[Torment]1.3 Static Mosher-Detailed Pure Lightning Crit Staff Static Striker w/ video

"
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133472

You make no sense. Does that mean every single abyssus build make no sense?
I explained explicitly in the guide that the drawback from abyssus is mitigated perfectly through our 10s+ immortal call. And we don't suffer from the biggest drawback of Abyssus which is phys reflect. And what is EXTREMELY little life? Now I have 4.3k life is that what you mean?
You would die a ton doesn't mean I would die a ton. You would expect to die a ton cuz you probably don't know how to handle the build.
2.0 ain't no melee patch.
Last edited by exodus820 on Dec 18, 2014, 2:04:08 AM
Updated with Double Shock n' Horror boss fight video.
Last edited by exodus820 on Dec 18, 2014, 2:07:58 AM
Thanks for posting this build and the detailed explanation, especially about Celestial Punishment as was wondering what was the point of taking that. Have rarely played elemental damage characters so didnt know that crit also shocked.
Really though, like someone else said, how do you justify the insane low life + wearing the helm?
"
exodus820 wrote:
"

I explained explicitly in the guide that the drawback from abyssus is mitigated perfectly through our 10s+ immortal call. And we don't suffer from the biggest drawback of Abyssus which is phys reflect. And what is EXTREMELY little life? Now I have 4.3k life is that what you mean?
You would die a ton doesn't mean I would die a ton. You would expect to die a ton cuz you probably don't know how to handle the build.

The build has %84 increased life, +50 to max life and a mere 45%increased Armour. while at the same time taking 41% increased physical damage from Abysuss. The 10s Imortal call is swell and everything but this build seems like its designed to kill trash mobs and show off your tooltip DPS instead of being practical. All of your life gain and survivability depends on there being hordes of trash mobs around you. I don't mean to be offensive but realistically it does not look like a practical build for leveling or killing bosses.
Last edited by Rudy514 on Dec 18, 2014, 12:18:32 PM
"
how do you justify the insane low life + wearing the helm?

Gawd you guys are SO SCRAED. I don't need to justify anything. its written clearly on the original post, which you obviously failed to comprehend. Next time when you don't have a clue on what people are discussing in their build, try picking on something else other than Life Blah blah blah. You know what, there's really a use for your hands in this build, cast the fking immortal call, it lasts long. In endgame, many lethal damage can be avoided by nice positioning and timing of your character, which you obviously don't get. If you are thinking tanking every damage source with a 6000 life pool makes a good build, good luck. (I did a double shock and horror video dude you even know wtf that is)
In less than a week I lvled this guy to 85 on a new league. Your highest lvl character, 70, on standard. Like gimme a break, or set your profile private before you embarrass yourself again.
"
Rudy514 wrote:
"
exodus820 wrote:
"

The build has %84 increased life, +50 to max life and a mere 45%increased Armour. while at the same time taking 41% increased physical damage from Abysuss. The 10s Imortal call is swell and everything but this build seems like its designed to kill trash mobs and show off your tooltip DPS instead of being practical. All of your life gain and survivability depends on there being hordes of trash mobs around you. I don't mean to be offensive but realistically it does not look like a practical build for leveling or killing bosses.

The lack of life is why I use belly of the beast. At lvl 90 I will end up reaching 4.5k. Armor doesn't matter it only mitigates physical damage whereas IC does 100 mitigation. Only survivability issue is against massive elemental damage boss fights and sudden incoming physical damage such as devourers.but as I said if you see devourers in a map keep immortal call up constantly. And seriously, you are counting on the passive tree to get +max life?

My survivability does not depend on trash mobs. I don't know where you get that from.

You talk about practicality - leveling and killing bosses. My character does both amazingly well in a fresh new economy in Torment. Reached lv 85 in one week. Already posted boss fight videos and you know what, I'm gonna post stuff like double palace Dom double shrine Piety with this guy. And I'm gonna lvl it to at least lv 94 in Torment. Just so to make u understand what you can achieve in endgame without 200% life on tree. Feel free to donate 77+ maps on Torment so that I can do this as soon as possible.

