FACEBREAKER 2.0 **Counter Skills are Broken** (Patch 1.3)

"
Lvled a char last night, currently lv 61 and this build is insanely fun. Not sure how well it'll translate to 75+ maps though.

Insanely easy, only thing I'm finding difficult is running into +packsize rooms filled with magic/rare spawns and forgetting that I reserved half my life for lulz, I'll be taking off blood magic soon and finding a way for mana regen
ign Duelin_n_shit // AccidentlyTheWholeThing // Shweepin
Phys Static Strike build www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124778
New Facebreaker 2.0 counterbuild www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421
Started From The Bottom remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndHO2lvF3k
10 points for 20% increased area of effect radius and 8% area damage seems steep. If you skip the templar area and grab the +block chance when shield/dual at scion start you lose some armor and life/life regen, but gain 4% block chance and a little extra phys damage. This will leave you with 2 extra points to make up some of the lost Armor and life. I think that using them to grab an extra endurance charge would probably be better though so that's what I did in the modified tree below. Also, drop the Strength nodes above RT and grab the 14% armor and 1 str node for better pathing.

Possible 100 point tree

Too bad getting 4 red sockets on a Carcass Jack would be so damned hard to do.

PS. Your screenshot shows pre-IR armor/evasion. What are you running now with IR? I'm hoping to get a general sense of what you have so I can determine if i want to use my 6s5l Belly of the Beast or a 5l Cherrubim's since I do not have a 1500+ evasion shield and probably can't afford a good one.
Last edited by HammurabiJones on Dec 19, 2014, 3:43:24 PM
Would really appreciate some leveling information, trying to do this build and im doing no damage and really slow clear speed, not sure what im doing wrong.
Hi,

First of all, thank you man!

I have not played my Marauder for many months and your build me want to try.

That mean? Fantastic!

I tested on a map 76 because I'm a little rusty cyclone and I'll finally get my Marauder.

My reckoning gems, response & vengance were level 1 ... no difficulty encountered.

I had a shield with just 27% blocking (this will be the day my purchase).

My gear:

Spoiler

I'm level 86 atm:

19.5K DPS Cyclone
~ 12k for vengeance.

Thanks again man!
Last edited by vick666 on Dec 20, 2014, 5:04:05 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like 1.3 was a huge buff especially to Facebreakers. One thing I have to say though is that with this build using Abyssus physical reflect could become an issue if you stack too much damage on these counter skills.

I found it to be very efficient just relying on these counter skills for aoe while your main skill can go without melee splash for maximum single target damage. You could use HoA with elemental proliferation+inc burn or inc aoe for more aoe. I found that the proliferated burn+counter skills clear trash faster than using melee splash on my main skill.
Video please.

How will it do with a FB at ~700-800%, since new league max is 800%?
Last edited by Amidine on Dec 20, 2014, 6:43:42 PM
That best build what I play. Easy leveling no needed 5-6L gear, work fine with no legasy fb. At lvl 63 i doing 73 promenade map wo any problems. My gear and links now

HoA burn all pack after 1-2 hits, some time have troble with mana but not often.
Last edited by Arp0 on Dec 21, 2014, 4:55:37 AM
im running a similar build, BUT with Shield Charge as main skill :) i'll post it on a separate trhead. for me the counter skill scale very well with Con effect
"
brenowlol wrote:
Would really appreciate some leveling information, trying to do this build and im doing no damage and really slow clear speed, not sure what im doing wrong.

Wear anything with +phys damage and run infernal blow + melee splash or cyclone, it's a breeze.

"
Spoiler
10 points for 20% increased area of effect radius and 8% area damage seems steep. If you skip the templar area and grab the +block chance when shield/dual at scion start you lose some armor and life/life regen, but gain 4% block chance and a little extra phys damage. This will leave you with 2 extra points to make up some of the lost Armor and life. I think that using them to grab an extra endurance charge would probably be better though so that's what I did in the modified tree below. Also, drop the Strength nodes above RT and grab the 14% armor and 1 str node for better pathing.

Possible 100 point tree

Too bad getting 4 red sockets on a Carcass Jack would be so damned hard to do.

PS. Your screenshot shows pre-IR armor/evasion. What are you running now with IR? I'm hoping to get a general sense of what you have so I can determine if i want to use my 6s5l Belly of the Beast or a 5l Cherrubim's since I do not have a 1500+ evasion shield and probably can't afford a good one.

Everything you do is AoE, the points are 110% worth it. I haven't been able to play much given it's the christmas season but I haven't reached IR yet on this character, grabbing IR will decreases survivability given the stupidly high amount of evasion I have due to my shield but IR will allow the 3 counter skills to proc more often. As of this moment, all 3 of the counter skills rarely proc cause I'm evading so many hits.

Also your build
Spoiler

NO. BAD. ANYTHING THAT MAKES YOU TOUCH THOSE 3 NODES IS BAD. 3 WORST NODES ON THE ENTIRE TREE

"
vick666 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi,

First of all, thank you man!

I have not played my Marauder for many months and your build me want to try.

That mean? Fantastic!

I tested on a map 76 because I'm a little rusty cyclone and I'll finally get my Marauder.

My reckoning gems, response & vengance were level 1 ... no difficulty encountered.

I had a shield with just 27% blocking (this will be the day my purchase).

My gear:

Spoiler

I'm level 86 atm:

19.5K DPS Cyclone
~ 12k for vengeance.

Thanks again man!

Keep up the good work FBBrother, that shield looks wicked i gotta find me one of those.

"
EmAitch wrote:
Spoiler
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like 1.3 was a huge buff especially to Facebreakers. One thing I have to say though is that with this build using Abyssus physical reflect could become an issue if you stack too much damage on these counter skills.

I found it to be very efficient just relying on these counter skills for aoe while your main skill can go without melee splash for maximum single target damage. You could use HoA with elemental proliferation+inc burn or inc aoe for more aoe. I found that the proliferated burn+counter skills clear trash faster than using melee splash on my main skill.

If reflect ever becomes a problem for you, wear this

Only issue with linking HoA to anything means you'll be reserving more life if you're BM. I will be trying that out later and avoiding the use of hatred to see how it works it, sweet idea man.
ign Duelin_n_shit // AccidentlyTheWholeThing // Shweepin
Phys Static Strike build www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1124778
New Facebreaker 2.0 counterbuild www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1132421
Started From The Bottom remix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GndHO2lvF3k
"
Arp0 wrote:
That best build what I play. Easy leveling no needed 5-6L gear, work fine with no legasy fb. At lvl 63 i doing 73 promenade map wo any problems. My gear and links now
HoA burn all pack after 1-2 hits, some time have troble with mana but not often.

Been using this too slightly diff gear. i find 1% mana leech solves mana issues. spec is good but a bit low dps in groups. my infernal blow is 33.6k with HoA/Hatred, this spec:

Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAAecEswUtCTMMXwz3FCAUTRRxFSAYkRm0Gj4aVRuXHKcpLimlLOkvzDGeMk426DrhPC09_ECgR35M_01GTipQR1OlValYY14TXz9gS2EhYuxko2VNZ5to8moBapNyqXTtdqx343k5eu97jHy4fNl-4oIHhNmE75e0ns2fy5_fogCmV6cwqZWsr62Nrj6vbLZBtz68n702vqfAZsC_wYLEWMauxtjK089-0TbSIdi92XziLORR6dXqGO8O73zwH_Iv8kHyRfZI9zL46_xL_go=

gear:

wish i had more sockets for cyclone
Last edited by roflstiltsken on Dec 22, 2014, 1:54:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info