[2.2 WIP] Grocery's 400k+ DPS Frenzy Tornado Shot Physical Bow Build!

This may sound like a newbie questions but represents something that i'm struggling with:

I'm using a TS/Puncture build on Torment and initially i was following mathil's guide.

I started as ranger but as you may imagine the tree is pretty much the same as yours.

This week i spent all my currency on a 3 res high life high eva chest since my survavability was really really bad and i had negative resists (cold).

Now i'm with capped res and almost done, only have to get a better bow i believe (maybe better gloves too).
But i'm only sitting at 7-8k dps.

My questions is: will a better bow increase my dps insanelly or am i doing something wrong? (using a chin sol atm)

AS: 2.8
Crit: Around 40%

Gear:
Spoiler
Atm im playing a TS ranger on Torment, but i've started to run into problems where i feel that my character doesent do as much dmg as it's supposed to with gear that i have. I'm currently using a Windripper, and i'm not sure if that's the right call, and maybe i should try to get a good phys Harbringer? Also, my links are currently: TS, BM, LL, WED, GMP, and ICD - Since i'm using a Windripper, i dont have enough leech from gear, as my phys dmg is very low, and i'm using BM to be able to run another Herald, and not have to worry about mana leech b/c of the low phys dmg.

My current build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILg-rEYEVIBa_GY4ZtB9BIXYj9iT9JpUqCyo4Kk0s6TBxMHwx-jIJNZI51DpCOrM_J0p9SshLeE2SUEJRR1FMUzVVS1b6W69h4mOnZU1noGxGbqpvnnBScmxyw3XLdvd3B3fXfVt9dX8rgwmGzocTh3aMNo19jb-QCpuNm7WcpKCfqW6rC6xHr-u1SLXyu-O9Nr6nwTPDOsSiykrK08wG037UI9aK2L3dDd1G3ajjn-dU6mLtg-4O73rz6vzF_gr-uv_e

I'm still able to clear 77 maps, but the bosses are taking ages. What would you change?
"
NixOwl wrote:
This may sound like a newbie questions but represents something that i'm struggling with:

I'm using a TS/Puncture build on Torment and initially i was following mathil's guide.

I started as ranger but as you may imagine the tree is pretty much the same as yours.

This week i spent all my currency on a 3 res high life high eva chest since my survavability was really really bad and i had negative resists (cold).

Now i'm with capped res and almost done, only have to get a better bow i believe (maybe better gloves too).
But i'm only sitting at 7-8k dps.

My questions is: will a better bow increase my dps insanelly or am i doing something wrong? (using a chin sol atm)

AS: 2.8
Crit: Around 40%

Gear:
Spoiler

Yes a bow with high crit will be a huge dps boost for you. Crit works this way. If you have a Chin Sol it has 5% base crit chance. So you get 100% crit chance on the tree and that adds 5%, you would be at 10% crit chance.

If you had a bow with 9% crit chance, your crit from the 100% increased on tree would now give you another 9% instead of 5%, bringing you to 18%. As you can see Crit is insane and it needs to be on the bow. DPS does matter but crit is HUGE.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
bevervot wrote:
Atm im playing a TS ranger on Torment, but i've started to run into problems where i feel that my character doesent do as much dmg as it's supposed to with gear that i have. I'm currently using a Windripper, and i'm not sure if that's the right call, and maybe i should try to get a good phys Harbringer? Also, my links are currently: TS, BM, LL, WED, GMP, and ICD - Since i'm using a Windripper, i dont have enough leech from gear, as my phys dmg is very low, and i'm using BM to be able to run another Herald, and not have to worry about mana leech b/c of the low phys dmg.

My current build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILg-rEYEVIBa_GY4ZtB9BIXYj9iT9JpUqCyo4Kk0s6TBxMHwx-jIJNZI51DpCOrM_J0p9SshLeE2SUEJRR1FMUzVVS1b6W69h4mOnZU1noGxGbqpvnnBScmxyw3XLdvd3B3fXfVt9dX8rgwmGzocTh3aMNo19jb-QCpuNm7WcpKCfqW6rC6xHr-u1SLXyu-O9Nr6nwTPDOsSiykrK08wG037UI9aK2L3dDd1G3ajjn-dU6mLtg-4O73rz6vzF_gr-uv_e

I'm still able to clear 77 maps, but the bosses are taking ages. What would you change?

I would get a decent Harbinger bow with a good crit roll and decent DPS. Windripper is not as strong as it once was and relies heavily on auras. Furthermore, since you have to use vaal pact you spend a lot of nodes going over there. with a phys bow you can get leech on gear and from blood drinker and spend points elsewhere.

