FACEBREAKER 2.0 **Counter Skills are Broken** (Patch 1.3)

"
FB ARE BROKEN BEYOND REPAIR, not worth the investment

This has not been my experience at all...with cyclone, riposte, reckoning, and ice crash, my FB build is cruising through cruel without running hatred. I have a shelved highlevel FB toon prepatch that I didn't want to respec while navigating the new tree so I started a duelist with noqual or lowqual gems. Ofc normal Malachai tore me up a bit the first time I saw him until I learned a bit about his fight, but NOTHING else has challenged me so far. I should get to face him in cruel soon and I am a bit leery about that, but there is nothing about my FB build that is beyond repair. Not even close. I fully expect that the remainder of cruel and merciless outside of Malachai should be fairly manageable. Keep in mind my tree is not optimized yet, and I have yet to invest, craft, or mess around much with any jewels. Just the gloves, herald of ash, grace, ironreflexes, a shield and some block chance, and the normal flat physical gear you should seek in a FB build.
---Mothernature---level 61 Witch Dual Sporker
---Nuee_Ardente---level 51 Templar Endurance Marauder
---Primum_Frigidum---level 79 Cold Witch Pulser
Last edited by muddymushroom on Jul 16, 2015, 5:23:30 PM
Went ahead and said f it and tried this build again using the skill tree I posted above. Pretty much works the same as before, but I am thinking about switching out my 4L chest which has my counter skills and trying to get a 5L to get my Cyclone and add fortify.

Was able to do a 74 map with 18% reflect pretty easily.
yay nerfs. if you find something fun, ggg will nerf it. guaranteed. I've found a build that just destroys things, kills bosses in 2 seconds and clears maps so fast all you see is dead mobs when you walk through a map. Kept it secret for almost a year now and whaddaya know, it actually got better with 2.0! Not gonna say what it is because ggg will nerf it. It takes a lot of time and money though.
"
yay nerfs. if you find something fun, ggg will nerf it. guaranteed. I've found a build that just destroys things, kills bosses in 2 seconds and clears maps so fast all you see is dead mobs when you walk through a map. Kept it secret for almost a year now and whaddaya know, it actually got better with 2.0! Not gonna say what it is because ggg will nerf it. It takes a lot of time and money though.

rofl
MFJonesHC
So this is what I am doing let me know what you guys think

Offence

Offence With 3 Frenzy and Atziri

Defence

Defence With 3 Endurance and Rumi Flask

PassiveTree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAAdwEhwSzBS0GOQkzC2EMXwz3FCAVIBm0Gj4brRynIWAppSzpLYMvzDJONZI64TwtPQ894j38QKBEnka3R35I7k3jUEdRYFOlU7tYY18_YuxlTWebaPJvO3KpdO108Xasd-N4rnk5eWh673zZfXV-4oNfg8yE2YTvhrOMz4-ZogCpbqmVrK-uPq9sr6e2irc-vTa-p8AawGbAv8EEwYLEFcRYxPbGrsbYz37RNtNv037YvdrB4izkUeoY7w7vevAf8i_yRfMG9kj2o_cy-6r-Cv6P_ro=?accountName=SantaKlouse&characterName=Maraudero

For the links i was thinking something liek this

BOR: Cyclone- added fire -fortify- blood magic

4L: Riposte - Reckoning - Curse - COH (vulnerability, warlords mark, poachers mark)

4L: Hatred - Herald of Ash - Tempest Shield - Blood Rage

3L: Sheild Charge - Enduring Cry - Faster Attacks
IGN:SANTAKLOUSE
Last edited by SantaKlouse on Aug 5, 2015, 6:16:09 PM
@SantaKlouse

I came in here a few days ago and must say I had never used shield charge on a facebreaker before. It's working pretty well for me, trying to work out a good way to socket it. I also copied your counter skills curse on hit setup which is pretty cool.

To be honest with this build I've hit a bit of a ceiling in maps (map lvls 70-72) around level 83ish. With 2.0 I respecced slightly to run Ice crash which is going ok but I struggle with survivability sometimes. I've got 4.5k HP, 11k armour, and around 25-30k ish tooltip dps on ice crash, which is... ok.

My build so far:

My gear:

But I'm considering swapping out Abyssus because the increased damage taken is pretty intense, I just die too much to level up anymore. But removing it drops my DPS a LOT. However with the increased survivability I'll have without it, I've been considering picking up a carcass jack which should help compensate for the damage.

Buuuut I'm not sure what helm I should pick up instead? Any ideas?

Until recently I was running this shield too,

But went for lioneyes cause it's so damn tanky (cheap too!). Once again I'm cutting back on damage buff survivability here.

The other thing I'm thinking about doing is dropping an ele prolif and increased burning damage on HoA..

Any other help would be appreciated
Last edited by evilstarship on Aug 23, 2015, 7:10:10 AM
An update: I'm now level 85, aiming to finish my build up at level 89 with this passive tree

I've been using this with some success, and a lot of shield charge, although the socket colours aren't ideal (needs more red)

I haven't applied an ascendancy to this char yet.

A lot of talk going on at the moment about how shield charge is real bad, but a bunch of people still think it's really fun
is it just me or does every skill tree posted show up unfinished (broken links between nodes the founder claims are necessary)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info