FACEBREAKER 2.0 **Counter Skills are Broken** (Patch 1.3)

I got pretty bored last night and clicked the marauder subforum looking for a cheap build to mess around with, I had old characters with full passive resets so I went with this build here

Man, it's fun. I slapped some gear I had laying around and gems from league after league of playing, stuff that was rotting on standard. Specced an old 76 mara and mapped until 79, it can handle end-game maps easy, even at such a lowish level.

I could definitely see myself making a char like this for the next league.
@BoggleBoggleBoggle - nice! It really is a fun build.

I was scared about the Vengeance nerf, but honestly it didn't do much to me. I'm using:

And I'm just plowing through early 70s maps very easily. Love this build! Thanks to OP for the post.
My current skill tree

My gear
Spoiler

I used Daresso's Defiance for the Onslaught buff; with the extra endurance charge from Oak and the ones on the tree I have up to 5 seconds of onslaught when hit. The Rainbowstrides and Lazwhar are crucial for spell block on high level maps. I switched to cyclone over infernal blow; IB with melee splash was great for mobs but awful for single targets. Blood magic on cyclone, and no mana cost for the Counter skills, lets you send the increased mana nodes to hell(I picked up an extra frenzy charge and some melee damage nodes). Still the most successful build I've ever had and is extremely cheap. The only pricey item I have is the legacy facebreakers. Thanks to the original builder and those who posted their own contributions to the build.
Last edited by Spund209 on Feb 20, 2015, 6:41:39 PM
*edit... nvm my post xD
Last edited by Ronskibonski on Feb 19, 2015, 4:24:53 PM
I'm currently level 70, and considering respeccing out of Blood Magic so that I can use another aura (wrath?) as my dps is quite modest right now (IB = 11.5K), but worried I might have mana issues. Most of my DPS seems to come from IB (I prefer it over cyclone) at the moment - need to push more block chance nodes for the counter skills I think.. and maybe link them up better. I'm also pretty poor and don't have nearly as good gear as most people here...

Gear:

I know I know I should prob drop carnage heart soon as possible..

Running this tree:

I've just reached the shield tree below duelest, but thinking I should respec some points from BM and go towards Unwavering stance and bloodless?

Maybe I'll pick up that Mana Flows node just to be safe?

/HopingIDontBreakMyCharacter
Last edited by evilstarship on Mar 9, 2015, 12:40:58 AM
Hiya! This build looks sooo good! :O

One question though: What gear(uniques) are required besides the Facebreaker?

Hope to hear from you soon :D
Fun build. Level 85 now. Currently running with these:

@ YunYunHakusho I would probably say that Meginord's Girdle and Abyssus are the other key items for this build, due to their high physical damage.
My character didn't really get very strong until I had those as well
"
evilstarship wrote:
@ YunYunHakusho I would probably say that Meginord's Girdle and Abyssus are the other key items for this build, due to their high physical damage.
My character didn't really get very strong until I had those as well

Good thing I have a Meginord's Girdle ready then :D
Another question though: Which shield is better a good rare, Lioneye's Remorse or Aegis Aurora? I currently use Aegis, though I have a Lioneye's in my other character.

Here's my current equip(it's a link to the other server):

Also, is it bad that I use Herald of Ash + Tempest Shield while on blood magic? Or should I stop using them//only use them when I don't have blood magic?
"
YunYunHakusho wrote:

(...)
Another question though: Which shield is better a good rare, Lioneye's Remorse or Aegis Aurora? I currently use Aegis, though I have a Lioneye's in my other character.
(...)

I'd say a good rare is best. Currently i am using

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info