aim for 250+ dps with crit. You should be able to get one for less than 5 chaos. If you find it hard to get one I can give you my old ones.

Thanks a lot for what you wrote here. I am finding it hard to know when to use IC and EC together, just something that is gonna take me practice I suppose.
It seems like I can never cast them mid combat cause I need to constantly be leeching life, that is probably just because of my bad gear.

I am working on improving my rings and ammy, I know they are bad lol, just goin with what I can find. I don't got any regals to spare to hand make one with everything I want.
As for my staff I got an upgraded one but it is still behind where I currently am ilvl wise, but it is much better than that one I linked (It is around 180 some dps, base crit).

I went through with a few regrets that I had and moved things around, I am at 2662 hp and its a lot better than it was.
I'm leveling one right now, can't wait:)

One question, why not a 5 or 6 link staff? Use vengeance and melee physical, or is that a problem with reflect or mana? And what if you did not use abbysus helm with more links?
Last edited by JuicedG on Jan 18, 2015, 4:03:24 AM
"
JuicedG wrote:

One question, why not a 5 or 6 link staff? Use vengeance and melee physical, or is that a problem with reflect or mana? And what if you did not use abbysus helm with more links?

Sure you can use a 5l/6/ staff with an extra melee phys or life leech. I didn't 6s my staff because i don't think it's worth it.
There is a risk using a high damage vengeance. It might proc on a phys reflect pack when your immortal call is not on. If that crits you will die. But other than that it's a great skill, should work great with a life leech.
Not sure what your question about Abyssus meant.
"
exodus820 wrote:
"
JuicedG wrote:

Sure you can use a 5l/6/ staff with an extra melee phys or life leech. I didn't 6s my staff because i don't think it's worth it.
There is a risk using a high damage vengeance. It might proc on a phys reflect pack when your immortal call is not on. If that crits you will die. But other than that it's a great skill, should work great with a life leech.

I ment what about using a helm with more defense and than use more links on staff. I also just thought about the enhance gem; you could 4 link boots and use those for leap. 5 (or 6) link the staff and use immortal call with increased duration and enhance, how good would that be?

And if you don't have a lightning coil wouldn't vitality be more usefull than purity of lightning? Or is that extra 3% a real big deal against ele reflect?
Last edited by JuicedG on Jan 19, 2015, 8:31:05 AM
"
JuicedG wrote:
"
exodus820 wrote:
"
JuicedG wrote:

I ment what about using a helm with more defense and than use more links on staff. I also just thought about the enhance gem; you could 4 link boots and use those for leap. 5 (or 6) link the staff and use immortal call with increased duration and enhance, how good would that be?

And if you don't have a lightning coil wouldn't vitality be more usefull than purity of lightning? Or is that extra 3% a real big deal against ele reflect?

You are right. Immortal Call would be much more effective with enhance. It should bring a 5 charge IC to 13s or so and a 6 charge IC to 15s.I was planning on doing that once I find a good staff.
The amount of regen vitality provides is minimal comparing to the leech. And yes, from my my experience the extra 3% does make a big difference to ele reflect. Actually I think I never died to ele reflect since mapping.
"
exodus820 wrote:

You are right. Immortal Call would be much more effective with enhance. It should bring a 5 charge IC to 13s or so and a 6 charge IC to 15s.I was planning on doing that once I find a good staff.
The amount of regen vitality provides is minimal comparing to the leech. And yes, from my my experience the extra 3% does make a big difference to ele reflect. Actually I think I never died to ele reflect since mapping.

Your current staff isn't good enough?:P

My templar is currently 64 and I'm loving it. Just got this abyssus for 4c on torment

Now I also found this yesterday:

I had really set my mind on a belly of the beast because of the additional HP. I'm pretty new to the game and I think the extra hp is a nice safety buffer. But do you reckon it's worth it to 5-link this coil and try it before buying a belly?

I also want to thank you so much for this build, it's the most fun I've had in POE even though I still die quite a bit (Dominus seriously rekt me at 65, Lightning beam>>>2.7k HP). Will get easier when immortal call last over 10 seconds, Right now it's on 7 and that's still a bit annoying. Guess it's time to start leveling my enhance gem.

Do you advice to get extra mana on gear? Running all 3 aura's I still run out of mana sometimes but I'm assuming that is a low level issue?
Last edited by JuicedG on Jan 20, 2015, 12:50:01 PM
"
JuicedG wrote:
"
exodus820 wrote:

Your current staff isn't good enough?:P

My templar is currently 64 and I'm loving it. Just got this abyssus for 4c on torment

Now I also found this yesterday:

I had really set my mind on a belly of the beast because of the additional HP. I'm pretty new to the game and I think the extra hp is a nice safety buffer. But do you reckon it's worth it to 5-link this coil and try it before buying a belly?

I also want to thank you so much for this build, it's the most fun I've had in POE even though I still die quite a bit (Dominus seriously rekt me at 65, Lightning beam>>>2.7k HP). Will get easier when immortal call last over 10 seconds, Right now it's on 7 and that's still a bit annoying. Guess it's time to start leveling my enhance gem.

Do you advice to get extra mana on gear? Running all 3 aura's I still run out of mana sometimes but I'm assuming that is a low level issue?

Lightning Coil is nerfed in 1.3 but still quite good, especially combined with Abyssus. But if you are quite new atm I don't recommend 5l it. The cost of 6 socketing it alone is pretty high. And keep in mind that our ideal situation is to mitigate physical damage through immortal call, instead of getting hit and reduce it through lightning coil. What i would rather do is to purchase a belly and 4l it first with SS-WED-Physical to Lightning-Multistrike.
For the mana issue, I do not recommend getting mana on gear. +max mana will work at really low efficiency if you are almost reserving all of your mana. I suggest you run a seperate Warlords Mark, link it with blood magic if possible, and use a Hallowed Hybrid Flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info