Clones. lots and lots of questions

How often do the minions actually hit something, by the way? I'm really leaning towards using Lioneye's instead of Chin Sol for this. Drillneck also seems like a good quiver to put in if you're using mixed phys and elemental damage, replacing wed/IPD with Pierce? So let's say I have LG, then Wrath/Anger/Hatred and then maybe(unlikely) haste, the links would become
Trap - Multi - Clone - LMP - Minion Dmg - Pierce
It could also be Faster Attacks in case you have a mediocre mixed damage quiver.

on a fun note, I'm wondering what would happen if you equip a "Projectiles Return to You" Mod.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
enveratise wrote:
How often do the minions actually hit something, by the way? I'm really leaning towards using Lioneye's instead of Chin Sol for this. Drillneck also seems like a good quiver to put in if you're using mixed phys and elemental damage, replacing wed/IPD with Pierce? So let's say I have LG, then Wrath/Anger/Hatred and then maybe(unlikely) haste, the links would become
Trap - Multi - Clone - LMP - Minion Dmg - Pierce
It could also be Faster Attacks in case you have a mediocre mixed damage quiver.

on a fun note, I'm wondering what would happen if you equip a "Projectiles Return to You" Mod.

The minions hardly ever miss -- their accuracy is quite good. A Glare late-game would definitely be cool for damage, though.

Getting Pierce on them is hard since they don't get your passives. The Pierce gem and/or Drillneck would probably do a lot of work, though, just not sure if it's worth having over something like WED. Anyway, kind of a moot point since it's a 5 maybe 6L option. Super lategame stuff.

I've been running with an Infractem and they're just tearing things up right now. It'll be rough to go back to no piercing afterward.

Wrath/Anger for sure. Hatred would be nice, I think, and I can probably fit it after RMC is maxed out. That's 180%, RMC is *.7, tree is *.7 = 88% reserved. Without an Alpha's Howl, probably not getting more than 3.

Vaal Haste on the otherhand seems an easy socket choice.
Flesh Offering has been fantastic so far.

Projectiles Return to You would look hilarious but probably not that useful since it takes a prefix slot and those minions need as much damage as you can give them. :P
Last edited by pneuma on Dec 14, 2014, 5:36:55 PM
theory craft:

definately use minion instability.
skelly totem or srs totem.

desecrate trap in deerstalkers with +1 frenzy charge.
desecrate, multi, inc aoe, (pik one)

barrage chain curse on hit (pick curse) coc DD. DD triggers EE through a herald =O
i dont expect heralds to work with clones as they do not work with minions.

do they get ur charges?

[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Dec 14, 2014, 6:46:41 PM
Made a guide for this build over in the Templar board.

---

"
leighferon wrote:
theory craft:

definately use minion instability.
skelly totem or srs totem.

desecrate trap in deerstalkers with +1 frenzy charge.
desecrate, multi, inc aoe, (pik one)

barrage chain curse on hit (pick curse) coc DD. DD triggers EE through a herald =O
i dont expect heralds to work with clones as they do not work with minions.

do they get ur charges?

Yes, MI.

Not enough sockets for skelly/srs, tbh. SRS is definitely useful and shares a lot of similarities with this build, but the build has plenty of damage. Zombies fill a need.

Desecrate trap doesn't seem useful. There are plenty of corpses.

Main-link curse-on-hit is a decent idea. I would probably do RoA + CoH + curses personally. Not sure which curse would be best... probably Elemental Weakness. Again though, no free links and likely not much "free time" to be cursing things.

Heralds do not work with minions.

They do not get your charges (like all minions).
these things are clones do they get the crit chance u have with power charges up?
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
"
leighferon wrote:
these things are clones do they get the crit chance u have with power charges up?

don't really think of these as actual "clones". think of them as minions who have a copy of your bow and quiver. that's the only thing they get from you... afaik.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Not really a bow user but I find cloning very interesting. I hope in the future melee could tap on its potential. Then I could finally get to use kage bunshin no jutsu. :)
Turns out I have all the gear I have to do this sans the gems. I'm a bit nervous speccing into this. a commenter on the reddit thread says the DPS sucks, even on a "OP bow".

I know either way I'll have a summoner to play with, but I'd rather not waste a full respec. :/

Also, if you go to Scion Start, CI can also be considered since aside from the Bow and the helm, you're not really gear dependent. Discipline hurts the MI proc a bit though.
The only way i know of to check if clones share your tree is to get some knockback passives and watch for anything getting knocked.

Volunteers?
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:
The only way i know of to check if clones share your tree is to get some knockback passives and watch for anything getting knocked.

Volunteers?

Highly doubt it. they'd have a lot more HP if they did.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info