2.0 Mathil's Life Crit Ele Kinetic Blaster - Cheap, easy, effective

Ive been doing 78s maps pretty easy - yes i do die from time to time and yes i play on standard, wouldnt play it in hardcore league - none the less its pretty fun and can survive most mobs imo.
Gear (nothing fantastic)

Spoiler

Tree

Defensive

Spoiler

3.8K life
117mana left (can cast 2 shot and once hit my mana is full again, so hardly went out when fighting mobs)
2.5k Evasion (need to increase this)

Offensive
Spoiler

Single Target:

Auras

Super clearspeed. But the main problems i found with this build are monsters like Kraitlyn and his variations in cove/canyon etc as well as flicker monsters pretty much destroy you before you can react and even if you do damage them the single target is a bit lacking since none of them die fast even with frost wall up. Also the porcupine monsters that shatter into spikes upon death tend to melt your hp if you don't pay attention and have your granite up.

I guess this build is great for clearspeed as it is by far the best among all the builds i have ever seen but its absolutely bad when it comes to survival and those looking to go HC with it should just find another variation.

Thanks mathil, loved the build though seeing as it was self found.
Mathil you mentioned about getting Vaal Pact, can you post a complete skill tree for this guide?
I am really liking this type of build so far but I do have a few questions. I am completely new to playing a wand character. I have played the game since open beta but they always just seemed to expensive to get involved with and did not have alot of variety in builds. I also play in Normal (I know boooo to you newb) I understand that you self found gear for this toon but just had a few questions about optimal gear choices if you had the right gear available to you.

Crown of Eyes vs. Alpha's Howl vs. Resist/Life Helm. I am currently running Crown of Eyes but I am curious what your thoughts on CoE vs. Being able to run an additional aura & higher level auras are.

Cloak of Defiance vs Belly of the Beast vs. Linked Resist/Life chest. Once again I am running a 5L Legacy CoD. If you had the choice would you do the same or would you stay with Belly? Also what about using a rare chest instead of either unique and what would be best, Straight ES, AR/ES or EV/ES

Aura Choices. I do understand most game mechanics but I am a little out of my depth when it comes to wand builds. Everything is phys based with a wand but yet the are considered Ele builds. We look for Phys life & mana leech but it seems that the traditional phys auras kind of take a back seat. By that I am referring to Hatred and Herald of Ash. These are typically the go to for phys builds because they are an additional % of you Phys as extra damage not a conversion of your phys damage. Were your choices of Anger & Wrath due to that is what was available to you or would you continue to run them if you had them all available to you? Or is there some mechanics around wand builds that I am not seeing that makes you want flat ele damage mods instead? Currently I am running HoT/Curse on Hit/Assasin's Mark/Reduced mana in a 4L and in another 4L Hatred/HoA/Red Mana/Clarity. I should point out as well that I am playing this as a witch not a shadow.

Current gear
Spoiler

"
Decembertide wrote:
Super clearspeed. But the main problems i found with this build are monsters like Kraitlyn and his variations in cove/canyon etc as well as flicker monsters pretty much destroy you before you can react and even if you do damage them the single target is a bit lacking since none of them die fast even with frost wall up. Also the porcupine monsters that shatter into spikes upon death tend to melt your hp if you don't pay attention and have your granite up.

I guess this build is great for clearspeed as it is by far the best among all the builds i have ever seen but its absolutely bad when it comes to survival and those looking to go HC with it should just find another variation.

Thanks mathil, loved the build though seeing as it was self found.

well, i'm currently doing this so good so far, here the details:
- running 4 aura Anger/Wrath/HoT/HoI
- max res
- 8k7 GMP KB without charges/ 12k with charges
- using piscator
- 33% eva
- 2% def
- 3 hp flash/ 1 eva flash/ 1 quicksilver

my strategy is always use KB from afar, when face exiles or flicker bosses/mobs then i use eva flask to get ~55% eva and run near wall/corner, shoot again wall and the boss/exile die in instant