Windripper also necessitates the use of Blood Magic/Life Leech so it takes away even more damage. With a few leech pieces and blood/mind drinker you save 2 gems on each attacking skill which is huge.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Thanks for the fast reply. I'm assuming the rest of my gear will get me easily to atziri (may try to do ubber once I improve it). So now my final effort will be to get a better bow. 300 fps and 9 crit with 1.3 or 1.2 attack speed is enough? If yes, will it also be enough for ubber?

Thanks for the help
Happy New year ;)
Last edited by NixOwl on Jan 1, 2015, 9:38:16 PM
"
NixOwl wrote:
Thanks for the fast reply. I'm assuming the rest of my gear will get me easily to atziri (may try to do ubber once I improve it). So now my final effort will be to get a better bow. 300 fps and 9 crit with 1.3 or 1.2 attack speed is enough? If yes, will it also be enough for ubber?

Thanks for the help
Happy New year ;)

Def enough to do Atziri. Uber might want a bit higher tbh as it really is the most difficult and most end game fight there is (the hardest fight in game should require excellent gear too, which is why RF got nerfed), but it is really about your playstyle so long as you kill the adds fast enough. Basically you need to meet the dps check for the adds and be good enough to not die to split phase.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Last edited by Grocery on Jan 1, 2015, 9:52:35 PM
Can you tell me please how you solve mana problems ? You have no leech.
"

He probably updated an item in his gears and the original gears are not exactly what he is using now. My guess is that he grabbed a ring or quiver with 2% mana leech and dropped mind drinker.

With that said running the 3 auras will only leave you 120ish mana without any mana in gears and even with high physical damage I found mana issues a little squishy in the 120 mana range leeching 2 percent from a ring, etc. even with the slow attack speed. I respec'd into some faster attack speed grabbing 20% increased attack speed from the new duelist area to test and if you do not have any added mana 120ish mana can lead to problems unless every attack hits a monster so trying to run real fast for clears can in some cases cause problems. The added 20% to maximum mana by grabbing mind drinker node will add about one additional shot to your TS, etc. and IMO that's worth the 3 points to get there instead of worrying about getting the 2 percent on rings, etc and not having that 1 extra shot buffer. Better yet get + mana in a few items and be a little less squishy. The 2% mana leech is plenty to sustain mana if you are actually hitting targets yet if you are used to fast attack speed on bow builds then the mana leech takes some getting used to or try and get added mana in gears so you have a buffer.

Just my 2 cents on the mana issue since I come from bow builds that were based on the fastest attack speeds I could attain and using BM (blood magic) for sustaining all mana based attack skills, etc. It takes some getting used to when only having 120 - 150ish mana to work with.

Or you could drop herald of ash to remove the least of your damage auras and try that out, its an option.
Last edited by NewbieDOTcom on Jan 2, 2015, 9:48:30 AM
Thx.

I am currently running this build, lvl 57, Have Mind Drinker and running only 2 auras. 87 mana is my total pool and I am forced to use flasks :-/
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:
"

He probably updated an item in his gears and the original gears are not exactly what he is using now. My guess is that he grabbed a ring or quiver with 2% mana leech and dropped mind drinker.

With that said running the 3 auras will only leave you 120ish mana without any mana in gears and even with high physical damage I found mana issues a little squishy in the 120 mana range leeching 2 percent from a ring, etc. even with the slow attack speed. I respec'd into some faster attack speed grabbing 20% increased attack speed from the new duelist area to test and if you do not have any added mana 120ish mana can lead to problems unless every attack hits a monster so trying to run real fast for clears can in some cases cause problems. The added 20% to maximum mana by grabbing mind drinker node will add about one additional shot to your TS, etc. and IMO that's worth the 3 points to get there instead of worrying about getting the 2 percent on rings, etc and not having that 1 extra shot buffer. Better yet get + mana in a few items and be a little less squishy. The 2% mana leech is plenty to sustain mana if you are actually hitting targets yet if you are used to fast attack speed on bow builds then the mana leech takes some getting used to or try and get added mana in gears so you have a buffer.

Just my 2 cents on the mana issue since I come from bow builds that were based on the fastest attack speeds I could attain and using BM (blood magic) for sustaining all mana based attack skills, etc. It takes some getting used to when only having 120 - 150ish mana to work with.

Or you could drop herald of ash to remove the least of your damage auras and try that out, its an option.

I am not running herald of ice as of now, just to have the unreserved mana, but I do use it sometimes. Herald of Ash is better than Heral dof Ice, so drop ice if needed.

I did update my gear and got mana leech on a ring. It is definitely good if you don't need to use BM because that becomes a big dps loss.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info