And by the way, the tooltip Dps of this build is the initial hit, it means nothing and is nowhere close to the actual damage I'm doing. Look at the Extra life double hillock video at 74 Dunes. Crit static waves are dealing half the bosses life dmg per tick.
Last edited by exodus820 on Dec 18, 2014, 1:58:50 PM
hahaha holy shit. Yes, my highest char is level 70. Yes, I'm not an expert at this game. I simply noticed that you are taking less life than most people, and I was simply inquiring as to how you get around that.

I'm not fucking criticizing your build or calling it incorrect, who are you trying to prove yourself to?

[edited by support]
Last edited by Michael_GGG on Dec 18, 2014, 7:27:33 PM
Cool to see it in action. But i have a problem with your skill tree. I saw what you said in your post. But my concern isn't with health. It's with crit. I am making a Crit Staff Flicker strike build right now and this is what i came up with.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E356Gh02mKUoMautz5BhzwtcqnE9lnzrKrJZ0FyvJrtRNWLSi6npWaewBqQVRo4Jy_60jbpJKoWb-Nqj0YdFFiuXqUTcfuLkn33Mphv3CPlz2BDbj0DljsogwlvnncHhxOcpJu1wzrKSg-rUzVtbLVIcFIqC_PqcNWJ09i9_gph4iaVFr9sjJ2qNj25fIwL7LBd8g5IY0OMNlVLYqwxnqZXOuHyRTQxhX0WQGjyr2xM_4Y7NI5r2QSzogDwH-RRZ5uuPnfjOQ4Jlpd57w5QR18_FCAt0p8-

This tree has more health %. But the big thing about the 1.3 update is that it nerfed crit pretty hard with 2h weapons on the templer side.

your build only has 315% crit chance. Which for staves is pretty low considering most staves have a crit chance base around 8-8.75.

My tree has a Crit chance of 530% also has 158% increase life.

I get that you want blast radius for SS. But amplify is honestly enough for the radius of SS.

Honestly man i am not bashing your build. Glad to see the 2h crit staff is doing good. Glad you are having fun with it. Just putting my two sense.

Btw, Does the 10% chance to gain a power charge on crit work pretty good? i figured 10% is pretty low, but i guess if your hitting a lot it wouldn't be a problem.

"
XtraSalty wrote:
Cool to see it in action. But i have a problem with your skill tree. I saw what you said in your post. But my concern isn't with health. It's with crit. I am making a Crit Staff Flicker strike build right now and this is what i came up with.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA2E356Gh02mKUoMautz5BhzwtcqnE9lnzrKrJZ0FyvJrtRNWLSi6npWaewBqQVRo4Jy_60jbpJKoWb-Nqj0YdFFiuXqUTcfuLkn33Mphv3CPlz2BDbj0DljsogwlvnncHhxOcpJu1wzrKSg-rUzVtbLVIcFIqC_PqcNWJ09i9_gph4iaVFr9sjJ2qNj25fIwL7LBd8g5IY0OMNlVLYqwxnqZXOuHyRTQxhX0WQGjyr2xM_4Y7NI5r2QSzogDwH-RRZ5uuPnfjOQ4Jlpd57w5QR18_FCAt0p8-

This tree has more health %. But the big thing about the 1.3 update is that it nerfed crit pretty hard with 2h weapons on the templer side.

your build only has 315% crit chance. Which for staves is pretty low considering most staves have a crit chance base around 8-8.75.

My tree has a Crit chance of 530% also has 158% increase life.

I get that you want blast radius for SS. But amplify is honestly enough for the radius of SS.

Honestly man i am not bashing your build. Glad to see the 2h crit staff is doing good. Glad you are having fun with it. Just putting my two sense.

Btw, Does the 10% chance to gain a power charge on crit work pretty good? i figured 10% is pretty low, but i guess if your hitting a lot it wouldn't be a problem.

I think the biggest difference here is for your build, you rely upon reliably one shotting things to keep the flicker train going. For a build oriented towards AOE explosions that prolif burn (via HOA), critting 50% of the time is quite sufficient and it's more important for it to be a big hard hit when it crits. With that in mind, you might want to even try this build w/o Multistrike. It will feel a little "slow" but if you're objective about it, you may find you one shot *everything* which will infact increase your clear speed (and free up a socket for another useful gem like Inc Crit Strikes which is still very useful, or Inc AOE which is ENORMOUS for Static Strike.)
@BeerPact

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info