FACEBREAKER 2.0 **Counter Skills are Broken** (Patch 1.3)

have gotten close to 100 hours in a FB mars and I have to say, this patch, while it did knock me off my block chance, my dps has sky-rocketed. and the trigger gems are a beauty to be sure. I only have one of them but maybe the fates will say otherwise for me later. I run HoA on bm separate from my other auras and I also am up to 42k dps. my gear isn't even best in slot and yes, it is atziri viable to be sure. especially with these trigger gems. I plan to get all 3 and run them probably all 3 in a 4l and run added chaos with it for lulz and see if it runs well.
Spoiler
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
With a few new points wouldn't you be able to add RF to the mix and have a really OP BUILD?
Well I've been enjoying this so much and have learned so much from you all that I thought I would share the build I came up with from everything everyone has posted. The goal here is to hit every good shield node within a reasonable range.

The passive block chance is a whopping 29%. Also most of the bonus armor / evasion will be coming from % increased defenses from shield (%440). The chance to evade has been removed (IR), and it seemed smart to pair with stun immunity for no downside (US). While the % max life is a little low (150%), the extra 15% blocked attacks seems like a fair trade. Would definitely get a spell blocker like rainbowstride to pair with this since it should be near max block (75%).

This build is achievable at lvl 85 so there is some room to pick up armor or life nodes as you see fit (Unyielding / Soul of Steel for Armor, plenty of 5% life nodes open). Mana flows for 2 points should solve any mana issues though I think testudo will cover it at 8 mana / block and near max block.

The 14 points for the 2 block clusters over by duelist / ranger are the most expensive of the bunch, it is completely viable to have a much tighter build and fill out the nearby %life and armor nodes instead if you're having survivability issues.

Side note: I really don't understand why everyone wanted the three node pathing above soul of steel with 2 int nodes. If you really want int pick up the 30 int notable over by RT.

Lvl 85 Build

Also I figured I'd share, this is how I started the build to get RT and MotA at 35 pts

Cheers, keep up the good work!
Last edited by Cheezyblasters on Dec 23, 2014, 7:13:18 AM
"
Well I've been enjoying this so much and have learned so much from you all that I thought I would share the build I came up with from everything everyone has posted. The goal here is to hit every good shield node within a reasonable range.

The passive block chance is a whopping 29%. Also most of the bonus armor / evasion will be coming from % increased defenses from shield (%440). The chance to evade has been removed (IR), and it seemed smart to pair with stun immunity for no downside (US). While the % max life is a little low (150%), the extra 15% blocked attacks seems like a fair trade. Would definitely get a spell blocker like rainbowstride to pair with this since it should be near max block (75%).

This build is achievable at lvl 85 so there is some room to pick up armor or life nodes as you see fit (Unyielding / Soul of Steel for Armor, plenty of 5% life nodes open). Mana flows for 2 points should solve any mana issues though I think testudo will cover it at 8 mana / block and near max block.

The 14 points for the 2 block clusters over by duelist / ranger are the most expensive of the bunch, it is completely viable to have a much tighter build and fill out the nearby %life and armor nodes instead if you're having survivability issues.

Side note: I really don't understand why everyone wanted the three node pathing above soul of steel with 2 int nodes. If you really want int pick up the 30 int notable over by RT.

Lvl 85 Build

Also I figured I'd share, this is how I started the build to get RT and MotA at 35 pts

Cheers, keep up the good work!

Good feedback and good to see you working on a variant, my only issue is you lose a lot to gain so little, with the new shield [Great Old One's Ward] it has very low defences but much more offensive-ability which leaves most of your shield defence nodes in the dust and requiring you to pick up more global defence nodes. But if you choose to run a rare shield with high tier armor or ev then your build is a decent way to go.

Also,
if you need unwavering.

Spoiler

"
sklipnoty wrote:
With a few new points wouldn't you be able to add RF to the mix and have a really OP BUILD?

I keep trying to do this on my facebreaker builds but I can't attain high enough regen without losing damage or keystones that are key to the build.

I keep getting asked ingame about a build without BM so I updated the first page with one and I'll post it here also
ign Duelin_n_shit // AccidentlyTheWholeThing // Shweepin
Phys Static Strike build www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124778
New Facebreaker 2.0 counterbuild www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421
Started From The Bottom remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndHO2lvF3k
Last edited by Blindfold on Dec 23, 2014, 10:51:14 PM
why does everyone in this post use chance to ignite with Herald of Ash? it already has 100% chance to ignite
"

Im curious, how highly do you rate the life gain on hit with the cyclone? I havent hit many high level maps (72 max) and am getting by with blood magic in cyclone/a bit of life leech/warlords mark and a qual inc duration/IC setup and dont seem to have any issue taking damage. This has let me swap over to mana with zero mana nodes taken.

Do you think ill be gimping myself really hard for higher content? wish I could link my gear but still havent worked out how to D:

edit: im not running abyssus yet as itll throw out all my res, that's something i wasnt taking in to account.. all the extra phys damage there. that would make lgoh a lot more important i imagine
Last edited by cr8 on Dec 24, 2014, 2:22:37 AM
"
aznsky01 wrote:
why does everyone in this post use chance to ignite with Herald of Ash? it already has 100% chance to ignite

Cose some time hard get 3 red socets now i use thats gems
Interesting to say the least. I respected my level 89 marauder ton the tanky static strike build posted a few days ago.Current gear is..

Of note about the build (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1134722) is the endurance charge on melee stun that is linked to the counterattack skills. I pretty much always have my 6 endurance charges up. Its still a wip, and I'm tweaking it to suit myself. DPs is low (about 14k) but the heralds are all doing their crazy stuff as well as static strike so I have no idea what my actual DPs is. In solo, everything explodes pretty fast. Survivability seems good but it would be great to have more life. Oh, it has 75 block and umm about 45 spell block so the counterattacks proc really well. Using BoR really makes it hard to use the 3rd counterattack.

I'm keen to tweak the build and try face breakers. Somebody already asked but no answer.. How does it fare with non legacy face breakers? I have a pair of non legacy ones and would like to know :)

Last edited by rampagingrabbit on Dec 24, 2014, 5:32:47 AM
Here is my dps with non legacy breakers in a 4l.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info