PS is so good so far and best use in running mobs or facing boss from afar

my tree is a bit difference from Mathil in this topic but it's the hybrid of 2 of his build :D , i got Vall Pact, and 5l chest with: KB-PoCC-LL-WeD-GMP

tree: 102/120 lv85

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4EBwYjBx4JoA5ID6sPxBGWFLAWvxmKGo8dqh9BJpUqCyo4Kk0tHzWSNj06WDt8Pyc_c0V8RnFJUUrITLNQMFFMUzVVS1XGWbxd8l8qYeJirGNDakNrF2yMbOdtbG6qb55wUnDVc3B3B31bf8aCHoMJg9uHE4nTjAuMNpUglS6Xl5phm7WcpJ2qn4iio6lurEe0OLVItfK4yrl8vOq-7sBUwfPCc8M6xSjHyslEykrOcNi92wvhiOUZ6-TssPDV8-r2W_ba9uf7Cfv1

i only die when my ping go up to 700 or 800 peak

just test my survivability at 18% element dmg reflect map, on element dmg reflect boss and his minions near him, with just a bit care, i cant die even got surround by bunches of mobs, 3k3 hp
Last edited by xfatal on Dec 26, 2014, 3:30:34 PM
"
XxLabanxX wrote:
I am really liking this type of build so far but I do have a few questions. I am completely new to playing a wand character. I have played the game since open beta but they always just seemed to expensive to get involved with and did not have alot of variety in builds. I also play in Normal (I know boooo to you newb) I understand that you self found gear for this toon but just had a few questions about optimal gear choices if you had the right gear available to you.

Crown of Eyes vs. Alpha's Howl vs. Resist/Life Helm. I am currently running Crown of Eyes but I am curious what your thoughts on CoE vs. Being able to run an additional aura & higher level auras are.

Cloak of Defiance vs Belly of the Beast vs. Linked Resist/Life chest. Once again I am running a 5L Legacy CoD. If you had the choice would you do the same or would you stay with Belly? Also what about using a rare chest instead of either unique and what would be best, Straight ES, AR/ES or EV/ES

Aura Choices. I do understand most game mechanics but I am a little out of my depth when it comes to wand builds. Everything is phys based with a wand but yet the are considered Ele builds. We look for Phys life & mana leech but it seems that the traditional phys auras kind of take a back seat. By that I am referring to Hatred and Herald of Ash. These are typically the go to for phys builds because they are an additional % of you Phys as extra damage not a conversion of your phys damage. Were your choices of Anger & Wrath due to that is what was available to you or would you continue to run them if you had them all available to you? Or is there some mechanics around wand builds that I am not seeing that makes you want flat ele damage mods instead? Currently I am running HoT/Curse on Hit/Assasin's Mark/Reduced mana in a 4L and in another 4L Hatred/HoA/Red Mana/Clarity. I should point out as well that I am playing this as a witch not a shadow.

Current gear
Spoiler

Interesting post with good questions.

I'm not 100% sure but I'm guessing with wands we aim for flat ele damage because the physical damage on wands seems generaly lower than on other weapons (wands with 200+ phys damage seem extremely rare/expensive). Therefore the % added damage from hatred HoA might not be all that efficient.

Anyone tested an Atziri's Promise flask with this build?
Last edited by wozzlebottle on Dec 26, 2014, 6:28:22 PM
"
wozzlebottle wrote:
"
XxLabanxX wrote:

Current gear
Spoiler

Interesting post with good questions.

I'm not 100% sure but I'm guessing with wands we aim for flat ele damage because the physical damage on wands seems generaly lower than on other weapons (wands with 200+ phys damage seem extremely rare/expensive). Therefore the % added damage from hatred HoA might not be all that efficient.

Anyone tested an Atziri's Promise flask with this build?

I do run Atziri's Promise in 1 of my spots. It give's me about 1700 more dps with no charges. Most people only think of using it for phys builds because it gives up to 25% extra damage as chaos damage. Even if you are a pure ele build though it still gives up to 15% extra damage as chaos on ele damage. in my eyes extra damage from a pot is exactly that, extra damage for 4+ seconds by doing nothing more than pressing the 5 button. The fact that I leech 10% of that damage is even more of a bonus so until I have a more pressing need for that 5th pot spot I will probably continue to run it.
Updated the guide as best I could.

If I missed anything let me know and I'll try to add it in when I can.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info